Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[2.4] Editing item link/stats

Discussion on [2.4] Editing item link/stats within the WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[2.4] Editing item link/stats

Editing item links in 2.4

Well if you haven't noticed yet, when you link an item from an item link it reverts it back to english(if it was in a different language) and with all item enchants/gems removed. There is still a way to link items with edited stats and in a different language.

So using the
/script SendChatMessage("4cffff80004Hitem:13262:478:1198:9 82:0:0:0:04h[Ashbringer]4h4r");
and editing the numbers there and pasting it into chat will no longer work because when you link it again to post it into chat all the item enchants/language and anything else otherwise not on there by default will be wiped clean.

What you have to do is go to your macros folder which by default will be at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\macros-cache.txt

You can make a macro in 2 ways. One is you can go in game and create a blank macro then log out and go to the text file and your macro should be there. It will look something like this

MACRO ""
END

For linking items in macros the syntax is identical to the SendChatMessage one except that you use | (instead of \

But now you have to log out then edit the text file, save it, then log back in to link it.

Just a note. Virtually everything below this is a repost, just reworded, because i just found it a few min ago.

I'll use my favorite one.

|cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r

The first section is the color of the link

# Poor = 9d9d9d
# Common = ffffff
# Uncommon = 1eff00
# Rare = 0070dd
# Epic = a335ee
# Legendary = ff8000
# Artifact = e6cc80

|cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r

The second section is the item is split up into 2 parts, the item number and the enchants on the item

The item number:
that can be found by going to wowhead and searching for any item and the item number will be in the address bar at the end "http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21176"

After the item number the first number will turn into green text as like an enchant on the item, the following 3 will be red text like stats/gems, and the 5th block will also be in green text like an enchant.

You can find the enchant IDs at

The 6th block is the random suffix ID but i have not been able to make it work or change anything as far as i can tell
And the final blcok in section 2 is the Unique ID which does absolutely nothing that i have noticed.

The next block is the item name. This will have to be exactly correct in order for you to link it through the macro.

You can find the Spanish, German, and French item names at wowarmory.com and searching for an item then going down to where the language is and clicking a different language and the title will be in that language, just coppy and paste into the brackets.

and after you have: |cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r in your macro you will need a way to announce it to people. But that part you can do in game as well.
Just add something like /r, /y, /2, /s in front of it so that it will announce it in chat. The item enchants will still be on it because you are not re-linking it

My final one looks like this. It will link the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal item into trade chat in German with Sunfire and Soulfrost on a mount.

MACRO 29 "German Qiraji" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
/2 |cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r
END

I would have posted this the day 2.4 came out but i needed 5 posts and i didnt want to post with random crap to get them.
Old 04/06/2008, 15:06   #2

elite*gold: 10
old

already posted some months ago