Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

10-30 in 2 Days (Horde)

Discussion on 10-30 in 2 Days (Horde) within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,757
At level 10, I can speak for the "horde" only. So.... "Here's what I did..." I'll take you thru the akward 10-30 levels... Also to let you know, I was pretty much using "store" bought weapons. At that time the AH was pretty much barren and void of anything decent. You lucky ones who have started aftewards are lucky. Also, keep in mind, I went from lvl 1-14 in the first day and 14-26 by the second. They were ALL day events, so if your not hardcore, don't get hard pressed that you're not at the same pace. The game has a lvl cap, so don't feel you need to hit it all in one day. Trust me, you have "time" to catch up.

This is pretty much what I did in OB on two characters and finally what I did in retail to level passed others. Also, you should note I pretty much skipped alot of my quests in the beginning. I feel the early quests are kinda fillers for people who "Only want to quest." The same sort of items if not better can be found outside in the world.

Uhm, as the Good people of the church say, "The Lord will provide", in this case, the WOW people. Quests are great for a coincedental XP, but the running around takes away from valuable farming and XP. Trust me, there are plenty of quests, and the early ones are crowded as it is. There will be plenty of awesome stuff to get later, after lvl 30. So forget those quests for right now, most of it that drops regularly is pretty much better. I'd say if you like a specific item off one of them "do it" otherwise, have faith. Also, alot of you are going to be screaming about me skipping instances such as the one in the Cleft of Shadows; for those people, I am sorry and wouldn't suggest any instances until you are 20. The XP isn't that great, and you waiste time dying alot. Ok, so here goes....

1. (1st Day) LvL 10 - Get to the Barrens - I say this because the quests are pretty simple and best of all, they are all linear (You can do them lvl by lvl and not do much traveling). I found being in the Undead area it was kind of all over the place, and I spent more time looking for the 1 quest mob that everybody else was trying to kill. Also, I did play a troll hunter, and found it to be the same case for the Trolls.

2. LvL 10 => Lvl 15 - Discover the Crossroads - Find the inn, make it your new home. You will be spending alot of time here. Load up on all the quests, you are going to find as you level, there will be some quest mobs that you just run up on. I started with the Plainsrunners and Zhevra's. Till you get some decent gear, stick to your level. I started farming from the bridge that connected (Durotar? Ogrimmar region and the Barrens) and moved south west into the Crossroads. The alligators are around level 10 and have a good chance of dropping decent items. Stay away from the scorpian type creatures and mostly anything that have a lasting poison/effect as it does slow down your farming time. You want to move from there killing Plainstriders and Zhevra's.

***TIP***You want to work in an area that there is no aggressive type mobs, the Zhevra's and Plainstriders are non-aggro and non-social. Killing 2 at once is mostly a death sentance when you're a lowbie, so stick to the area that is lowbie friendly. Again this should be at the camp between Ogrimmar and the Barrens (Crossroads). There is a little Horde camp there that I like. It's the first place you run into west of Oggrimar. Grind on these two mobs until you hit about 14/15.

3. (2nd Day) 14/15 => 18 - NW Barrens - About this time you are probably finding you can start doing some quests at lvl 15. Fine, but keep moving thru each mob until you hit your quest mob area. They have you kill the female lions and male lions and all sorts of stuff ie Centaurs. If you are grinding more like I suggest, move yourself on the road NW of the Barrens. The plainstriders and Zhevras go up in level, which is nice, because they have a tendancy to drop gear and cloth/cotten as well as sticking to "your" level.

