Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > WarRock
You last visited: Today at 06:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

All who have probem whit avg for warrock

Discussion on All who have probem whit avg for warrock within the WarRock forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
All who have probem whit avg for warrock

Guys if you have AVG antivirus do what i did when i play warrock i disable resistent shield and its working fine but if you dont play it anymore activate the resistent shield back becouse if you dont and download a virus you can say : omfg my comp is lagging
Old 11/02/2010, 20:35   #2

elite*gold: 17
look here

Quote:
3.7 AVG False positive
With this recent patch (27/08/09) AVG is detecting some warrock files as a virus, which it is not, it is a false positive.
This is a guide of how to add warrock to AVG's exceptions.

1. Open up the AVG interface from either the start menu, desktop shortcut or from the avg icon in the bottom right by your clock.

2. Once in the interface go to advanced settings

3. In advanced settings go to resident shield> exceptions> add path

4. Navigate to where your copy of Warrock is installed, generally C:\Program Files\War Rock or C:\Program Files\GamersFirst\War Rock ,click on the warrock folder, then hit ok in the bottom right.

What to do if AVG picked up a warrock file scaning or before you added to exceptions
1. From the main AVG interface go to computer scanner> view virus vault

2. Right click on the warrock file, should be WRUpdaterprogram, and select restore
(For this picture I used some cookies from firefox that AVG picked up, the only difference should be the file, virus name and the infection type)