Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 03:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[ENG] Twitch settles its position on CS:GO skin gambling scene

Old   #1

elite*gold: 620
The Black Market: 10/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,246
[ENG] Twitch settles its position on CS:GO skin gambling scene

Valve has made it clear about the use of item trading services, and its use by CS:GO gambling sites. Basically, Valve has settled that it's not authorized, writing that the use of "the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements."

Valve intends to send requests to gambling sites to shut down nicely or it would be taken into the court. CS:GODouble website has decided to shut down after Valve has made the announced the changes.

"As a reminder, per Twitch’s Terms of Service, broadcasters are not permitted to stream content that breaks the terms of service or user agreements of third-parties," the statement reads.

"As such, content in which the broadcaster uses or promotes services that violate Valve’s stated restrictions is prohibited on Twitch. Our Rules of Conduct lists other examples such as playing pirated games and playing on unauthorized private servers."

Basically, what Twitch is saying is that you will be no longer to stream while you are gambling. This is a huge thing for streamers like JoshOG and others like Phantoml0rd. As there are making most the income from CS:GO skins.