Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Kalu'ak Fishing Derby Guide

Discussion on Kalu'ak Fishing Derby Guide within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Kalu'ak Fishing Derby Guide

What is Kalu'ak Fishing Derby

The Kalu'ak Fishing Derby its a full server contest like the Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest and takes place in Northrend. You can do it every Saturday between 14:00 and 15:00 server time. The objective is to catch Blacktip Shark which is a rare fish that can only be caught during the Derby time. After you catch it you should deliver it to Elder Clearwater which is in Dalaran next to the fishing daily quest giver. The first one that will Deliver it will choose one of the two rewards.

Why doing it? What are the rewards?

The rewards from Kalu'ak Fishing Derby are the following:

- . A pair of boots that have a +15 bonus to fishing skill and an interesting use ability that teleports you to booty bay with 1 day CD. It is an item that might come handy several times.

- . A heirloom ring suited for all classes that gives you a +5% bonus on gaining experience. A valuable item for those that like leveling twinks and very good to have when Cataclysm releases.

How to do it

Preparation

- Put your HS to Dalaran.

- Learn the ability Find Fish from a Weather-Beaten Journal.

- Buy from AH Elixir of Water Walking unless your class provides you a similar ability.

- Bring with you the highest available lures and fishing gear.

- Go to the following location:

The process

- Always fish on fishing pools.

- Being in the specific spot you will ALWAYS have a pool available unless the area will get too crowdy.

- When you catch the fish immediately HS to Dalaran and complete the quest

- Decide your reward before starting the derby. Do not waste time on quest giver deciding which of the two items to get. I remember the first fishing contest I lost it because I was deciding which of the two items to get although I was first on quest giver.

- Do not be in raid

Good Luck!

Edit: New Information added
Fishing gear and enchants

Ok, Since it was asked I will write some things about getting some decent starting gear as a fisherman and what kind of enchants you could use.

Fishing Poles

The best pole you can get is the Arcanite Fishing Pole (+40%). Apart from being the best it is also the hardest to get since it is the reward for winning Stranglethorn Extravaganza Contest. A guide for winning Stranglethorn Extravaganza can be found here:
Apart from that there are 3 fishing poles that give +30 fishing skill. The two of them are random rewards from doing daily fishing quests from the quest giver in Dalaran. The third is only available for those that have exalted reputation with Kalu'ak.
Finally the easiest fishing pole you can get (+25 skill) is the Nat's Lucky Fishing Pole and you can get it by doing the Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme quest.
Do not bother getting any fishing pole with lower skill than that

Head

Lucky Fishing Hat (5%). You can get it if you manage to fish Keefer's Angelfish in Stranglethorn Extravaganza.
Weather-Beaten Fishing hat (5%). Its random loot from doing daily fishing quests.

Feet

Nat Pangle's Extreme Anglin' Boots (5%). You can get it if you manage to fish Brownell's Blue Striped Racer in Stranglethorn Extravaganza.
Boots of the Bay (15%). Reward from winning Kalu'ak Fishing Derby

Lines

Spun Truesilver Fishing Line (3%). Its random loot from doing daily fishing quests.
High Test Eternium Fishing Line (5%). You can get it if you manage to fish Dezian Queenfish in Stranglethorn Extravaganza.

Enchants

Enchant Gloves Fishing (+2%). Recipy droped from murlocs in Hillsbrad Foothills

Food

Captain Rumsey's Lager (+10%). The recipy is random loot from doing daily fishing quests.

Elixirs

Underbelly Elixir (50%). Rare effect.

Lures

Bright Baubles (+75%). Bought from all fisherman vendors.
Flesh Eating Worm (+75%). Dropped from Rotted One in Duskwood.
Aquadynamic Fish Attractor (+100%). You can buy them from fisherman vendors but they are rare spawns. They can also be crafted by engineers.
Sharpened Fish Hook (+100%). Its random loot from doing daily fishing quests.
Glow Worm (+100%). Its random loot from doing daily fishing quests.
Weather-Beaten Fishing hat [USE] ability (75%). Its random loot from doing daily fishing quests.

Feel free to add anything I might have omit.