Wizardry Online, an MMORPG from Gamepot Inc., has officially started in Europe and North America. Newcomers and fans can prepare themselves for a unique gaming experience, which comes with known features of its franchise: hardcore gameplay, a very high difficulty level and permanent death - the final death of characters - should raise some player's hackles.
"Wizardry Online is one of the most challenging hardcore fantasy MMORPGs ever developed" said Todd Carson, senior producer at Sony Online Entertainment. "The difficulty is incredibly high and provides a demanding and absorbing free-to-play experience, which is nowadays demanded by gamers." Dark Souls and Co. have confirmed that request and this recipe for success is now going to be used in the MMO sector.
Developed by Gamepot Inc., Wizardry Online lets people dive into merciless dungeons, where players fight against powerful opponents and expand their character level. With every crime against other players, adventurers darken their souls and always facing the greatest danger: omnipresent permadeath. In Wizardry Online dungeons are filled with deadly traps, tricky riddles and enemies, lurking behind each corner. Players have to choose their strategy: either they decide for a hardcore adventure, collect items and gold or they live a rogue life in name of power and violence.
Wizardry Online features:
- Lost-system: In Wizardry Online even death isn't priceless - players pay virtual donations to revive themselves. Adventurers who only pay as few as possible, live with a risk of bad success, as two failed attempts lead to an irrecoverable loss of your character. Experience gets registered on the soul account to allow an easier start with a new character.
- Merciless dungeons: the dungeons of Wizardry Online contain a variety of traps and mighty monsters.
- Customization of skills: players combine skills of previous and newer classes to personalize the character.
- Bounty hunting system: Not only monsters, but also other human opponents get in anyone's way to achieve rare items. These villains are able to attack players everywhere and at any time. However, bounties can be set to motivate teammatesto hunt down delinquents.
- Different races: as known from other Wizardry-titles, Wizardry Online offers you a selection of races e.g. human, elf, porkul or dwarf. Each single group possesses different advantages regarding weapons and skills.
If you would like to convince yourselves of the free-to-
die title's cruelness, all you need to do is to create an account on their official homepage
, download the game and you're ready to go.