Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 06:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions From A Noob Rogue...

Discussion on Questions From A Noob Rogue... within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
If yall can help me a bit it would be greatly appreciated...

Okay... So i know if you are going to do a dagger build like 30/8/13 that you would naturally wanna go duel daggers. But what about a duel sword Rogue? I seem to see more high levels toteing around duel swords rather than duel daggers. What build would you want for duel swords? I THINK its a combat build, something like 30/21/0.

I guess my base question is... I play on a PvE server, and up to this point ive never come accross any great daggers, but i have unbelievable swords so i figured id make use of them, but i dont want to be useing swords witha dagger build. Whats the best build for dueling swords? And last question... If it IS a build like 30/21/0 thats fine, but since MOD is so useful for high level instances, whats the most logical place for a sword Rogue to lose 5 points for MOD? I THOUGHT it would be Seal Fate, because i thought this was more for a dagger Rogue. Wrong again?

BTW this is a PvE server that i play on... Thanks in advance for input...
Old 03/07/2005, 14:43   #2

duel daggers is (in my opinion) the harder but most worthy way to play a rogue. its harder to get your equipment and play the rogue, but he can easily outdamage a swordrogue. as a supporttank with improved backstab from behind hes really deadly in pve too.

hm duel swords.. i dont have much experience with a swordrogue but yes i think its something like a combat build, but perhaps a yojack-build, too. i think you know this famous rogue talent build, but its more for pvping. the other things.. i never played a rogue up to the high lvl instances so i cant say anything about that sorry.
Old 03/17/2005, 14:41   #3

Please excuse me, when I must correct you here noir. A dagger rogue can never euqal the sword/mace rogue when it comes to pure damage output. A dagger rogue starts with a lot damage (through ambush) and then finishes with smaller damage. A sword rogue may not start with such a massive damage at the beginning (as he has to use cheap shot), but has a much higher output though the battle and his Evis is absolutely unreachable for any dagger rogue.

To anwer MikeXT76 questions: There are less daggers in the game. Blizz has included more swords than daggers, as more classes can/will use swords. Daggers are only needed by Rogues (maybe Hunters untill they get Dual Wield). If you go for swords, make sure you have fast swords (because of the poisons). Some cool swords are very easy to get as they are quest rewards (scarlet monestary has one ie). Your build shoul focus on Combat. You should put 21 on Assassination to get Cold Blood (it's a killer! Guaranted Crit with good swords and Evis kills everything instantly.) You also have to put 21 on Combat at least to get Blade Flurry.

Now its up to you. Put the rest (9 points) in Subtlety or also put them all to combat to get Adrenaline Rush or both. If you are lucky, you will find some nice items (like the Nightscape Boots ie) which higher your stealth class...
Old 03/18/2005, 00:57   #4

hat ja auch keiner von evis geredet.. ein dagger rogue spielt sich anders als ein sword/macer... und nur auf ambush zu gucken halte ich für unklug
Old 05/09/2005, 07:35   #5

evis ist nicht waffenabhängig....
das einzige was beim swordrogue mehr schaden macht is der sinister strike