4. 17/18 => 20 Ok, stay away from the Centaurs and such as they tend to gang up on you. Stick with north area of crossroads, you almost get close to going into Ashenvale, but "keep west" of that. Ok, this was my sweet spot. I loved this area because there is a hidden vendor back here. If you can't find him, he is in the very NORTH WEST spot of the Barrens. North of the Harpies area and West of the Road leading into Ashenvale. You're going to notice Girafe's, Lions, Aggro-Plainstriders. Ya, its getting a bit tougher, but, the good news is that the mobs are compact here. Compact mobs = High output of kills, ie. More XP, more chances for items. Also you should see a shop close by, even better, means you can farm 10 seconds away from a shop. PICK UP EVERYTHING and sell it, this is good, because if you don't have alot of bags or the bags are 6/8 slot bags, it keeps you free from having to STOP and go back to town. Any green items save for the AH, when you are overloaded by the green hearthstone back and travel to Ogrimmar and AH your stuff. Do this until you are 21/22 or until you are bored. LOL

5. 21/22 => 24/25 Ok, now, if you put off doing the quests in the Barrens, great news, you can pretty much burn threw a good portion of them and bang out alot of XP from doing the quests. Knock these quests out now, alot of the mobs are still close to your level to give you XP and items. Centaur quests will eventually give you a nice ring (prob your first), Echyake or however you pronouce it is a good quest. There are Quillaboars (Boar guys) have good quests/drops. Since you are a high level, with increasingly better stuff or money situation they are easy to solo and you don't have to rely on a group to do them or at least only need one friend.

6. 24/25+ => 29/30 South of the Crossroads is Camp Tarujo - This was my favorite area, put off the quests there for a second. These Thunder Lizards (Big Dinosaur looking creatures) I made alot of money off of these, like 10g in 1/2 hours. One stack of gizzards should net you like 1g. Camp Taurujo is pretty close to repair and sell off things as you go. You can basically start off with the ones that are 21/22 then work your way to about 28. You can also kill the scorpians in this area for the famed "egg" quest and such. Again, I'd postpone your questing for the grinding, but if you need a break from the grind, by all means. There is a special mob Dinosaur (Lighting Lizard) here, kill him, (Onwatanka), he gives you a quick 2800xp plus he drops some of the best equipment I ever got until I hit 30+. You can kill him over and over again. Also, around this area has quests from Camp Taurjo, one of the quests gives you the ability to turn in Bloodshards, which are used for some real nice buffs, and of course quick xp. There is another Boarman type quest that the mobs drop "weapons" for quest items and also have a good tendacy to drop nice rings. This area and the Thunder Lizards were my favorite because of the high quality drops and easy XP. GL there..

7. (3rd Day) LvL 30+ (or if you haven't hit it already) - Do the instances you passed up on. By now, you are probably ahead of most people in the area. They will gladly welcome you into Cleft of Shadows Instance or Wailing Caverns. You also want to check back in the Hall of Heros area, there is a new quest that popped up that sends you into Gnomeregan, which has some excellent Leather/Mail/Cloth reward items (Tripprunner Leather pants I got from this quest lasted till I hit 57). RazorFin Downs is also good around Lvl 30 Located in Deep South of Barrens.

***Alternate Route - 25+ - IF, you have a good group/clan, start looking to Thousand Needles. There are quests in there have awesome rewards and great XP. I would only suggest these quests if you have a group. It also takes you into contested territory, which I don't suggest you start doing till much later if you are solo.

***A Quick 45k XP for 30+ - Shimmering Flats have alot of quick quests right in the same area. If you collect all the quests in that area and kill all the mobs it will take you to complete the quest, it will yield at LEAST 45k of XP. Also, you should travel South thru Shimmering Flats and discover Gadgetzan real quick and set it up as your home. Quick and easy to travel from Gadget to Ogrimmar for fast AH needs.

There is alot you miss out on doing what I illustrate here, Tarren Mill, and a bunch of other stuff. Just giving you an idea of "what" you can do by yourself (solo) without relying on others. I truely feel I was able to enjoy the game/quests after I hit 30, instead of dying alot in some instance and eventually hating them just to try to complete some quest that didn't give me anything I needed/wanted. I later after 30 starting to play catchup on the quests, and they were so easy and fast that I caught up in 1-2hours to where everybody else was in the quests.
Old 01/17/2005, 17:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
finde den lizard spot net wirklich optimal wenn ich das berechne brauch ich von lvl 24 (bin schon auf 22k xp von 31k) auf lvl 25 3 1/2 h für das lizard gebiet!

also anderen vorschlag bitte!
Old 01/21/2005, 10:29   #3

bitte mal ne antwort =)

bin nun lvl 28 und bräuchte neuen grind spot!!!!!

umbedingt will solangsam an die 30+ gehen =))
Old 02/14/2005, 16:17   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by mRs@Jan 17 2005, 17:29
finde den lizard spot net wirklich optimal wenn ich das berechne brauch ich von lvl 24 (bin schon auf 22k xp von 31k) auf lvl 25 3 1/2 h für das lizard gebiet!

also anderen vorschlag bitte!
yop hast recht, der is net wirklich gut da owatanka nich mehr so gut dropped (xp is auch mies, max 50 xp mehr als bei den normalen O_o) - werd heut abend mal den spot weiter südlich von 1kneedles antesten, da bin ich mit lvl 20 net weitergekommen, sollte nun aber gehen

werds dann hier posten falls die posi was taugt, ansonsten ashenvale oder hillsbrad questen
Old 03/03/2005, 10:44   #5

also ma n kleiner report:

größtenteils funzt das ganz gut, allerdings nur wenn man die killquests mit den grind locations verbindet

nach einem tag dauerzocken (vonn 11 Uhr bis 23 Uhr) bin ich auf lvl 16 gekommen (ich denke mal das man in der zeit auch auf lvl 20 kommen kann)

hab das ganze bei dem ersten retail tag ausprobiert, wie ihr alle wisst waren da einige stunden lang enorme lag probleme..
Old 12/29/2005, 15:04   #6

Kannst du das mal auf Deutsch übersetzen??^^
Old 01/07/2006, 17:25   #7

ja, deutsch wäre nett ; ) danke schonmal, hab jetz kein nerv das bissel englisch durchzulesen ;P dennoch übersichtlich gemacht , )
Old 07/17/2007, 17:52   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowfyr@Jan 13 2005, 14:56
At level 10, I can speak for the "horde" only. So.... "Here's what I did..." I'll take you thru the akward 10-30 levels... Also to let you know, I was pretty much using "store" bought weapons. At that time the AH was pretty much barren and void of anything decent. You lucky ones who have started aftewards are lucky. Also, keep in mind, I went from lvl 1-14 in the first day and 14-26 by the second. They were ALL day events, so if your not hardcore, don't get hard pressed that you're not at the same pace. The game has a lvl cap, so don't feel you need to hit it all in one day. Trust me, you have "time" to catch up.

This is pretty much what I did in OB on two characters and finally what I did in retail to level passed others. Also, you should note I pretty much skipped alot of my quests in the beginning. I feel the early quests are kinda fillers for people who "Only want to quest." The same sort of items if not better can be found outside in the world.

Uhm, as the Good people of the church say, "The Lord will provide", in this case, the WOW people. Quests are great for a coincedental XP, but the running around takes away from valuable farming and XP. Trust me, there are plenty of quests, and the early ones are crowded as it is. There will be plenty of awesome stuff to get later, after lvl 30. So forget those quests for right now, most of it that drops regularly is pretty much better. I'd say if you like a specific item off one of them "do it" otherwise, have faith. Also, alot of you are going to be screaming about me skipping instances such as the one in the Cleft of Shadows; for those people, I am sorry and wouldn't suggest any instances until you are 20. The XP isn't that great, and you waiste time dying alot. Ok, so here goes....

1. (1st Day) LvL 10 - Get to the Barrens - I say this because the quests are pretty simple and best of all, they are all linear (You can do them lvl by lvl and not do much traveling). I found being in the Undead area it was kind of all over the place, and I spent more time looking for the 1 quest mob that everybody else was trying to kill. Also, I did play a troll hunter, and found it to be the same case for the Trolls.

