Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 12:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Starting Guide for Farmer John Bot

Discussion on Starting Guide for Farmer John Bot within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Starting Guide for Farmer John Bot

Farmer John Bot Quickstarter Guide

The Bot and his Features:
Farmer John Bot is a CLI-Application for automated Leveling, PvP, Farming, Gathering and Honor Leeching for World of Warcraft. Short, a Bot
It´s subdivided in different Modes like Kill on Sight, Find nearest Camp and more. I will explain them later on this Tutorial

Before starting the Bot:
Download these Add-ons because they´re very helpful for Botting with FJB
GiveMeHealth - handles food/water management
AutoProfitX - automatically sell all grey items when you talk to a vendor
Add-ons can be downloaded from Curse.com for examle

There are some other Things you have to change before running FJB:
Unbind your arrow keys
Change camera zoom in/out from '+' and '-' to something else, I use '/' and '*'
Target a Unit before starting
Put your food on the hotbar at key “8” and water on the hotbar at key “9”, mount on 0 and health potion on “7”

Security:
For security measures there are some things you have to do:
Rename timmy.exe to something else
Use 'caption' to change the window title (Open console, write caption WinRar for example)
Run WoW as Guest account.
Enable Guest Account
1. Open your Start Menu, and select Control Panel
2. Select User Accounts
3. Select Change Accounts
4. Select Guest
5. Select Turn on Guest account

Make a new text document and call it "run.bat". It only needs 1 line (change the path to whatever your WoW install is):
runas /u:guest "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe"
Use this to start WoW as Guest. You will probably have to hit enter to get it to run, but leave the password blank.

The first start:
Now we´re ready to start the Bot..
First open you´re renamed Timmy.exe and then run the created .bat File
On the first look to the Bot-Window you will see, it will recognize the Start of WoW and then Asks you for the standard Password. You can leave it blank, but then the Auto-ReLog and Login feature won´t work. After that at the Character-Selection-Screen you can create a new one or start with an existing one. FJB also recognize unknown characters and will ask you at the first start what character it is (Race,Class,Fraction). After you typed in some numbers and FJB recognized your class we´re finally are ready to start with the modes

The Modes:

Sleep Mode:
The first Mode when he does nothing
Auto-Fish-Mode:
Equip your Pole and go nearby a lake and press F5
Assist Mode:
This mode is to assist someone in group. Heal or Attack…
You can change who you´re assisting with F4 button
Kill on Sight:
This mode is for farming REP, Items and so on...
You target a Mob you know it will give you Reputation or needed Items and start the Mode (F5). Then the Bot will run a Loop (Kill Mobs within 120 yards, Go repairing , Kill Mobs within 120 yards…)
Leech Mode:
This mode is for Leeching Experience, started and selected an Player it will follow him all the way
PvP Mode:
The PvP Mode, the most interesting I think, auto queue for any BG you select at starting it in the Bot and then will join active Battle. It fights for you walk to Flag and so on. Very Nice!
Find nearest Camp:
The leveling mode…
You start it and he begins to search for near Leveling camps with mobs in your leveling area. You go to the concerning area, like the Racial Starting area, press F5 and then he starts killing Mobs. When you have reached the level for next are he will walk to it automatically. You only have to go to the areas written in the level guideline…

Level Guideline:

Horde
1-12 Racial Starting Area
12-24 Barrens
24-31 hillsbrad
31-38 arathi
38-41 dustwallow marsh
41-45 feralas
45-52 hinterlands
52-58 western plaguelands
58-60 Hellfire Penninsula
61-65 Zangarmarsh

Alliance
1-10 Racial Starting Area
10-21 Loch Modan
21-24 Wetlands
24-31 hillsbrad
31-38 arathi

Other things to know:

Botting Best Practices:

-Pick off-peak times to use to avoid being seen and reported by a player. This bot has yet to be detected by
Blizzard but a player could report you. Also you may want to check it periodically for people sending you
messages (like group invites) and only run it for a few hours at a time.
-Stock up on food and water before leaving town, 100 of each should last for awhile.
-Buy the biggest bags you can afford. The more loot you can carry the more money you can make.
-Switch between characters to allow them to build up rested xp.
-When you check on the bot, whisper people/make conversation in the general chat channel to avoid suspicion

Hotkeys:
F1 - Hide Objects
F2 - Save Position, make sure you save before you float around
F3 - Recall Position, to put you back so server doesnt kick you
f8 - change mode
f5 - enable/disable
+ - increase altitude
- - lower altitude

Console Commands:
To open the console hit '`' (the tilde key) on European keyboard press F7
listwp
lists all waypoints for zone
listwp
keyword being 'town' or 'npc' or 'camp', filters results
go
searches for keyword in waypoint descriptions and sets that as target waypoint, hit f5 to start running
repair
runs to nearest town, then to nearest repair npc and repairs
train
runs to nearest town, then to nearest class trainer and trains
town
runs to nearest town
logout
runs to nearest town, then to the inn and logs out
getdistancetarget
displays distance to current target
stats
display kill/loot/skin/death/disconnect statistics
resetstats
reset the stat counters
exit
changes the wow window title back to World of Warcraft and exits the bot
combatloot
toggles looting during combat on or off, disabling increases chance of survival when fighting multiple mobs. Useful for non-healing classes.
noloot
toggles disable looting altogether
hacks
toggles teleport hack on or off
caption
renames the window as an added security feature
bgfish
toggles injection based (background) fishing
handicap
makes you fight mobs levels lower than you
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/12/2008, 00:07   #2

Can anyone check?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/20/2011, 03:42   #3

Illy Coffee, and coffee prices .

Hi everybody,

I am new on and I am sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I have this issue I need help with !
I am a caffeine addict , and a friend of mine suggested about Illy espresso.He claims that its the best espresso he ever had and that I must try it!

The thing is, I searched the web, and on one site, at I found there are many different Coffee brands!
Do you know if I can I buy at a shop without any issues about the quality of the product?

Thanks people!
Old 01/20/2011, 07:29   #4

@ erepgrexoca there is an area called "Main" where you can talk about nearly everything.
BTT: Does the bot work for older versions of WoW? Is there an option for custom profiles? And what about gathering?