Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 14:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I got Scammed, anyone know how? Help pls

Discussion on I got Scammed, anyone know how? Help pls within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unhappy I got Scammed, anyone know how? Help pls

Hey all,
i wanted to buy sro account for ingame gold, but the other player scammed me, and i lst about 200 mil ingame gold : /
But i dont know reall how he scammed me, i explain how we trade acc. for the gold:

-at first he gave me id + pw for the account (no clothes or anything on the char.)
-when i logged on with his char i gave him half of the gold with my other char.
-then he gave me the secret answer + e-mail account to change the passwort.
-After i changed the pw i gave him rest of the gold.
-everything was perfect, i thought, iw was logged in with the account some hours (to server check)

After Server check the password was changed and i cant log in anymore
with my other char i wrote ingame to the char i bought, He acts in such a way as if he was someone else, not the person, who sold the account to me, and he told me that he hacked the account (lol). But i know he is the person who trade with me... I Hate this shit scammers

I only thought "damn" how he can change the password
Ingame i asked some ppls from my union, and they told me, that he could have keyloggers in e-mail adress or account, can this be?
i really thought its 100% save : / lol keyloggers in e-mail adress, never heard.

But my question now is:
Can i get the account back?
If no, is thery any way how i can log in (that i can do murderer or so on, i really hate all the scammers, i lost about 1 billion because of this shit scammers) If i cant get back the account or just log in 1 time, i dont play silkroad anymore... you cant trust anyone, thats a lesson i learned from this game, everytime i wanted to trust anyone ingame i got scammed : /

Back to my question, can i get back the account? i have:

-ID + PW
-Secret Answer
-E-Mail Adress
-Old Password of the E-Mail Adress (He changed the pw )

I've found on google, that you can hack someone just with ID and E-Mail adress (OMG) ???
I hope you all can help me, or you can say me how he exactly scammed me, thx.

I am really sorry for my bad english^^
Old 09/24/2008, 12:30   #2

As i see it you did not change email when you changed PW? If you didn't that's the way he changed pw, through secret answer. If you did change email then im not sure how he did it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/24/2008, 12:40   #3

the problem was, that i cant change the e-mail adress on
i dont know why, before 1 year that was no problem, before 1 year there also was no e-mail verification.

but really thx for your fast answer
Old 09/24/2008, 13:21   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano View Post
the problem was, that i cant change the e-mail adress on
i dont know why, before 1 year that was no problem, before 1 year there also was no e-mail verification.

but really thx for your fast answer
Was the account you traded for email activated?
Old 09/24/2008, 13:49   #5

sry, but i dont know really what you mean
Old 09/24/2008, 15:10   #6

When you make an account, you enter an email address but this isn't really important, you can change it. But when you use the email activation, you need another email, when you activate it via your email, you cannot change the email anymore, so i guess thats what he did.
Old 09/24/2008, 16:10   #7

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,546
There is 0 chance to get your account back.
He changed the password,so the email was changed too.
You should take some security precaussions before dealing with your money.
Cheers
Old 09/24/2008, 16:36   #8

Received Thanks: 1,472
1 bill?
so its about 5 times, and u still did it the 5th time ****....
and if u cant change the email when u activate it, it should be the old email left so u can still change the pw, unless he changed the email and then activated it
Old 09/24/2008, 17:16   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopasas View Post
1 bill?
so its about 5 times, and u still did it the 5th time ****....
and if u cant change the email when u activate it, it should be the old email left so u can still change the pw, unless he changed the email and then activated it
Sounds like he gave him an email which he used for the account, sold it, then changed it .. >,< 1bil is a bit much , thought ya would of learnt by now, could of spent that 1bil and made your own char..
Old 09/24/2008, 19:02   #10

I think the problem was, he didn't gave you the secret anwser of the email account.

So, you changed the pw of the email and char and everything was good.
Then he went to the email, entered the secret anwser to get a new password, now that he had the email again, he went to joymax to get a new password for sro and that's the end of the story my friend.

The only way a trade is "kinda" safe is if the account has not activated the email thing so you can use an email that belongs to you. But still they have the account ID so I won't be 100% safe.

I'm sorry but I think there's nothing you can do, If you're dealing with someone you don't know, consider the scam as a possibility (almost a fact).

Best thing to do is:
> think of a char u'd love to have
> make a plan for it
> create a new email account (write down all data somewhere)
> create a new joymax account (write down all data somewhere)
> create a new char
> first time you login go to Options > Settings > turn off Exchange and Party invitation
> Don't change those settings, always be you the one applying for an exchange and join the party yourself using party match
> spend some money (less than what you have lost so far) to get plvled until a descent level
> start leveling my friend until you get the perfect char xP

Well, whatever you do, good luck.
Thanks
1 User