2. LvL 10 => Lvl 15 - Discover the Crossroads - Find the inn, make it your new home. You will be spending alot of time here. Load up on all the quests, you are going to find as you level, there will be some quest mobs that you just run up on. I started with the Plainsrunners and Zhevra's. Till you get some decent gear, stick to your level. I started farming from the bridge that connected (Durotar? Ogrimmar region and the Barrens) and moved south west into the Crossroads. The alligators are around level 10 and have a good chance of dropping decent items. Stay away from the scorpian type creatures and mostly anything that have a lasting poison/effect as it does slow down your farming time. You want to move from there killing Plainstriders and Zhevra's.

***TIP***You want to work in an area that there is no aggressive type mobs, the Zhevra's and Plainstriders are non-aggro and non-social. Killing 2 at once is mostly a death sentance when you're a lowbie, so stick to the area that is lowbie friendly. Again this should be at the camp between Ogrimmar and the Barrens (Crossroads). There is a little Horde camp there that I like. It's the first place you run into west of Oggrimar. Grind on these two mobs until you hit about 14/15.

3. (2nd Day) 14/15 => 18 - NW Barrens - About this time you are probably finding you can start doing some quests at lvl 15. Fine, but keep moving thru each mob until you hit your quest mob area. They have you kill the female lions and male lions and all sorts of stuff ie Centaurs. If you are grinding more like I suggest, move yourself on the road NW of the Barrens. The plainstriders and Zhevras go up in level, which is nice, because they have a tendancy to drop gear and cloth/cotten as well as sticking to "your" level.

4. 17/18 => 20 Ok, stay away from the Centaurs and such as they tend to gang up on you. Stick with north area of crossroads, you almost get close to going into Ashenvale, but "keep west" of that. Ok, this was my sweet spot. I loved this area because there is a hidden vendor back here. If you can't find him, he is in the very NORTH WEST spot of the Barrens. North of the Harpies area and West of the Road leading into Ashenvale. You're going to notice Girafe's, Lions, Aggro-Plainstriders. Ya, its getting a bit tougher, but, the good news is that the mobs are compact here. Compact mobs = High output of kills, ie. More XP, more chances for items. Also you should see a shop close by, even better, means you can farm 10 seconds away from a shop. PICK UP EVERYTHING and sell it, this is good, because if you don't have alot of bags or the bags are 6/8 slot bags, it keeps you free from having to STOP and go back to town. Any green items save for the AH, when you are overloaded by the green hearthstone back and travel to Ogrimmar and AH your stuff. Do this until you are 21/22 or until you are bored. LOL

5. 21/22 => 24/25 Ok, now, if you put off doing the quests in the Barrens, great news, you can pretty much burn threw a good portion of them and bang out alot of XP from doing the quests. Knock these quests out now, alot of the mobs are still close to your level to give you XP and items. Centaur quests will eventually give you a nice ring (prob your first), Echyake or however you pronouce it is a good quest. There are Quillaboars (Boar guys) have good quests/drops. Since you are a high level, with increasingly better stuff or money situation they are easy to solo and you don't have to rely on a group to do them or at least only need one friend.

6. 24/25+ => 29/30 South of the Crossroads is Camp Tarujo - This was my favorite area, put off the quests there for a second. These Thunder Lizards (Big Dinosaur looking creatures) I made alot of money off of these, like 10g in 1/2 hours. One stack of gizzards should net you like 1g. Camp Taurujo is pretty close to repair and sell off things as you go. You can basically start off with the ones that are 21/22 then work your way to about 28. You can also kill the scorpians in this area for the famed "egg" quest and such. Again, I'd postpone your questing for the grinding, but if you need a break from the grind, by all means. There is a special mob Dinosaur (Lighting Lizard) here, kill him, (Onwatanka), he gives you a quick 2800xp plus he drops some of the best equipment I ever got until I hit 30+. You can kill him over and over again. Also, around this area has quests from Camp Taurjo, one of the quests gives you the ability to turn in Bloodshards, which are used for some real nice buffs, and of course quick xp. There is another Boarman type quest that the mobs drop "weapons" for quest items and also have a good tendacy to drop nice rings. This area and the Thunder Lizards were my favorite because of the high quality drops and easy XP. GL there..

