Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 03:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Restriction Campaign of Illegal Program Usage in Silkroad

Discussion on Restriction Campaign of Illegal Program Usage in Silkroad within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 06/30/2009, 20:01   #31

elite*gold: 0
bot of normal people i think must not banned because silk is a looooong game and a legit without bot can do lvl 100 in 6-7 years^^ but goldbotters must die
Old 06/30/2009, 20:07   #32

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
I laughed when I read that announcement. It's too late for that...SRO is being owned by botters and Joymax now depends on them. That announcement is nothing but words in my opinion...but maybe Joymax surprises us but that will be the end of SRO :P
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/30/2009, 20:29   #33

This is just for the GNCWC...
Old 06/30/2009, 20:52   #34

I have to agree with John.The first thing I'll make when they add this "safety measure" I'm gonna make 5 chars with name like that : IBot_BanMe1--->IBot_BanMe5 to proove alecz24 that Joymax wont ban bots.Atm I do have a char which is named kinda like the one above and it's been goldbotting in clientless for , huh, 6months ?
Still I'm feeling pretty safe about the "big ban".JM dont want to loose that much $.
Old 06/30/2009, 22:52   #35

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 3,751
I think that Joymax is in the perfect position to clean up the game now. I mean in the past 6 months, nothing has changed with the game except there are more bots, more tools, and since there is no more CAPTCHA, more reasons to buy premium just to get a spot in the server.

In the past, the argument that "Silkroad is a botting game, and Joymax needs botters to survive" might have been valid to a large degree of people who bought silk thinking they could escape the bot ban list. I don't think that point is valid anymore. The game is still oriented towards being a botter's game due to the insane grind required at higher levels, but at this stage, Silkroad is already an established game that is very popular.

When Joymax added the new party mob system, that was certainly a great move as some fun was restored in real grindings with others. The only problem now is that if you want to continue that in higher levels, then you have to have other people who are higher levels actually grinding, and that's simply not many.

Now, imagine for a second if Joymax:
1. Changed all the packet opcodes for client/server
2. Added a custom security solution like csro or even gameguard again
3. Added additional server side logic to help detect bots and bans were more frequent and real bot bans.

and as a result, ALL 3rd party programs were broken. What would happen?

If you say the game will die because all the botters and people who rely on 3rd party tools will leave, you are mistaken. Silkroad is an addiction that most people have fallen into and don't even realize it.

No, what would happen is there would be a mad rush to find the new working programs that are compatible with the new system. This means that the first people who were to actually achieve this, would become pretty rich and popular, since they would have a monopoly on the game until others came along. I would assume Bot369 would be the first as this is what they do for a living. All of the indie developers would be the ones left in the dark for a while.

Not only that, there would be a new hole that would be left from Rev6 going down if such happened. All their tools and programs would be rendered useless and a lot of work would have to be done in order to update them. I don' think all that work would be done just to get resetup.

As for botters, the majority of them aren't going to simply leave the game. I mean consider all the reasons for botting and all the time and money spent on it. People simply aren't going to walk away from Silkroad once they can't bot like they used to. Just look at the history of Silkroad and you will always fin that is the case (especially during the days of Softmod) They might temporarily stop playing or just login to PvP, FW, CTF, or even hand grind, but Silkroad is an addiction that is not easily kicked.

A lot of people might say, "well I'll just leave", but that group's actions are just as pointless as legits who say they are going to stop playing the game until Joymax cleans up their act; other people will simply take their spot.

Of course, I don't actually think Joymax will pull this doomsday scenario to the degree that I'm describing, but it would be nice if they rebalanced the risk/reward for cheating in the game. It's been way overbalanced towards the cheating side and I really find that unfortunate. I am certainly not a pro-bot person, but I'm not exactly anti-bot either. I think if you choose to cheat, there should be real consequences in place to provide a balance to those who spend their time leveling and those who use programs to do it for them.

I believe there should be an equal risk for any possible rewards for using cheats. That keeps things exciting and conscious of their actions. Nowadays, the only reason not to cheat is because you can't afford to. That's just not right, Joymax has really slacked a lot and they need to start taking more action. When I came back to Silkroad, I didn't expect all my code and programs to still work (barring bugs I had).

I for one am certainly looking forward to there being some real challenges in Silkroad again, as it's been the same old stuff forever now. I mean nowadays what's the point of botting to get a high level character when everyone else can do the same? Botting doesn't mean anything nowadays and it's become such a large part of the game, it's hard to even enjoy the game for any of the simple pleasures it provides.

I'm not going to hold my breath though, because we saw similar "bot campaigns" in the past around GWGNC as SmileMe mentioned, but I would really hope they seriously consider this and it's not all for show.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 07/02/2009, 14:32   #36

elite*gold: 20
the make it serious now... loaders aint working anymore.
Old 07/02/2009, 16:02   #37

Irony... loaders dont work but bot it's working perfectly.
Old 07/07/2009, 08:42   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
I think that Joymax is in the perfect position to clean up the game now. I mean in the past 6 months, nothing has changed with the game except there are more bots, more tools, and since there is no more CAPTCHA, more reasons to buy premium just to get a spot in the server.

