Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 08:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dust: An Elysian Tail is comming to Steam

Discussion on Dust: An Elysian Tail is comming to Steam within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,181
Dust: An Elysian Tail is comming to Steam

Two-dimensional platformer Dust: An Elysian Tail, which enchanted Xbox users in last years, is comming to Steam.

Dust: An Elysian Tail garnered mostly positive reviews from critics, and sold over 80 000 copies during the last year, despite the fact that it was exclusive for the Xbox Live Arcade.

Developer Humble Hearts decided to offer a game to wider range of players through the PC version, with putting the game on Steam, with a release date possibly as early as April.

Game designer, Dean Dodrill, said:
Quote:
So right now I'm targeting some time late April, but it sort of depends on how fast things can move through the system. The build has actually been fairly complete for some time, it's just a matter of working in those last Steam specific things and working through testing/cert/localization.

Most of these last few months have been about making the game as PC friendly as possible, including support for numerous visual and control options. Mouse and keyboard players should be very happy, alongside standard gamepad players. Keyboard only is also an option. The game will be published by Microsoft Studios, and I will NOT be implementing GFW. Also, the game looks amazing at 1080p.

After the Steam port of Dust:AET, I'm working on a completely new IP unrelated to Elysian Tail. I probably won't have much to share for the first year of development, however it's my plan not to spend 3 and a half years on another game

As for Dust 2, it is something I want to do. I have some grand ambitions and somewhat drastic changes that I would like to implement, but it'll be a while before I have much more to share. I do love the characters though, and look forward to continuing their adventure.

SOURCE: