is the publisher of this anticipated title, which has caught the attention of many gamers around the world, this because of it's really unique features.
is centered on the world of Lodran
, a fully-explorable land with a vast environment for you to grow as you go facing countless murderous traps all around the dungeons and open-air environments. As well, you will be battling different mobs, and several gargantuan -supremely powerful demons and dragons-, which will be the bosses of this game.
An interesting feature of this game is that you won't fear your imminent death, as it is an important part of the game, because you will need to learn from it to be able to go through this mysterious and wonderful world. But you won't only learn from your death, but as well, from other players' deaths, as Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world; this feature is something to take into account during the game, as they are not just allowed to show, but you are allowed to summon them into your world, this, to start a co-op adventure.
While you play, you will find Bonfires
, which will be the checkpoints of the game, as well as your "safe house", as when you are there, your health and magic will be able to regenerate, but obviously, it isn't for free, in this case, it will be all of the mobs respawning once again. So even at a bonfire, you won't be 100% safe...
Key features of this game are the following (as posted by the developers)
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
- Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons and areas are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair-inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced RPG systems including: weaponry, armor, miracles, faith, and more. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, invading each other for PVP battles, or to play co-op and take on giant boss encounters as a team.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
- Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Bonfire is an important feature in Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a health and magic recovery and a progression check point, it also happens to be the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.
The game is going to be released tomorrow (August 24) and has already announced different DLC content for it, promising to become a huge game for every lover of this game.