Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support > Unix/Linux
You last visited: Today at 01:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[linux] CS 1.6 HLDS don't restart after crash

Discussion on [linux] CS 1.6 HLDS don't restart after crash within the Unix/Linux forum part of the Technical Support category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[linux] CS 1.6 HLDS don't restart after crash

Hey,
I just installed an CS 1.6 dedicated server on my little neat vserver but every time I go sleep and come back, the vserver is online but the CS Server isn't. Here is my startscript that works at vserver reboot:

/etc/init.d/csserver
Code:
#! /bin/bash

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          csserver
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Starter for HLDS
# Description:       Starter for Counter Strike 1.6 Server
### END INIT INFO

su - csserver -c "ls /var/run/screen/S-csserver/*.csscreen >/dev/null 2>&1 || cd /home/csserver/cstrike ; screen -d -m -S csscreen ./hlds_run -game cstrike -console -autoupdate +port 27015 +map kz_6fd_volcano +maxplayers 32"
As you can see, I try an "screen-checker" because I put this in crontab -e:
Code:
*/10 * * * * root /etc/init.d/csserver >/dev/bull 2>&1
Now I thought it should restart at vserver reboot (it does) and if the dedicated server crashes because of the cronjob.
Or is there still an screen if the dedicated server crashes so the cronjob can't help?

Edit:
I forgott to mention: debian-7.0-i386-minimal
Old 01/26/2014, 17:22   #2

elite*gold: 34
Received Thanks: 1,227
What is the crash log?

Edit: normaly the command parameter -autoupdate should do the work o.O
Old 01/26/2014, 17:29   #3

elite*gold: 0
I can't find any logs expect debug.log with:
CRASH: Sun Jan 26 06:57:13 CET 2014
Start Line: ./hlds_linux -game cstrike -console -autoupdate +port 27015 +map kz_6fd_volcano +maxplayers 32

Do I have to activate something to get more usefull logs? :/

Edit:
Solved with an huge list of cronjobs thats close the screen and starts a new one every 3 hours