Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 00:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

clientless bot in development

Discussion on clientless bot in development within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Howdy guys.

Just thought I'd share with you, the other white meat besides glider.

This is wowbot, its been in development for about 4 weeks (over months, on/off). Its one of the few unique bots (Only 2 others known in the private scene, both no longer working/no longer in development) in that it is completely clientless (ie, no need to run wow.exe to run it). it is 100% on the protocol level it speaks directly with the wow server and renders no graphics (yet) what so ever. meaning you can easily run multiple bots (using multiple accounts obviously) on the same computer with no problems at all.

The benefits of doing this (and why i am doing this) is that at the protocol level you have every single detail a human person could have, with little effort. no need to read memory, you just read the packets as they come in and handle it as the normal client would, adding the botting aspects easily in with that and sending the proper responses back. no more scanning the screen to find a body to loot, it knows exactly where it is, exactly what unique id the object has, etc. another nifty feature, is this can literally take over auction market. it can in theory (no reason i can see this can't be implemented, just saying in theory just incase i never pull it off :P) it can sit at an ah, constantly scanning for profitable items to buy and re-sell. you simply cannot do that with a hooking/memory reading bot.

Combat would be easier as well. because you're absolutely sure of where everything is around you, it would be a ton easier to eliminate the waypoint system and use more of an AI for selecting targets with the least amount of risk, not just the closest one you run into. You can easily calculate your agro range based on the mob and past experience, etc. tons of benefits.

Of course, the problem. alas! always a problem.. bet you can guess what it is.. its warden, of course. I have a pretty good idea of how warden works over the protocol level, but what I am lacking is the reversing skills needed to figure out a) its encryption scheme (as far as what keys its using to encrypt/decrypt/hash its data, and how it gets those keys) and b) how to locate every possible module (prefferably dynamically as they can be updated as often as blizz wants) to figure out what the server wants when it requests a client uses a specific module. I already know quite a bit about warden and its workings, but I won't go into detail here. If anyone has any insight though, feel free to email me :P

here's a screenshot of not too long ago. wowbot is still in early development of course, but it can at least get in world and move around. see chat, etc.

Old 09/08/2006, 14:46   #2

Interessant...

Wer hat das geschrieben?
Old 09/08/2006, 14:49   #3

jemand ausm glider member forum
kann aber au fake sein
Old 09/08/2006, 14:49   #4

Hmm irgendwie erinnert mich das an Metalpinguin, der hat sich auch son Bot gebastelt, Clientfrei ;X Aber der entwickelt wie er mit erzählt hat daran seid fast 2 Jahren, das war auch derjenige der nen WardenEmu angekündigt hat!
Old 09/08/2006, 14:51   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Hydrox@Sep 8 2006, 14:49
Hmm irgendwie erinnert mich das an Metalpinguin, der hat sich auch son Bot gebastelt, Clientfrei ;X Aber der entwickelt wie er mit erzählt hat daran seid fast 2 Jahren, das war auch derjenige der nen WardenEmu angekündigt hat!
er hat aber keine ausschlag gebende argumente gegeben und DAS lässt mich dran zweifeln ;D
Old 09/08/2006, 14:53   #6

Naja, aber ich wunder mich immer warum die Leute damit shcon rauskommen, obwohl er nicht fertig ist.
Da behalt ich das doch für mich bis ich zumindest eine passable Beta Version hab zum testen lassen.

Und das thema Warden ist halt....naja...
Old 09/08/2006, 15:06   #7

Yoa ich mein ja nur, klang recht glaubhaft was er so erzählt hat, muss aber auch nüx heißen!
Auf jeden fall klingt nen Clientfreier Bot gut X)!
Old 09/08/2006, 15:11   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnDS@Sep 8 2006, 14:53
Naja, aber ich wunder mich immer warum die Leute damit shcon rauskommen, obwohl er nicht fertig ist.
Da behalt ich das doch für mich bis ich zumindest eine passable Beta Version hab zum testen lassen.

vllt mithilfe gesucht
oder ne kleine community schonma eröffnen damit man "angefeuert" wird
Old 09/09/2006, 02:25   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnDS@Sep 8 2006, 14:53

mit dem ersten teil hast du recht.

aber thema warden sollte sich selbst erklären.
warden laeuft im wow prozess.

wenn der bot clientless ist dann gibt es auch kein warden das ihn erkennen kann...
Old 09/09/2006, 18:18   #10

Cool.. Bin ich ja mal gespannt. Also, das wär' ja mal sowas von geil =>
Old 09/09/2006, 20:15   #11

Hmm für so nen sicheren bot würde es ja sogar lohnen zu zahlen
Old 09/10/2006, 02:52   #12

aber warden spricht eben auch mit dem wow server.
bzw schickt der wow server anfragen an warden, und wenn dann keine richtige antwort kommt->flagged oder insta ban.
Old 09/10/2006, 23:15   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by vertoberto@Sep 10 2006, 02:52
aber warden spricht eben auch mit dem wow server.
bzw schickt der wow server anfragen an warden, und wenn dann keine richtige antwort kommt->flagged oder insta ban.
qft
Old 09/11/2006, 00:58   #14

das duerfte aber kein problem zu sein wenn er die andere ganze kommunikation mit dem wow client hingekriegt hat wird er das bisschen was warden mit dem server spricht auch noch hinbekommen
Old 09/11/2006, 08:21   #15

naja ich zweifle dran, wünsche es mir natürlich für sämtliche blizz games
wenn er warden so knacken kann seh ich endlich mal wieder zukunft für z.b. d2 das spiel ist schon seit ewigkeiten total auseinander genommen worden aber trotzdem ist warden > hacker. we'll see.

ausserdem wird das wohl nur für chinafarmer interessant sein, wofür bräuchte man sonst x bots am selben rechner,
wenn er das warcraft protocol wirklich entschlüsselt hat, sollte er lieber nen ordentlichen bot (radar whatever) bauen der auch auf sniffer basis arbeitet aber halt zusammen mit dem wow clienten...