Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Guide to a 60 Rogue

Discussion on Guide to a 60 Rogue within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi there,
ok i found this for my rogue pls post your opinion

Quote:
Guide to a Rogue
------------------------
[1] Introduction

[2] Rogues Loot List

[3] Builds

[4] Sites *UPDATED**FIXED*

[5] Abilities

[6] Gathering Prof.

More Chapters will come in time.
====================
[1] Introduction

This guide is only for Rogues, you cannot mix it with any other class, this is a guide for both Alliance and Horde Rogues. Over the time WoW has been around people have been asking these questions : " WTH is a Good buidle for a Rogue? ", " Rogues are boring me out y? ". This guide is created to answer these questions. Do not flame my guide, just give me requests our what ever you want, except flames. Well hope you enjoy this wicked guide.

- Lethal
---------------------------------------
[2] Rogues Loot List

It embarrasing enough when a Rogues tries to roll on Druid pieces when he/she doesn't know its a druid only item and rolls on it based on stats, so heres a nice loot list by a friend of mine :

Heres another loot list I found on Google :

----------------------------------------
[3] Builds

The main thing people get wrong as Rouges are the builds; they either copy someone elses * its not that bad, but still * or randomly select points. First time Rogue especially have htis problem, well heres some thing to fix this.

My Rogue Build :

ASSASSINATION: 21pts
----------------------------
# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

# Malice - 5/5 points
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

# Murder - 2/2 points
Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%.

# Lethality - 5/5 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, and Hemorrhage abilities by 30%.

# Vile Poisons - 2/5 points
Increases the damage dealt by your poisons by 6%.

# Improved Instant Poison - 3/5 points
Increases the chance to apply Instant Poison to your target by 6%.

# Cold Blood - 1/1 point
When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%.

COMBAT: 5pts
-----------------
# Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.

# Lightning Reflexes - 3/5 points
Increases your Dodge chance by 3%.

SUBTLETY: 25pts
--------------------
# Master of Deception - 5/5 points
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4)

# Camouflage - 5/5 points
Increases your speed while stealthed by 15%.

# Elusiveness - 5/5 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Evasion, Vanish, and Blind abilities by 1.3 minutes.

# Opportunity - 5/5 points
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.

# Improved Ambush - 2/3 points
Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 30%.

# Improved Sap - 1/3 point
Gives you a 30% chance to return to stealth mode after using your Sap ability.

# Preparation - 1/1 point
When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your other Rogue abilities.

# Improved Distract - 1/2 point
Increases the radius of your Distract ability by 3 yards.

===========================
How to use this build: ^ the one above

First is to always open up with a cheap shot or ambush ( I use ambush ) then start pounding away with SS then when at 3 - 5 Pts ( Depends on your HP and Targets HP ) use Evi, then repeat. If you reach 50% HP its best you use Vanish then Cheap Shot, then SS till target has max Pts on him/her then if Evi isnt rdy by now use Prep then Cold Blood to hopefully finish the target. Using this build requires the true rogue or a sneeking player if your non of tht by all means don't use this build lol, you'll just get Murdered like a Decked out Rogue vs the Holy Priest.
--------------------------------------------
Here was My DoT * Damage over Time * Build:

ASSASSINATION: 25pts
----------------------------
# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

# Malice - 5/5 points
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.

# Murder - 2/2 points
Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%.

# Lethality - 3/5 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, and Hemorrhage abilities by 18%.

# Vile Poisons - 2/5 points
Increases the damage dealt by your poisons by 6%.

# Improved Instant Poison - 2/5 points
Increases the chance to apply Instant Poison to your target by 4%.

# Cold Blood - 1/1 point
When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%.

# Improved Kidney Shot - 2/3 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Kidney Shot ability by 4 seconds.

# Improved Deadly Poison - 2/5 points
Increases the chance to apply Deadly Poison to your target by 6%.

COMBAT: 0 Pts
------------------
SUBTLETY: 25 Pts
---------------------
# Master of Deception - 5/5 points
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4)

# Elusiveness - 5/5 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Evasion, Vanish, and Blind abilities by 1.3 minutes.

# Opportunity - 5/5 points
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.

# Improved Garrote - 2/2 points
Increases the duration of your Garrote ability by 6 seconds, but reduces the damage by 10%.

# Improved Rupture - 3/3 points
Increases the damage of dealt by your Rupture ability by 30%.

# Improved Distract - 2/2 points
Increases the radius of your Distract ability by 5 yards.

# Preparation - 1/1 point
When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your other Rogue abilities.

# Improved Cheap Shot - 2/2 points
Reduces the Energy cost of your Cheap Shot ability by 20.

# Hemorrhage - 1/1 point
An instant strike that damages the opponent and causes the target to hermorrhage, increasing any Physical damage dealt to the target by up to 3. Lasts 30 charges or 15 seconds. Awards 1 combo point.

Level 46: 5 damage increase
Level 58: 7 damage increase
==========================
How to use this build: ^ the one above

Do NOT use SS, because it is a waste of energy in this build, use Hemorrhage to open up atks, its required hat you use either Rupture or Evi, the battle conditions will tell you wat to do, if you open up with Garrote its best you use Evi when at 3-5 Pts on the Enemy, but if you use Cheap Shot ( NO Ambush ) its best you use Rupture then start hacking/slashing away with Hemorr and Evi. Also in this build since you do less Instant/Burst Dmg its best you use Swords, no Maces because since the patch up Blizzard has reduced the ammount of Dmg Maces do with Rogues. Using Swords with Strength and Agilty are the key ( No Stamina, your gear can do that ) because you want to hit hard while doing DoT.
----------------------------------------
A Place to test your builds :

* BTW they have this for Every Class in the Game! *
=========================
[4] Sites

A place to Test Rogue builds * and other classes *:

A nice site about Items/Quests for Rogues:

Rogues Weapons Chart:

Lock Picking Guide:

Builds:

Loot:

There will be more sites added in the Future, so keep this alive Very Happy.
=================
[5] Abilitys

Its good to know you surrounding right?, well thats the same with with your Rogue abilitys, best to know what your using eh? Heres a Niffty little site with this info, Ill post my own as soon as I colaborate it.

I hope you like this.
=================
[6] Professions

+ Mining

This is a grreat money maker for a Rogue and I highly recommend it at low lvls so you can save up for a mount, if you do this for farming mats its best you pair it w/ Skinning, Blacksmithing is practicly useless with Rogues because Rogues don't use Mail or Plate, and the weapons that are made arn't benifical for a Rogue.

+ Herbalism

A good partner with Alchemy, though not much of a money maker by itself w/ Alchemy its a money maker AND it can benifit the Rogue as well.

+ Skinning

This is a very good money making Profession, mixed with Mining, you'll be the god of making money when it comes to Professions, Leatherworking is good for lvls 5 - 40, but at higher lvls it becomes a pain and becomes useless to a Rogue. Skinning is good for Farming w/ Mining.
------------------------------
Its good if your reading this guide to Look at my guide for Gathering
===============
Old 12/20/2006, 20:11   #2

****... sorry
Old 12/21/2006, 05:17   #3

just because you bought a rogue on eBay dosnt mean you know anything about the class.
Old 12/21/2006, 06:08   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWise@Dec 21 2006, 05:17
just because you bought a rogue on eBay dosnt mean you know anything about the class.
hahah xDDD

Aber mal im ernst, ist doch nett von ihm das er son guide postet =)
Old 12/22/2006, 12:23   #5

Schon möglich, leider ist das Ding ziemlich überholt. Die kompletten Builds sind pre Patch 2.0