Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 22:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Warlock only] Enslaving an inferno forever

Discussion on [Warlock only] Enslaving an inferno forever within the WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,757
So rumors of a certain bug involving Jadefire Tricksters in Felwood and permanent enslavement abound.

I decided to check it out myself. A lot of people are trying to keep this on the downlow, which I think is stupid. It's an obvious bug, and needs fixing.

Anyways, here's the skinny, and I'll tell you why I am posting this:

Basically, I've been able to repeatedly keep a permanent Infernal by summoning it, and sending it to attack a Jadefire Trickster. The Trickster will focus attention on your pet, but occasionally will cast Curse of Tongues or Cause Insanity (mind control) on you.

Once you've been tagged with Cause Insanity, your Enslavement debuff will wear off your pet, and the pet will be permanent.

Wah wah, shhhh, don't tell anyone, whatever. The reason I report this bug is bigger than just having a permanently enslaved pet.

I took a wind rider with the Infernal.

Literally.

As soon as I began flying, the pet bar did not disappear, nor did the pet health bar...they just greyed out as if I were mounted. When I arrived at my destination (Marshal's Refuge) the Infernal popped up a second later, ready to rumble. Then I flew to Ratchet. Same thing. This wasn't some fluke either, I can reproduce it any time I want.

Anyways, the whole reason I bring this up is because it can obviously be done, so why can't we have our regular pets follow on the Wind Rider?

Blizzard, refunding a shard for taking the Wind Rider is a step in the right direction, but when all is said and done, we STILL have to re-cast the pet and regen the mana when we land, a process that takes much longer than replacing the shard.

I also play a 60 Hunter. When I get off the Wind Rider, I whistle, and a second later my pet appears, ready for action.

So again, my question. Why can't warlock pets follow on the Wind Rider?

And while I'm at it, why on earth does Demon Armor cost 3x as much as other self-buffs? What does that extra cost balance against a spell like, for instance, Frost Armor?

And finally, please fix the Enslavement bug.

**Edit: I made a video, it can be downloaded here:

OK, now that more information has come to light, I'm gonna add a quick step-by-step process here:

1. Enslave an NPC demon or summon an Infernal/Doomguard.

2. Attack a Jadefire Trickster, until you get mind controlled (Cause Insanity) and you're forced to attack your own pet. Alternatively you can duel a priest, have them Mind Control you, and make you attack your own enslaved pet. I don't know if it's the act of attacking your own pet while you're Mind Controlled that causes this, but it's been the case every time I've done it.

3. Wait ~4 more minutes for Enslavement debuff to fall off.

4. If you want to forsake your new enslaved pet's own abilities, you can log out, making sure your new perma-enslaved pet is on Defensive, and you're in a safe place where he won't get attacked or pick up aggro. If the pet is set to Passive, your perma-pet won't do anything after you log back in. This works great with an Infernal, since Blizzard didn't see fit give them any abilities.

5. Log back in, and you can summon/enslave a new pet.

6. Take a Wind Rider, and your enslaved pet will come with you. Often (haven't confirmed always) you will instantly warp to your first destination. On subsequent flights, your demon seems to run invisibly below the Wind Rider (even causing aggro) until you arrive at your destination, where it will stroll up to meet you, ready for more action.

Also: Quote:
The gist of it is that if you're mind controlled by *anything* at the moment when enslavement of a demon (or infernal) would normally end, supposedly it is yours until you zone.
Old 08/15/2006, 15:50   #2

elite*gold: 0
gleich mal ausprobieren !!
Hoffentlich geht der noch
Old 08/15/2006, 16:55   #3

elite*gold: 20
könnte das eventuell jemand bitte stichpunktartig auf deutsch formulieren wie ich das machen muss? bekomme das irgendwie nicht so wirklich hin^^
Old 08/15/2006, 17:00   #4

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,757
wurde schon auf dem offiziellen gepostet, nur nebenbei angemerkt
Old 08/15/2006, 17:07   #5

also gefixed ?
Old 08/15/2006, 17:07   #6

habs mit dem schwindlern probiert ! die casten aber kein mc

Edit: doch er tut es , das PEt muss aggro haben
Old 08/15/2006, 17:19   #7

WORKS !!!!!

Einfach das versklavte pet auf den schwindler schicken
alle spezials ausschalten damit der kampf länger dauert !!
Nach ner weiler caster der schwindler MC auf einen und man greif sein eigenes pet an...
Danach kann man den buff der versklavung auslaufen lassen und TADAAaA man hat ein neues PET

ein netter neben effeckt ist das manche windreiterflugstrecken instant sind ^^
Old 08/15/2006, 17:33   #8

kann man auch mehrere pets auf einma dann mitnehmen?
Old 08/15/2006, 17:42   #9

Wo gibts eigentlich LVL 60 elite Deamonen die man versklaven kann .... ausserhalb von instanzen
Old 08/15/2006, 17:44   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by bongrauch@Aug 15 2006, 17:42
Wo gibts eigentlich LVL 60 elite Deamonen die man versklaven kann .... ausserhalb von instanzen
in winterspring und beim dunklem portal, allerdings sind die immun gegen versklavung, also gibts nirgends welche
Old 08/15/2006, 19:58   #11

Infernal beschwören.
Infernal auf defensiv haben (wichtig).
Priester zum Duell fordern.
Priester nimmt Duell an.
Priester macht Gedankenkontrolle auf Hexer und lässt den Hexer den Infernal SCHLAGEN, bis dieser zurückschlägt.
Danach löst der Priester die Gedankenkontrolle und läuft ausser Reichweite des Duells (evtl. noch anschliessend den Hexer heilen).
Sobald die Ketten weggehen, ist die Versklavung permanent.
Nun kann der Hexer aus- und wieder einloggen und einen zweiten Dämon (Bsp. Felhunter) beschwören.
Der Infernal hört auf die Kommandos des aktiven Dämons (Ziel angreifen, etc.)
Flug mit Greif ist möglich, Verzögerung, bis der Infernal eintrifft, sind einige Sekunden.
Kontinentwechsel macht der Infernal nicht mit.
Vor Instanzen bleibt er stehen, das gleiche beim ausloggen (Achtung: Er ist dann angreifbar).

Tipp: Viel mehr Spaß macht es natürlich mit einer Doomguard.
Einfach CoD auf ein paar Ratten und der Erfolg lässt nicht lange auf sich warten. Dann muss das mit dem Duell aber zack-zack gehen, da die Doomguard bekanntlich gern ausbricht.

Funktioniert nicht mehr auf den Testservern, wird also gefixt. Trotzdem viel Spaß noch.
Old 08/16/2006, 04:57   #12

elite*gold: 20
total geil, was ein spass

thx!
Old 08/16/2006, 07:45   #13

Ooh, nice, this would help locks grinding certain stuff non stop, i hope they havent fixed this on todays patch...

Thanks
Old 08/16/2006, 09:58   #14

Shouldn't there be a VIP forum for this stuff.. I've already seen about 5 people doing it today.. posting it in the public forum gets it banned. fast.
Old 08/16/2006, 10:16   #15

its already fixed in 1.12 that´s why its postet in the public forum