Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Star Wars: The Old Republic
You last visited: Today at 14:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SWTOR bugs and solutions - Crash, Appcrash, Error Codes, Black screen, Poor FPS

Discussion on SWTOR bugs and solutions - Crash, Appcrash, Error Codes, Black screen, Poor FPS within the Star Wars: The Old Republic forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SWTOR bugs and solutions - Crash, Appcrash, Error Codes, Black screen, Poor FPS

Problem 1: Client stuck at downloading the game at X%
- Make sure your firewall and other anti-virus programs are disabled and try downloading again.
- Quite obvious, but ensure you have stable Internet. This is often overlooked.
- Have you recently configured your router? Undo any changes you’ve recently made. A quick factory reset might help, but use this as a last resort.

Problem 2: APPCRASH when launching SWTOR client

If you’re getting the APPCRASH error when starting Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR), try these fixes:

Possible Solution #1: Disable fullscreen mode
- Go to your the folder where you installed Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)
- Look for the file client_defaults.ini and open it
- Press Ctrl+F search for the following line: FullScreen=true
- Change ‘true’ to ‘false’
- Restart SWTOR

Possible Solution #2:
Run SWTOR in administrator mode.

Possible Solution #3:
Turn your in-game resolution a notch down (1280×800 would be good). Star Wars: The Old Republic should work smoothly now.

Possible Solution #4:
Make sure you installed SWTOR in your main C: Drive with sufficient space.

Possible Solution #5:
Make SWTOR recreate your local game data by deleting: C:/Users/…/AppData/Local/

Problem 3: Various Star Wars: The Old Republic Crashes, APPCRASH Errors, SWTOR has stopped responding

You may be experiencing one or more of the following crashes and errors:
- RemoteRenderer.dll Crash
- Blue screen / Black screen
- nv4_mini.dll
- MSVCR90.dll

If so try the applicable solutions in found above in Problem 2. You may also try running through our list of general fixes, or proceed to Problem 4 solutions below.

Problem 4: SWTOR Error Fix – Internal Error ABORT: Pointer is null (.socket.c/385)
Simply disable your firewall, or alternatively add SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your firewall exceptions list.

Problem 5: Game Crashes after Creating Character
Try the following basic solutions:
- Run in windowed mode
- Reduce screen resolution in the in-game options

Problem 6: Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) Install Fails, Cannot Install

This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.

Problem 7: Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) freezing.

Problem 8: Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.

Problem 9: Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.

Problem 10: Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Disable vsync and antialiasing on the game’s exe file after enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia), finally enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on D3DOverrider. Check our technical references page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.

Alternatively, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to bring up the Task Manager, go to processes, select the game’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this everytime you play the game.

In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our technical references page for some suggestions.
Finally make sure that your internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem.

Problem 11: Error Code 9000
1. running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack 2 as an administrator.
2. Reset your router to fabric settings. / set your firewall settings to low.
3. Open your Ports router/ firewall. The port numbers that are required are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP).

If that doesn’t help, hit this forum thread and try some of the other solutions.

Problem 12: Error Code 7
The solution can be found here.

mmogarden