Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 20:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reading the WoW chat through port sniffing

Discussion on Reading the WoW chat through port sniffing within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Reading the WoW chat through port sniffing

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the best way to decode WoW packages directly from a packet stream captured by for instance tcpdump (libpcap).

I attached a file containing a raw packet.

It clearly states "Trade - City" with some clutter and then a cleartext chat message.

Can someone help me out with this?

I am not looking for a way to manipulate the packets and sending them to the server, I just want to be able to read them and use that information for other purposes (for example real-time logging)

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt packet.txt (604 Bytes, 33 views)
Old 04/04/2009, 03:19   #2

instead of reading the packets, you maybe should start to read the forum rules:

WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
Falls du ein fertiges Tutorial über WoW hast dann poste es hier, fragen im bezug auf hacks etc. kommen in das Main Forum [no questions]

even if you dont know german the bold part is english!
Old 04/04/2009, 11:32   #3

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Moved.

Use the search engine, there was a tool (with source) to read the horde AND alliance chat some time ago. Exactly what you are looking for.
Old 04/04/2009, 12:19   #4

Sorry for the wrong forum post....

Thanks Lowfyr, i have searched a lot before i posted this but haven't found one yet, if you remember the thread title maybe you can link it?
Old 04/04/2009, 13:27   #5

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758