Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 16:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Animation Porting

Discussion on [Guide] Animation Porting within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Animation Porting

Tools needed:
*ModIt:
*ChangeAnimations.py:
*PyM2:
*A Python Interpreter
*Notepad++ or any other texteditor

Step 1: Find the correct Bones

Open ModIt, navigate to the correct model, then click View->Show model control, enable Bones, disable Render.
Click Edit Model -> Edit Bones.
Now search the Bones of head, shoulders and legs(if you enable a bone in Edit Bones, it will be colored):

Step 2: Edit ChangeAnimations.py to your values

Open ChangeAnimations.py with your texteditor.
line 3 and 4 define the filenames, inName is the Model, which has the Animations, and outName is the Model, which gets them.
In line 57: changeBones = (0,1,2,3,4) you can add bones which you want to be ported but not the bones depending on them.
in line 69 to 88 you need to change the values of Dependent:
eg: Change left shoulder animation of HuF to SkM
Code:
if (Dependent(i,om2,16,ic) & Dependent(j,im2,10,jc)) & (Depth(i,om2) == Depth(j,im2)):
			ChangeAnims(i,j)
			break
becomes
Code:
if (Dependent(i,om2,16,ic) & Dependent(j,im2,9,jc)) & (Depth(i,om2) == Depth(j,im2)):
			ChangeAnims(i,j)
			break
if you want change the left shoulder animation of HuF to the Arakkoa one.

In line 114 you can set the output folder.

Step 3: Run ChangeAnimations.py

To run ChangeAnimations.py you need to have a Python Interpreter installed.
Then ChangeAnimations.py has to be in the same folder like m2.py, wowfile.py etc. from PyM2.
Under Windows, if you've installed a Python Interpreter *.py should automatically be attached to the Interpreter,
so you can double-click on the file and it'll run.
Under Linux you need to add a shebang:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/python
(something like that)
and than execute the file.
Under MacOS I've no idea :P
Now your animation port is finished and you can add your files to your MPQ ;D

Appendix:
Some model information (will be updatet):