Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 05:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some places that monsters can not path to

Discussion on Some places that monsters can not path to within the WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,757
I have noticed, if you can get to a place that is (usually) VERY hard to get to, monsters can not usually path to where you are. Go ahead and read the following paragraphs. Hopefully they won't hurt your eyes, and hopefully the forum police won't show up.

Lets suppose a fountain has three steps: The first step, you can easily jump onto. The second step is VERY hard to jump onto; you have to find a 'hole' in the fountain to jump up here. The third step is where the statue on the fountain is. I have noticed if you stand on the third step of the fountain and then attack a monster, the monster will try to attack you but will not be able to path to you. This means you can use a ranged attack to aggro it (and level your ranged weapon skills) while keeping it from attacking you. I like using a warlock with an imp to do this, since I can be on top of the fountain, order my imp to aggro a monster, and then when the monster would get close enough, I would use my wand or another attack. The downside to this exploit is the monster goes into evade mode and all attacks done to it will not hurt it. However, I think if you 'over aggro' it, it will teleport to where you are and start to attack you. If you want to see a picture of the third step on the fountain, I might post one later if someone asks to see it. Believe it or not, it is possible but VERY hard to get up onto the third step. (Please note: you might get into trouble for getting up onto the third step on the fountain and you might get into trouble for aggroing a monster while keeping it from pathing to you.)

There are other places to exploit this too. If you see a tent, and it has some wooden spokes in it, if you run into the tent monsters will not attack you for up to three minutes. This is not a good place to level your ranged skills, because if you attempt to do so, the monsters will eventually teleport into the tent and pwn you. So, with that said, you would think this exploit is somewhat useless, wouldn't you? Wrong. Before "the stolen tomes" quest () was slightly nerfed, I would get 480 exp from completing it- that is enough exp to make a level one noob into a level two noob. I think you can only exploit this quest in northshire (the human starting zone). Don't be surprised if you can not find the tome since it is VERY small. What I would do is run into the tent, find the book with my cursor, got close enough to get the tome, I would get the tome, and then run like mad pink bunnies were after me. I would like to thank SSTaylor783 on thotbott for posting this exploit. The trick to do this exploit is knowning when the monsters are going to path to you. If each monster starts emoting more than once every 2-5 seconds, then there is a 75+ percent chance they are about to path to you and start to attack you.
[Off topic] Oh ya, one other thing about this exploit. This exploit kind of combines a few other exploits into one big exploit; you are interacting with an object you can not normally see. For example, if you are outside of an inn and you get close enough to a chair, you can right click on the chair and you will end up inside the inn sitting in the chair. However, this only works if no one is sitting in the chair.[/off topic]