Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 01:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Diablo 3 is coming soon.. wait a second!

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 3/0/0
Diablo 3 is coming soon.. wait a second!

We all wish the long wait was over, unfortunately this is not the case. Recently a Best Buy located in Rochester had pulled a stunt that caused a ridiculous amount of hype and made the forums pop with excitement. The date stated was February 1st with a digital counter and all had tricked the common eye into thinking this was an official release date, but instead this was a farce(aside the fact that they had spelled February as Feburary).

The reason being is a few big companies put a "1st" release date as placeholder for their systems to preorder, and I suppose the employees decided to make a sign which their General Manager forced them to remove after word got out. Although it wasn't a true release date it sure stirred some questions on how soon the game will be released, as their prior statement (early 2012/first quarter) are very generic and when will the companies know? Blizzard community manager responded with companies will know when you know, and they can't do anything about people making in-home signs as we found out that the Best Buy sign was, and indeed it was not sent by Blizzard.

Although some people are calling it a publicity stunt, even if it isn't, it did create an immense amount of hype for the up-and-coming Blizzard game Diablo 3. No further information on when the actual release date is, I suppose I'll have to restrain my frustration at Blizzards lack of commenting (like always!) and look at the glass half full; the longer it takes, the better the game.

Attached Thumbnails
Diablo 3 is coming soon.. wait a second!-diablo3.jpg  

1 User