Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support
You last visited: Today at 12:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[List of online anti virus scanners]

Discussion on [List of online anti virus scanners] within the Technical Support forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[List of online anti virus scanners]

Quote:
List of online anti virus and malware scanners!

Some of this scanners require you to download the scanner!

F-Secure Online Virus Scanner

No virus will survive against F-Secure.
Program perfectly kills viruses, Trojan horses and backdoor programs.
Spyware and rootkits has a better chance to hide from F-Secure, that’s why I also recommend scanning your PC with an anti-spyware.
You should use Internet Explorer, because other browsers are not supported. If you are using Firefox 2, you can install an extension, which is called “IE tab”. It will make F-Secure think, that you are using IE.

Trend Micro Housecall

If you are being attacked by popular viruses, than you need to scan your PC with Trend Micro Housecall. This scanner easily finds and kills popular viruses. But on the other hand, rare viruses usually aren’t found by “Housecall” and Trojan horses escape too. “Rootkits” has even bigger chance to hide from this program.

Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner

That is the only one scanner, which works with Windows Vista. It perfectly detects popular viruses, but most of the spyware, Trojans, rootkits and other pests were not detected. And we also need Internet Explorer to use Windows Live Scanner.

Softwin Bitdefender Online Scanner

It kills all popular viruses, but most of other pests were not detected. I recommend this scanner only if you don’t have many free HDD space, because this scanner needs only 13 MB.

Panda Software Active Scan

“Panda” scanner will save us from popular viruses. Another good thing is that it scans our e-mail too. But on the other hand, this scanner doesn’t perfectly detect Trojans and backdoors.

Symantec Security Check

“Symantec Security Check” is the worst online scanner. It perfectly detects viruses, Trojans and spyware, but the problem is that to remove any pests, you need to buy an ordinary anti-virus.

Old 11/10/2010, 20:36   #2

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 4,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by testdev900 View Post
Some of this scanners require you to download the scanner!

F-Secure Online Virus Scanner

No virus will survive against F-Secure.
Program perfectly kills viruses, Trojan horses and backdoor programs.
Spyware and rootkits has a better chance to hide from F-Secure, that’s why I also recommend scanning your PC with an anti-spyware.
You should use Internet Explorer, because other browsers are not supported. If you are using Firefox 2, you can install an extension, which is called “IE tab”. It will make F-Secure think, that you are using IE.
Trend Micro Housecall

If you are being attacked by popular viruses, than you need to scan your PC with Trend Micro Housecall. This scanner easily finds and kills popular viruses. But on the other hand, rare viruses usually aren’t found by “Housecall” and Trojan horses escape too. “Rootkits” has even bigger chance to hide from this program.

Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner

That is the only one scanner, which works with Windows Vista. It perfectly detects popular viruses, but most of the spyware, Trojans, rootkits and other pests were not detected. And we also need Internet Explorer to use Windows Live Scanner.

Softwin Bitdefender Online Scanner

It kills all popular viruses, but most of other pests were not detected. I recommend this scanner only if you don’t have many free HDD space, because this scanner needs only 13 MB.

Panda Software Active Scan

“Panda” scanner will save us from popular viruses. Another good thing is that it scans our e-mail too. But on the other hand, this scanner doesn’t perfectly detect Trojans and backdoors.

Symantec Security Check

“Symantec Security Check” is the worst online scanner. It perfectly detects viruses, Trojans and spyware, but the problem is that to remove any pests, you need to buy an ordinary anti-virus.

No program can kill all viruses.
Old 11/10/2010, 20:39   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ▲Ɖ̼̉ÎABLO▲ View Post
No program can kill all viruses.
Not all of them, but it's as close to perfect you can reach with free scanners!