Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 00:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Day-Z officially goes standalone!

Old   #1
Steel of Sunlight

elite*gold: 1193
The Black Market: 255/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,827
Day-Z officially goes standalone!

Now it is official.
About 2 hours ago, the following was posted on DAYZ :

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.

I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” - Winston Churchill
Source: The end of the beginning | DAYZ

Old   #2

elite*gold: 26
The Black Market: 19/0/0
Received Thanks: 20,243
Dann kann War-Z ja jetzt einpacken.
Old   #3
elite*gold: 8
The Black Market: 80/0/0
Ich hoffe es wird danach nicht diese alte ArmA Engine benutzen, und nicht so hohe Anforderungen haben!