7. (3rd Day) LvL 30+ (or if you haven't hit it already) - Do the instances you passed up on. By now, you are probably ahead of most people in the area. They will gladly welcome you into Cleft of Shadows Instance or Wailing Caverns. You also want to check back in the Hall of Heros area, there is a new quest that popped up that sends you into Gnomeregan, which has some excellent Leather/Mail/Cloth reward items (Tripprunner Leather pants I got from this quest lasted till I hit 57). RazorFin Downs is also good around Lvl 30 Located in Deep South of Barrens.

***Alternate Route - 25+ - IF, you have a good group/clan, start looking to Thousand Needles. There are quests in there have awesome rewards and great XP. I would only suggest these quests if you have a group. It also takes you into contested territory, which I don't suggest you start doing till much later if you are solo.

***A Quick 45k XP for 30+ - Shimmering Flats have alot of quick quests right in the same area. If you collect all the quests in that area and kill all the mobs it will take you to complete the quest, it will yield at LEAST 45k of XP. Also, you should travel South thru Shimmering Flats and discover Gadgetzan real quick and set it up as your home. Quick and easy to travel from Gadget to Ogrimmar for fast AH needs.

There is alot you miss out on doing what I illustrate here, Tarren Mill, and a bunch of other stuff. Just giving you an idea of "what" you can do by yourself (solo) without relying on others. I truely feel I was able to enjoy the game/quests after I hit 30, instead of dying alot in some instance and eventually hating them just to try to complete some quest that didn't give me anything I needed/wanted. I later after 30 starting to play catchup on the quests, and they were so easy and fast that I caught up in 1-2hours to where everybody else was in the quests.
German:

Ab level 10 kann ich nur für die Horde sprechen. Also.... "So hab ichs gemacht..." Ich zeig euch die Level 10-30.. Ausserdem habe ich ziemlich viele "vendor" waffen benutzt, weil zu der Zeit das AH einfach gesuckt hat. Ihr habt da mehr Glück. Bedenkt aber auch, dass ich level 1-14 am ersten Tag gemacht habe und 14-26 am zweiten. Das waren beides Tages Events, also wenn Du kein Hardcore Spieler bist denk nicht das du ebenfalls soweit kommst wie ich. Das Spiel hat ein Level Cap, deshalb denk mal nicht das du das alles an einen Tag schaffen könntest. Vertrau mir einfach, Du hast Zeit zum aufholen.

Ich hab erstmal ziemlich viele Quests am Anfang ausgelassen, da ich denke das die anfangs Quests nur Füller für die Leute sind die "Nur Questen wollen". Die Rewards von den Quests kann man ausserhalb der Quests auch kriegen, und sogar bessere..

Quests sind toll für stetige XP, aber die Rennerei dauert zu lange und kann deshalb durch Farmen aufgeholt werden. Vertraut mir, es gibt ab level 30 genug Quests für euch. Solltet ihr aber unbedingt ein Item aus der Quest haben (Stylegründe oder was auch immer) sollt ihr sie trotzdem machen, habt Spass. Ausserdem an die Instanz Leute: Ich weiß ihr könntet heulen, dass ich die Instanzen in OG und so geskippt habe, aber sie lohnen bis 20 einfach nicht, da die XP auch hier nicht der Renner ist.

Jetzt geht's aber los:

(Ich spielte alles als Troll Hunter)

1. (Erster Tag): Erreiche das Brachland - Ich sag das, weil die Quests dort Simpel sind und überhaupt die besten sind (Du kannst sie einfach ein level nach dem anderen abholzen weil du nicht viel laufen musst...)
zB bei den Untoten Areal waren die Quests gut, aber die Ziele halt überall auf der Karte verteilt.

