Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 06:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hacked my ISP to get unlimited bandwidth

Discussion on Hacked my ISP to get unlimited bandwidth within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hacked my ISP to get unlimited bandwidth

I figured it affects SRO to an extent since you need online to get on SRO, basically what I did was I went to BestBuy and bought a ZOOM model 5241 cable modem, if you are using one provided by Comcast they limit your download/upload speeds to around 4-7 MB download and 748 MB upload, they have a config that cannot be changed on their equipment and can only be affected by Comcast employees via signal transmission. Here is mine.

here are some speed testing sites if you wish to share your results.

- I don't recommend this one since it is flawed and can be manipulated by the user.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/08/2008, 04:31   #2

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hack my isp for me plz
Old 09/08/2008, 05:26   #3

how much does it cost? does it matter what ISP? is it illegal? pics?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2008, 06:07   #4

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Mods View Post
I figured it affects SRO to an extent since you need online to get on SRO, basically what I did was I went to bestbuy and bought a ZOOM model 5241 cable modem, if you are using one provided by comcast they limit your download/upload speeds to around 4-7 MB download and 748 MB upload. Here is mine.

[img][/img]
nice,i`ve heard u can steal bandwith with psp`s too xD
Old 09/08/2008, 06:45   #5

Guys its easy and I am not bsing you, as long as your connection is through a cable internet provider such as time warner or comcast for example, it will work, just simply hook it up, register with an account number though your provider when prompted on the initial hookup (i used a friend of mine that is running off of another node, its safer and undetectable this way because they will not bother scanning outside of their node for clone MAC addresses) and voila, you are online and surfing with uncapped speeds and its undetectable so you will be safe. I have done alot of research on it and it is 100% for real. You will need a ZOOM Cable Modem model 5241, I bought mine for $62.00 at best buy, that is after taxes. So you wont have to rent a box anymore or subscribe to comcast internet, but however, it is a good idea to keep basic cable tv on your service so that they do not disconnect your line from the pole or street (they put a filter on it so you cannot tamper with it but can be pryed off using the right tools if they do disconnect physically.) Here is some ebay listings if you guys are up for some free internet =D the listings on ebay are relatively cheaper, please make sure and look at sellers rating before buying anything on ebay plz.

@slimshady I wouldn't say its legal, but it is highly effective and cable companies rarely do anything to find users that do uncap, reason being is they would have to shut down an entire node which is roughly 2500 customers, and go through each customers connection 1 by 1 until they find an anomoly that sticks out so much it would be undeniable, which also means shutting down those other 2499 customers and come up with an excuse that would satisfy them. If you were thinking about hacking a modem that belongs to your ISP, your an idiot, they will know exactly where your traffic is coming from, when using a modem bought from a store, you are are buying it, without it ever being registered to your address (the burnt in MAC) which is linked to a physical address, that is why you find a customer on a different node and use his/her account number to register the modem, that is where cable companies have failed, scanning for duplicate MAC on different nodes, instead they only look for similarities on same node.

Your welcome people =D

btw I am also in to hacking tv, if your interested here is my youtube.

Here is a ss of cnet comparison to other internet providers, looks like I am on a damn OC connection =D My internet is going sooooo fast right now its unbelievable, I am downloading songs in less than a second, I am downloading 4 GB moves from torrents within 5 minutes..... guys this is retardedly fast.....

Here is direct link if you guys wanna test your speed =D

- this has a flaw, so I do not trust it, but I was honest with my test.
Old 09/08/2008, 07:25   #6

wow nice bro, you don't have lags in SRO anymore?
OMG its not available in our country
Old 09/08/2008, 07:28   #7

SRO still lags in town but that is server side, nothing can be done to stop that, regular gameplay outside of town is awesome, and I can also download stuff while I play, all speeds are great, nothing affects the other, this is the way internet should be for everyone.

I took another ss just for kicks and I am downloading faster than what a standard ethernet card can handle which is 100Mbps

127 Mbps is where I am at.

Average cable customer gets 6 Mbps and pays out the *** for it.... Speeds will always vary since the internet is unpredictable, but you usually see within a range of exactly where your internet speed is at, keep in mind I am using like 11 clientless in game and 1 client in game while running this test witch impacts on my overall speedtest, make sure to shut everything off when running speed test to optimize your test.

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2008, 07:48   #8

wow awesome i wish i have that kind of thing LOL heheheh
Old 09/08/2008, 07:48   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,729
well. that's not actually hacking.. it's just something else!!
don't get comcast get you, or get these informations.
they still got the mac-adress of the modem they provided you.if you log-in with another mac adress it could cause some problems.. that's "kind of" hardware manipulation
btw.. don't let comcast know about this bug. keep it low

btw.. what's your actual upload-speed? ^^
Old 09/08/2008, 07:54   #10

is it possible to do this to my connection?
'coz am not using the modem my ISP provided me
i bought another one but i was able to make it work.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2008, 07:56   #11

is this work in philippines??...if it is.. **** i have the fastest bandwidth in my town if that happend XD
Old 09/08/2008, 14:00   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
well. that's not actually hacking.. it's just something else!!
don't get comcast get you, or get these informations.
they still got the mac-adress of the modem they provided you.if you log-in with another mac adress it could cause some problems.. that's "kind of" hardware manipulation
btw.. don't let comcast know about this bug. keep it low

btw.. what's your actual upload-speed? ^^
Comcast or cable provider would see you as a normal subscribed customer when using another customers acct from a different location, since they do not compare 1 node to the next it would keep you safe And it is still hacking because it is just a different form from that of your normal programming hacking. I will be getting in to the SB5100 series cable modem hacking soon using jtag etc.

And my upload varies between 2.6-4Mbps upload, normal upload is at around 768Kbps for regular customers through Comcast.
Old 09/08/2008, 14:55   #13

nice but look at mine woithout modifications to hardware *_*

Old 09/08/2008, 15:09   #14

Very nice, your not using a modem provided by the provider as well? You bought one from store?

Which brand?

Your ISP probably hasn't picked up any abnormal bandwidth slow downs in your area so your modem is still technically uncapped until you start downloading like crazy, have you tested the integrity of your bandwidth, or are you just going by one test?

speedtest.net also is accurate most of the time. As I said before the limit fluxuates because the internet speeds are forever changing, the highest I have seen mine go is 186,500 Kbps.
Old 09/08/2008, 15:41   #15

Mine is best!!!
Closed Thread