Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sony's problems

Discussion on Sony's problems within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Sony's problems

Sony's share price has fallen to a 31-year low following the announcement of the company's record 456.7 billion yen (£3.5bn) annual loss.

Shares fell by 6.7 per cent to 1132 yen (£8.79) in response to Sony's latest financial results, announced yesterday. The report also revealed the fact that sales of PS3s, PS2s and PSPs were all down year-on-year.

Kaz Hirai, the Sony boss, has forecast a healthier outlook for the year ahead. That will include a return to profit for the firm's gaming division and an ambitious sales forecast for PlayStation Vita.

Yuuki Sakurai, president of Japanese finance firm Fukoku Capital Management, asked a few of BBC News' questions.

"Sony is facing a lot of difficulties and the new president has not been able to produce a clear plan as to how he will turn around the company. Even the little that investors have heard, they are not very impressed with."

Sony knew such losses would eventually come- the company last month braced investors it would announce the biggest loss for a decade.

To combat this, Kaz Hirai's "One Sony" vision for the company's future involves focusing efforts on just three areas: "digital imaging, game and mobile". The new plan was accompanied by the confirmation of 10,000 lay-offs.

Hirai commented at the time that the company's PS3, Vita and peripheral sales were "generating steady profit".

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[PROBLEMS] Server Problems
04/29/2012 - Metin2 Private Server - 0 Replies
Hi I have a little problem on the server metin2. I put it on the dedication and everything works beautifully, but as I enter the client of this writing have been connected to the server and still nothing lasts there is no login or anything standing still
Roc Mountain Teleport Problems? DC Problems?
12/11/2011 - SRO Private Server - 1 Replies
I have got a problem to the teleport to Roc Mountain? (to aircraft dock and reverse scrool, non of them can teleport me to the Roc mountain inside area) In my database when Roc Mt. value is (2), i don't teleport here. It is true. When value is (1), i can teleport. It is true too. But when I change the value 2 to 1 the DC problem is arises. When i try to summon a attacker pet or i try to mount a vehicle (all of them can occur same problem) the dc problem is happen. Also some times when i...
Roc Mountain Teleport Problems? DC Problems?
12/08/2011 - Silkroad Online - 0 Replies
I have got a problem to the teleport to Roc Mountain? (to aircraft dock and reverse scrool, non of them can teleport me to the Roc mountain inside area) In my database when Roc Mt. value is (2), i don't teleport here. It is true. When value is (1), i can teleport. It is true too. But when I change the value 2 to 1 the DC problem is arises. When i try to summon a attacker pet or i try to mount a vehicle (all of them can occur same problem) the dc problem is happen. Also some times when i...
[Problems] Source 5165 All Problems
11/28/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 7 Replies
Hello Everyone, Ok i will put All my problems here So i hope noone spamming and Say Go learn C# and w/e 1-RegPage: fixed all by adding  to the start of the pass and  to the end of the pass. its working okay and when i create character and try to rejoin the game close with itself Note: When i make From NewestCOServer Cmd it works fine and the game dont close i mean i want other players to make thier own accounts and dont ask me to make them The Accounts they want. 2-Lottery: Cant...
[Problems]Having problems in Cabal Wudijt
07/01/2008 - Cabal Online - 0 Replies
1>im having problems in registering in Wudijt can anyone help me give me working link 2>i cant seem to update my red cabal online is it offline? 3>when i load Cabal.exe the cabal window will just dissapear please help me,i followed everyone's advice but it doesnt work, can anyone tell me what the real problem? thanks! ^_^