In the past, the argument that "Silkroad is a botting game, and Joymax needs botters to survive" might have been valid to a large degree of people who bought silk thinking they could escape the bot ban list. I don't think that point is valid anymore. The game is still oriented towards being a botter's game due to the insane grind required at higher levels, but at this stage, Silkroad is already an established game that is very popular.

When Joymax added the new party mob system, that was certainly a great move as some fun was restored in real grindings with others. The only problem now is that if you want to continue that in higher levels, then you have to have other people who are higher levels actually grinding, and that's simply not many.

Now, imagine for a second if Joymax:
1. Changed all the packet opcodes for client/server
2. Added a custom security solution like csro or even gameguard again
3. Added additional server side logic to help detect bots and bans were more frequent and real bot bans.

and as a result, ALL 3rd party programs were broken. What would happen?

If you say the game will die because all the botters and people who rely on 3rd party tools will leave, you are mistaken. Silkroad is an addiction that most people have fallen into and don't even realize it.

No, what would happen is there would be a mad rush to find the new working programs that are compatible with the new system. This means that the first people who were to actually achieve this, would become pretty rich and popular, since they would have a monopoly on the game until others came along. I would assume Bot369 would be the first as this is what they do for a living. All of the indie developers would be the ones left in the dark for a while.

Not only that, there would be a new hole that would be left from Rev6 going down if such happened. All their tools and programs would be rendered useless and a lot of work would have to be done in order to update them. I don' think all that work would be done just to get resetup.

As for botters, the majority of them aren't going to simply leave the game. I mean consider all the reasons for botting and all the time and money spent on it. People simply aren't going to walk away from Silkroad once they can't bot like they used to. Just look at the history of Silkroad and you will always fin that is the case (especially during the days of Softmod) They might temporarily stop playing or just login to PvP, FW, CTF, or even hand grind, but Silkroad is an addiction that is not easily kicked.

A lot of people might say, "well I'll just leave", but that group's actions are just as pointless as legits who say they are going to stop playing the game until Joymax cleans up their act; other people will simply take their spot.

Of course, I don't actually think Joymax will pull this doomsday scenario to the degree that I'm describing, but it would be nice if they rebalanced the risk/reward for cheating in the game. It's been way overbalanced towards the cheating side and I really find that unfortunate. I am certainly not a pro-bot person, but I'm not exactly anti-bot either. I think if you choose to cheat, there should be real consequences in place to provide a balance to those who spend their time leveling and those who use programs to do it for them.

I believe there should be an equal risk for any possible rewards for using cheats. That keeps things exciting and conscious of their actions. Nowadays, the only reason not to cheat is because you can't afford to. That's just not right, Joymax has really slacked a lot and they need to start taking more action. When I came back to Silkroad, I didn't expect all my code and programs to still work (barring bugs I had).

I for one am certainly looking forward to there being some real challenges in Silkroad again, as it's been the same old stuff forever now. I mean nowadays what's the point of botting to get a high level character when everyone else can do the same? Botting doesn't mean anything nowadays and it's become such a large part of the game, it's hard to even enjoy the game for any of the simple pleasures it provides.

I'm not going to hold my breath though, because we saw similar "bot campaigns" in the past around GWGNC as SmileMe mentioned, but I would really hope they seriously consider this and it's not all for show.
BlaBlaBla... In the end nothing happend, LoL.
Just as I thought, iSRO will never change.
Old 07/07/2009, 09:03   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Riders View Post
BlaBlaBla... In the end nothing happend, LoL.
Just as I thought, iSRO will never change.
you wasnt really carefully watching at the update process...

they added a file with something about "protection" or something ... i think pk2 haxors here can tell us this better.

i wouldnt say anything until next inspection... maybe they come out with a big suprise.
Old 07/07/2009, 10:54   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by recking View Post
you wasnt really carefully watching at the update process...

they added a file with something about "protection" or something ... i think pk2 haxors here can tell us this better.

i wouldnt say anything until next inspection... maybe they come out with a big suprise.

Do I have to say anything else ?
Old 07/07/2009, 11:07   #41

Quote:

Do I have to say anything else ?
nothing else than the same blabla **** ...

i said, that they added something to the client (not the sro_client.exe, something inside the pk2).

do u what u want. but dont cry next week, IF everything comes other than u think now.

btw: i do bot as i did yesterday. so i also believe that there is nothing. but i also say that we cant be 100% sure.
Old 07/07/2009, 11:25   #42

Quote:
btw: i do bot as i did yesterday. so i also believe that there is nothing. but i also say that we cant be 100% sure.
I thought your Account got scammed/hacked and you wanted to quit, LoL ?!
Old 07/07/2009, 11:29   #43

Quote:
I thought your Account got scammed/hacked and you wanted to quit, LoL ?!
read my signature.
Old 07/07/2009, 11:31   #44

Quote:
read my signature.
Yeah... Whatever... LoL.
Old 07/07/2009, 11:34   #45

Quote:
Yeah... Whatever... LoL.
i traded my char vs another.

he took mine, and after an hour he took his one with an trick back.

so i tricked a bit, too. And now its mine.