In a recent podcast interview at 1up.com, Cory Stockton, WoW’s lead level designer gave a few hints on the upcoming Death Knight class. The more notable points of interest include:
- Doing the quest to unlock a DK will give you a new hero slot, in which you can make a DK.
- This means you would need to redo it if you wanted to make a second DK; it’s unknown whether you can have more than one hero slot per realm, though.
- This also means you (hopefully) won’t be stopped from making one by having ten characters on a realm.
He also mentions that future hero classes will be added in future expansions. So it is likely Death Knights will be all we see for a while!
- One idea for the Death Knight class is that you’ll start in Stratholme and have to break your way out.
- Two Death Knight spells mentioned: Army of the Dead (the one from the trailer) which summons a bunch of undead minions, and Death and Decay, which is an AOE spell.
- One idea for an ability is Blood Boil, a damage-over-time ability that after the duration lights up two of your blood runes.
- Generally Blood runes are damage-oriented, Frost are control-oriented, and Unholy are utility and DOT mechanics.