Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

help pls...

Discussion on help pls... within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
im new to world of warcraft and i started playing it the other day. im connecting to private servers. my computer specs:

amd athlon XP 2000+
512 mb memory
64mb GeForce2
and 5 gigs more on my hard disk
im using direct x 9c

my prob is this. when im on the starting map, everything seems fine. a little bit of lag and there seems to be no sky, just flickering of lights. i dont mind it though. but the prob starts at stormwind. everything is find at the entrance but when i get to the trading place, nothing is clear anymore. i cant see npcs, houses... nothing. not even my char. all i see is flat images with diff horizontal and vertical colors. so i move back to the entrance and everything is back to norm. i tried other places and same problem occurs.

can anyone help me with this one? i look up the system req for the game and it says:

Processor: 800MHz or higher CPU.
RAM: 256Mb or more.
Video: GeForce 2 or better
Hard Drive Space: 3Gb or more available.
DirectX 9.0 or above.

i think my system passed but why do i have this prob? and how can i get the latency to a minimum? there are times when the latency reaches 15K! but most of the time its 5k-8k.

tnx a lot to anyone who could help me out. =D