Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 12:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

~AV Premades~ How to start, How to win [Horde]

Discussion on ~AV Premades~ How to start, How to win [Horde] within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
~AV Premades~ How to start, How to win [Horde]

((I posted this on a couple websites, so if you see it somewhere else, it (should) be posted by 'OblivionMage'))

I am writing this guide due to the general idiocy that people show towards Alterac Valley. I mean, most PuG games these days are won because one team or the other is more stupid. A horde team with nobody (or everybody) on defense, an alliance one that loses SPGY within 4 minutes, etc... PuG AV's are a luck of the draw game that you cannot really affect. Your team will either win or lose, the game may be quick or long, and you can’t do much to change this.

Now, premade AV's are a different thing altogether;
Just because its a premade with 15-35 people you know / from your server doesn't mean that the game will be an easy win. You cannot just say "Go out and pleh lol", but rather you have to assign groups tasks and have a dynamic strategy.

Table of Contents:
Introduction
Abbreviations
Required Addons

Getting your Premade together (To be written)
Short Guide
Long Guide

PuG Guide (To be written)
AV Rules (To be written)
Ending Notes (To be written)

Introduction:
Why?
Why run Alterac Valley Premades? There are a lot of reasons, but mostly because it is almost undeniably the most effective way to grind honor. With a good setup and a lot of people, you can get 400-500 honor in 8-15 minutes, and with 5 minutes in-between (For , you can get a minimum of 1500 honor an hour, and as much as 2100ish.

Note:
This strategy is anti-PuG, it is not meant for Premade VS Premade. It is designed to yield as much honor as possible in the shortest amount of time.
This guide does not mention Mines at all. Mines are for Turtle PuG's, nothing else.

Abbreviations
(If you are level 70 and don't know these...wow...but here they are anyways);
(Note again that this whole guide is HORDE oriented so some unimportant Horde)

RF - Relief Hut (HORDE graveyard)
AS - Aid Station (ALLIANCE graveyard)
SHGY - Stoneheard Graveyard (ALLIANCE graveyard)
FWGY - Frostwolf Graveyard (HORDE graveyard)
South - South Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)
North - North Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)
IBGY - Iceblood Graveyard (HORDE graveyard)
IW Bunker - Icewing Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)
SHGY - Stoneheard Graveyard ( ALLIANCE graveyard)
SH Bunker - Stoneheard Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)

Required Addons;
Preform AV Enabler - This is critical in joining the AV together. There is no excuse for a member not having this.
Curse link:

Getting your group together
To be written. (Its not very difficult, just set one up with your guildies and explain to them the plan).

Short Guide
Note that this can always change, and should not affect anything but the starting rush;
15 - Rush AS
5 - Defend RF
5 - IBGY choke
7 - Attack BAL
2 - Take SH Bunker

For some of you this might be enough to do the strategy, but here is the [very] longwinded version:

Long Guide
Here is a map that I made for AV:

((“n0()b LOL SFGY is NEUTRAL l2p leechhr!”, I put SFGY as Alliance because no Horde player should *ever* (Not necessarily but for this guides purpose) even think of capturing it.))

Group Organization / Composition:

Premade has 10 – 20 players
  • -All to AS (Use only Alpha group)
  • -The PuG people should take BAL (While screaming at you that you need 30+ people to kill ‘Balinda’)
Premade has 20 – 35 players
  • -15 to AS (Alpha)
  • -5-10 Defense (Cyclone + Delta)
  • -0/8 BAL (Beta)

-Each group should have a paladin (If possible) for mount speed

Alpha (AS rushers)
  • -As many healers as possible
  • -Rogues + Heavy DPS
  • -Lots of Warriors (Seem to work well with their survivability / DPS)
  • -Your best PvP geared people should be in this group

Beta (BAL PvE)
  • -2 -3 healers
  • -2 tanks
  • -Your best PvE geared people (They will have to kill BAL quite quickly with only a few people)

Cyclone (IB Defense)
  • -Anyone can do this

Delta (Base / RF defense)
  • -Hunters / Locks / Mages / AoE seem to be good at Defense, but anyone can do it

Echo (Everything else)
  • -Anyone else

((“n00b wtf wid geh group namz u suk op”, its my guide I can write whatever I want. And the NATO names (Altered for WoW XD) are functional and easy to understand))

Group Tasks;
Alpha

Step 1: Leave cave as fast as you possibly can, run along the route shown (Your goal is to get to AS as fast as possible).

Step 2: When you pass IW Bunker you should all head off the path and go under the bridge to SPGY.

Step 3: When you get to SPGY, the first few people should rush right across the bridge without stopping. About 3 of the 15 should stay at SPGY to cap it and defend it.

Step 4: Go over the bridge immediately and run right to Aid Station. DO NOT dismount until you are on top of Aid Station. Hunters / Clothies should go a little bit past AS so as to be completely out of the way of the tower bowmen.

Step 5: Now you should have capped AS and SP, you should have some people go into North and South bunkers, and make sure that BAL is dead and you have all of the Alliance towers. The Allies should have captured IBGY at this point, but not FWGY.

Step 6: Attack Van when you are ready to end the battle (It’s a good idea to wait until the bunkers cap for extra honor).

Beta

Step 1: Get to BAL as soon as possible.

Step 2: Set up a main tank and an offtank, with healers for each of them. Then have the main tank pull her and DPS her down.

Step 3: Make sure IW Bunker is taken, as well as SHGY and SH Bunker, then join Offense.

Cyclone

Step 1: Move to IBGY

Step 2: Harass the Alliance but DON”T wipe them at Galv

Step 3: Hold them off at your Towers / IBGY as much as you can

Step 4: Move back and defend as the Alliance push

Delta

Step 1: Run right to RF.

Step 2: Defend RF when the Alliance attacks.

Step 3: Call incomings and tell some people to trinket in if you need to.

Step 4: DO NOT let the alliance capture the graveyard or the towers.

Echo

Step 1: Make sure SHGY and SH Bunker are taken and held.

Step 2: Do whatever your team needs

PuG Guide:
To be written.

AV Rules:
As for the rules of Alterac Valley, I will explain some basics below but seriously, wowwiki.com

End Notes:
To be written.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 07/24/2008, 21:43   #2

Nobody wants to comment on my original guide?

I'm sorry there is no German, if anyone really wants to translate it they can.
Old 07/25/2008, 12:49   #3

pretty good guide, thanks for your violent effort
Old 07/25/2008, 13:53   #4

nice guide, but meanwhile common sense.
Old 07/26/2008, 20:39   #5

You should post that in the wow-forums too :-P
Old 07/27/2008, 22:42   #6

Quote:
You should post that in the wow-forums too :-P
I'm scared to, lol. So many trolls these days.

Quote:
nice guide, but meanwhile common sense.
I thought that too, until I tried PUG AV Premades on my server.. *shudder*

Quote:
pretty good guide, thanks for your violent effort
yeah my violent effort... ?
Old 07/28/2008, 07:58   #7

well, well... but on my stupid realmpool there's no premades much-needed xD
Old 07/28/2008, 12:31   #8

Received Thanks: 1,581