Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 15:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Calculating Shadowstep coordinates

Discussion on Calculating Shadowstep coordinates within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 182
Calculating Shadowstep coordinates

Hi everyone, i'm just wondering how could i make the calculations of shadowstep, i mean, shadowstep gets the target coords and it's positioned 5 or 10 (idk) meters behind him.

So, getting the X,Y,Z,O coordinates of my target how shall i calculate the new coords from behin the target.

Even if you have the SS source link it to me please. =S.
Old 03/11/2012, 14:10   #2

elite*gold: 55
Received Thanks: 1,479
Simple trigonometrical maths:

newX = (float)(Convert.ToDouble(TargetX) + (-5 * Math.Cos(TargetFacing)));
newY = (float)(Convert.ToDouble(TargetY) + (-5 * Math.Sin(TargetFacing)));

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Shadowstep pve tricks
01/05/2009 - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros - 0 Replies
I dont think i need to explain what shadowstep is seeing most of you knows what it is, but it has its usefullness in diffierent pve encounters. Maexxna IF you shadowstep just when you are webbed, when you are flying in the air you will either be webbed under the boss itself, or sometimes not be webbed at all, saves time for people to run and even mana. Malygos. You can also shadowstep malygos when he is to throw you up in the vortex phase wich sometimes makes you completely...
Shadowstep Off Nightbane's Terrace
04/07/2008 - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros - 7 Replies
I was doing Karazhan on my rogue today when I accidentally hit Shadow Step while Nightbane was in the air. To my surprise I ported to him and fell down below. You may remember getting "outside" Kara via the wall jumping method and there is a way to get to prince and chess solo this way. Here is a SS of me below after shadow stepping. I have a small fraps file I will upload later. http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5...ghtbaneen8. jpg So to recap: 1. Engage Nightbane 2....
Useful Shadowstep Trick VS. Warriors
12/08/2007 - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros - 2 Replies
First off, I take no credit for this. Credit goes to Acrono -------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Acstep.wmv - FileFront.com When a warrior hits intercept, hitting shadowstep quickly will teleport you to him, hence, switching positions. Useful tactic to evade intercept stun, or if you need to run off and stealth to get some health in an arena since they will not be able to get in range to melee you till their next intercept. Works the same...
Druid Shadowstep
11/29/2007 - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros - 7 Replies
http://youtube.com/watch?v=21XXtDyUle0 I take no credit in this just letting people know about it. I do not have a druid so I wouldnt know how this works my best guess is macro... /cast Feral Charge /cancelform /cast Cat Form
Free fall with Shadowstep
02/07/2007 - WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros - 4 Replies
Hi there, Ok, here's what you do. I'll try to get a vid up ASAP. As a rogue with the shadowstep skill you can drop from a high height while in stealth, and just before you hit the ground, target a mob and shadowmeld behind them. You will take no damage. I do this in the cave of Zangarmarsh, 74,91. So there you go. enjoy. Hf