2. (Erster Tag): Entdecke XR - Geh ins Gasthaus und mach es zu deinem Zuhause, denn Du wirst hier ne Zeit lang abhängen. Nimm ausserdem alle Quests an und beginne die Zhevra's, Raptoren und Ebenenstreiter zu killen. Bis Du gutes Equip hast, bleib bei deinem Level. Ich starte mit dem Grinden dann bei der Brücke zwischen Durotar und Brachland und bewegte mich Richtung Süd-West. Bleib unbedingt weg von den Skorpiden und so ziemlich allem was einen Gifteffekt hat der dich schwächt.

****TIPP****** Bleib am besten in einem Areal, welches von Nicht-Roten Mobs besiedelt ist, Du weißt ja Rot = Böse und achte darauf das dieses Areal Nub Freundlich ist (Das sollte auch in dem Camp zwischen Orgri und Crossroads sein). Dort ist so ein kleines Horden Camp das ich sehr mag. Es ist der erste Platz den du findest sobald Du westlich von Orgrimmar bist. Grinde diese beiden Mobs bis du ~ level 14/15 bist.

3. (Zweiter Tag): Ziel ist diesmal Level 18 - Nordwestlich des Brachlandes - Zu dieser Zeit denke ich kannst du anfangen ein paar Quests für level 15 zu machen. Gut, aber bleib in bewegung bis du in der Quest Area bist für die jeweilige Quest. Du kannst dort die Weiblichen/Männlichen Löwen und die Zentauren killen. Wenn Du mehr grinden willst, geh zur Straße Nord Westlich des Brachlands und kill dort weiter die Ebenenschreiter und Zhevras, da diese mit deinem Level gehen, was gut ist da sie auch recht ordentlich Droppen..

4. 17/18 -> 20 Ok, bleib erstmal weg von allen mobs die dich töten könnten. Bleib weit Nördlich, fast schon im Eschenwalt, aber dann Westlich. Ich mag den Spot, da dort ein versteckter Vendor ist. Dieser ist ganz NW im Brachland. Jetzt werden die Mobs aber Rot, ja es wird schwerer (:P) aber das ist nicht schlimm da du sie langsam schneller tötest, was zB heißt mehr XP und mehr Loot. Nimm bei jedem Mob alles mit und verkaufs bei dem geheimen Vendor. Mach das bis du 21/22 und gelangweilt bist hehe ^^

Der Rest kommt morgen! Das ist alles was man aus den Guide hier bekommt, keine genauen Spot angaben.
Old 07/18/2007, 08:26   #9

elite*gold: 70
The Black Market: 376/0/0
Received Thanks: 12,384
oO einfach normal durchquesten von 1-30 ist im normalfall (ohne pvp) etwa 2 tage played.. oO
Old 07/19/2007, 02:32   #10

Seh ich auch so Joanas Guide geht viel besser zumal Joana auch Mobs mitnimmt auf den Wegen zu den Questmobs.. und scheiss auf Vendors wenn ich schnell lvln will werf ich graues Zeug aus meinen Taschen um Platz für Questitems zu haben Cash macht man auf lvl 70 bis dahin reichts easy mit dem Geld was man für die Quests bekommt für en Mount auf lvl 40 (einfach nie ins AH schauen)
Old 07/19/2007, 19:39   #11

Hab nach Joanas Guide gelelvlt und war beim ersten mal nach 3 Tagen lvl 35, also einfach Joanas Guide nehmen, da ist man auf keinen Fall langsamer, warsch. sogar noch schneller
Old 07/20/2007, 03:55   #12

elite*gold: 70
The Black Market: 376/0/0
Received Thanks: 12,384
dazu braucht man echt keine guide... wenn man die quests kennt dann geht das auch von alleine :/
Old 07/24/2007, 03:03   #13

Aber mit Guide gehts noch bischen besser..