Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 09:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

EA: More Micro-transactions for future Games

Old   #1
elite*gold: 1
The Black Market: 96/0/0
Received Thanks: 5,336
EA: More Micro-transactions for future Games

Lastly, the subject of micro-transactions came up with the newly published third-person shooter Dead Space 3. There was intense discussion about the item shop, as Dead Space 3 has been the series' first part, which was said to have an ingame shop and, in the end, also got one. Many players expressed criticism regarding that payment method, where they are given the possibility to purchase several items and, with that, obtain slight advantages. Despite severe criticism, Electronic Arts seems to stick to their new concept, turning a blind eye to fans. The publisher's financial officer now stated:

"We are going to implement the possibility to pay for several items, to get on a higher level for all our games. Consumers are welcoming and enjoying this business model", said Blake Jorgensen.

Currently, a whole team is busy at Electronic Arts implementing micro-transactions. Furthermore interesting is the fact, that EA will try to keep players' anonymity as well as possible. Jorgensen explained, that EA is distinctly aware that their players would like a certain degree of privacy, which is the reason for their efforts to integrate a payment method without credit card.

What do you think of micro-transactions? Reasonable expansion or only a way to cash in more money?

Original source:
Attached Thumbnails
EA: More Micro-transactions for future Games-meh.jpg  

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 36/0/0
Received Thanks: 7,674
Back in days, you baught a game...anf got a full game.
That games had tons of storyline and substorys and updates came for free.

If u buy an game now, u get 75% of the game...and then you need to buy the rest for 15$ as DLC.
In addition you can purchase new (often better) Items via Micro Pay...

That sucks, this is the reason why i like independent games.
You pay 5-20$ for it and u get >9000 Hours of gameplay.
Often you get free DLC and if not they cost 99cent.
No mirco payments, no other ****.

This new way of big studios like EA need to ruins games.
1 User
Old   #3
elite*gold: 1
The Black Market: 96/0/0
Received Thanks: 5,336
I agree with you... I'm asking myself, what kind of people rather spend money to reach all goals instead of enjoying a game by playing it. Doesn't make much sense to me - nowadays players set their priorities to be well known in virtual worlds or to be famous, which is sad imho.