Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 11:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

2v2 Rogue/Warlock Strategies From top 5 rog in the world

Discussion on 2v2 Rogue/Warlock Strategies From top 5 rog in the world within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
2v2 Rogue/Warlock Strategies From top 5 rog in the world

Hi, after being asked constantly by other players of what strategies we use versus certain comps, I figured I'd make a fast simple guide to help others that may want to try this comp out.

The best thing about this comp is games never last longer than 5 minutes, so its fast games and lots of fun. Since I play the rogue I'll be speaking from the rogues perspective.

We currently have a 85% win percentage this season last season we just started the comp and ended at a 70% win/loss. This season made the comp a lot stronger minus the blind/fear nerf which really didn't effect us at all.

Glyphs : Tricks of the trade, Muitilate, Vigor.

Common questions------

What warlock pet should my warlock use? We start with voidwalker for the protection against instant gibs and more importantly so I can find rogues before they open. If the team doesn't have a rogue we usually hard summon a felhunter out. We don't use succy but for the newer teams just starting it maybe more beneficial to use a succy until you guys get your synergy down.

What spec are you? (Rogue) I play muitilate w/ serrated blades ( i'll link spec later)

Comp startiges---------

The most common trouble people have with this comp is against DK's. So i'll quickly explain what we do against DK teams. Basic Prep when gates open is tricks on warlock, and blow sprint to get quick saps/ opens off. Your main job against dk's is to keep the dk off your warlock.

DK/Druid - Warlock runs behind LOS plants teleport portal. Rogue rushes out uses distract to avoid DnD, Sap Dk if possible ( if he pops licheborn or gets in combat via pet, open with cheapshot.) In the cheapshot its important for the warlock to get out his burst to pressure the druid to use CDS early, usually if your burst is cordinated and high you can kill the dk.

Possible out comes after cheapshot: If dk trinekts cheapshot and pops IBF instantly just sit on him dismantle if he turns to you(rogue), or if he's in range of warlock. Kidney him soon as it ends and tricks lock should be a kill right there. The strat I like using most against this comp is for the warlock to use a felhunter spelllock on the dk as he rushs in, not allowing him to use any defensive cooldowns. Thus, Opening with cheapshot(prepare to kidney if he trinkets cheapshot if your fast enough you can kidney b4 he pops IBF.) Most dk's never trinket cheapshot and if your burst is highenough right after the cheapshot vanish and garrote (he now is silenced again for 3 seconds, plenty of time to finish him.) The dk almost always dies with this strat. If dk for whatever reason lives through your initial burst, blind dk/ make a quick switch to druid espically if he has no hots.

DK/ priest - Don't see many of these but there are a few. A lot easier than druid, sap dk or priest whoever over extends, have warlock casting on the sapped target, open right after casts land stun lock rotation and get the kill w/ a blind on the other person + fear or lock stun after the trinket.

DK / pally - Can be tough because of bubble. If lock catches a heal it should be over. Sap pally if he doesn't use sac, if he does sap dk. Open hard on dk with a spell lock after the cheapshot or garotte to keep him form using defensive cooldowns, with cc's on pally. Rogue really has to control dk well so he can't prevent your warlock from casting.

Mage/rogue - This comp really is a great counter comp. I find what works best is to sap mage, ofc if you can find rogue sap him and start on mage. Look for the rogue until the sap DR is gone, then open quickly on mage with a cheapshot, muitilate, vanish/sprint. Get out of range of his aoes. At this time the mage should be half health and start playing defensively looking to eat drink. Have warlock keep pressure on him, forcing the other rogue to open or the mage dies. Once he opens cheapshot, rupture, evasion, prep vanish. Get distance and soon as the rupture is about to end jump back on rogue while warlock cc's mage/ or blind mage and finish the rogue. We have about a 50% agaisnt this comp, its really tough.

Ret/druid - This comp is really easy if you have the burst, often the druid comes out to prehot. Sap ret, open hard on druid, ret will trinket, blind him, he bubbles vanish and get away, warlock teleports. about 90% of the time they let you reset becuz they have to recover, now go back out and sap ret if he's in a good open spot throw huge burst on him and hes dead. If he's not open on druid and he dies.

...More to come ( If you want speicfic advice on a certain comp or have any other questions feel free to ask. I have to go right now but i'll finish it later.)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2009, 02:34   #2

haha .... not realy a good guide
Old 08/14/2009, 03:24   #3

elite*gold: 26
Received Thanks: 12,142
bei Schurke+Wl gehts eigentlich nur um CC, Hexer macht Dots aufs Main-Target, feart den 2. dann schurke mit Blenden+Kopfnuss dann wieder fear etc.

Alternativ (bei 2xDD) blendet der Schurke einen DD und Hexer feart sobal derjenige Insignie nimmt, Schurke verpasst kurz vor ablauf ne Kopfnuss (6 Sek um out of combat zu kommen) und schon ists n Win - natürlich muss man auf die gegnerischen CC's achten

€dit: Diese Taktik fruchtet meist nur auf 1600-1800, ab 2k+ werden Chain-CC's meist gekontert
Old 08/15/2009, 02:39   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazaaa View Post
bei Schurke+Wl gehts eigentlich nur um CC, Hexer macht Dots aufs Main-Target, feart den 2. dann schurke mit Blenden+Kopfnuss dann wieder fear etc.

Alternativ (bei 2xDD) blendet der Schurke einen DD und Hexer feart sobal derjenige Insignie nimmt, Schurke verpasst kurz vor ablauf ne Kopfnuss (6 Sek um out of combat zu kommen) und schon ists n Win - natürlich muss man auf die gegnerischen CC's achten

€dit: Diese Taktik fruchtet meist nur auf 1600-1800, ab 2k+ werden Chain-CC's meist gekontert
Bullshit

Lock/Rogue ist ein Stellungssetup, offen Fighten nicht um die Säulen Kiten lassen

Warum sollte ein Destro Doten? oO Ziemlich heftig verschwendeter GCD.

BTW wird nicht gefeared sondern Seduced.

Der Guide erklärt eigentlich nur die Feinheiten.
Old 08/15/2009, 10:11   #5

elite*gold: 26
Received Thanks: 12,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid1990 View Post
Bullshit

Lock/Rogue ist ein Stellungssetup, offen Fighten nicht um die Säulen Kiten lassen

Warum sollte ein Destro Doten? oO Ziemlich heftig verschwendeter GCD.

BTW wird nicht gefeared sondern Seduced.

Der Guide erklärt eigentlich nur die Feinheiten.
Habe ich geschrieben das es sich um nen Destrolock handelt ?
Old 08/15/2009, 13:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazaaa View Post
Habe ich geschrieben das es sich um nen Destrolock handelt ?
Man spielt kein Affi/Rogue mehr.
Old 09/14/2009, 04:50   #7

I thought it was a good guide, I learned a few tricks. Thanks for the post.