Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 03:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Xbox One boss says virtual reality is "really interesting" for games

Old   #1
elite*gold: LOCKED
The Black Market: 80/0/1
Received Thanks: 1,833
Xbox One boss says virtual reality is "really interesting" for games

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer says virtual reality is "clearly an area people are excited about."

Recently, In the interview, Head of Xbox Phil Spencer makes it clear that he is excited for future virtual reality. He quite think that is very interesting for games.

"Virtual reality is a really interesting area, especially for games, and while it seems like it's been 'just over the horizon' for the last 20 years or so, I think we could finally start seeing it prove out soon for both gamers and developers," Spencer told Fortune.

Virtual reality is indeed gathering for mainstream appeal. PlayStation makes Sony also recently announce it's own virtual reality, .

During the Game Developers Conference in March, Spencer revealed that Microsoft has been . He also revealed that Microsoft was playing with "virtual reality quite a white."

"While we don't have anything to officially announce, it's clearly an area people are excited about. The potential is definitely there," Spencer said.

Earlier this year, It was discovered that Microsoft . In addiction, a leaked document reveals that Microsoft is planning to release VR/AR System called "" for the Xbox one in the future.

In the interview with Fortune, Spencer importantly says that consoles are very important for Microsoft and Xbox One brand.

"Exclusive games will continue to play a major role for Xbox in the new console generation, just as they have in previous generations," Spencer said. "I'm a true believer in our exclusive platform features like Kinect, SmartGlass, and the cloud, but games have always been the bedrock of our consoles at Xbox."

Some of the big Xbox One games include Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Quantum Break, and the new Halo game. Spencer also mentioned that even more exclusives system could take place at E3 in June.

"It's going to be great at E3 to be able to share the games coming exclusively to Xbox One, and it's only going to get better," he said.
What do you think about this? Will the virtual reality be really interesting for games?

1 User
Old   #2
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 2/0/0
I think we should wait it out to see what sony, facebook and co are going to release. But I also think that this will be the future, especially similar things to augmented reality.

xbox one