Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 02:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

IndieGoGo campaign goal for DreadOut reached

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 12/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,181
IndieGoGo campaign goal for DreadOut reached

Horror games have always caught the attention of gamers, it is always good to feel the adrenaline of getting in touch with the infraworld's forces, getting to experience that feeling of suspense, when you think someone is watching you, but there's nobody there...and videogames are the best way to exploit this sensation, and scare people to the point in which they'll fall from their chairs every once and then!

With this in mind, the Indonesian game developer Digital Happiness has brought DreadOut, which promises to keep you in suspense during the whole story.

It is quite awesome that this project has reached its IndieGoGo Campaign and Survival Horror Online has gotten in an interview with the developers.

During this interview there are a lot of questions asked to them, such as who they are as a studio/game developers, and even what the game is about and I feel quite satisfied with their answers.

These people are artists who worked doing 3D Animations by contract, whom gathered together to bring this story to life.

"Its about Linda discovering her power while she and a group of her friends astray from their vacation and get trapped in a deserted, haunted town.
DreadOut is also about giving the player a sense of hopelessness. While we also wanted to give the player the feeling of surviving it"

After watching the video they used for their campaign I made comparisons with Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, to then be surprised that they were asked about that exactly, about the similarities and differences between DreadOut and Fatal Frame, to find this answer:

"Sure, like KOF was influenced by SF series Yes, Fatal Frame is one of our beloved series. But actually, as we mentioned before we played a lot of games besides Fatal Frame. We really love Haunting Ground, Clock Tower, Silent Hill and actually our favourite game is Demon Souls. And for sentimental reasons I really love the Castlevania series. You can expect were mixing it from all of our fav games Oh yeah, many dont know its not the irisphone is so powerful that can killed ghost, but Linda power it is, so irisphone is not the modern camera obscura also were adding more twist later on Limbo level concept, were inspired from hercs adventure PSX game for that concept btw"

It was also stated that the release of this game could happen near the end of 2013, "around November or December", with the hopes of it being released over Steam, thanks to Steam's Greenlight.

Here you can watch the trailer of the game: