Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 00:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GM]Gargamel at GNGWC 2008

Discussion on [GM]Gargamel at GNGWC 2008 within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 08/24/2008, 11:31   #31

elite*gold: 115
Received Thanks: 12,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumano View Post
that was funny. wonder if someone post this at silkraod main page. that will be shiet of the month for sure ahhahahah
Was already done, but got deleted lol.
Old 08/25/2008, 18:25   #32

elite*gold: 0
Here is the whole story.
Quoted from

Read.
Understand.
Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaboon View Post
Recently there have been lots of discussions and rumors on nearly every Silkroad related forum/blog.

In this thread we will try to explain the real truth:

History
I was planning to do the"Operation GM-T-Shirt" at the GNGWC last year. Due to some RL issues i wasn't able to get everything prepared in time last year.

So what exactly happened? ...
and me, went to the Games Convention and GNGWC in Leipzig this year. Verona made the photos and videos. I participated and nearly reached the goal to head over to Korea. See the GNGWC part. As I was dropped out of the final round we started our plan.

We both put on our 0x33-Shirts and headed towards to the GMs.

[GM]Gargamel was pretty much hiding from the public behind a huge sign at his notebook (who knows what he was doing *laughing*). I had to talk to another Korean person before actually talking to Gargamel.

The dialog was something like this:

How I made it that [GM]Gargamel wear our shirt, is my little secret.

Every participant that was watching us was told not to laugh, grin and to act unspectacular so the security wouldn't be there too fast.
When Verona tried to take some pictures we were adviced not to take any pictures, but Verona didn't stop.

Finally we had our pictures and [GM]Gargamel was still wearing it for like one hour.

Our Pictures
Korean guy talking to [GM]Gargamel
Me Talking to [GM]Gargamel
Me handing over the shirt
[GM]Gargamel putting the shirt on while another Joymax guy is watching him
It seems like he likes our design xD
I guess he didnt know what to say

And the final move:

Me, wearing the T-Shirt on the STAGE while cameras were recording everything

Spoilers
I think you might like to know about some real fun stuff, so here it is:
1. Like 1 hour after [GM]Gargamel put on our shirt, a Korean dude wearing a suit told [GM]Gargamel to take the shirt off as fast as possible.
2. When a korean guy picked me up for the award ceremony I was already wearing my shirt. He looked pretty shocked and asked me what the logo means. When we arrived at the stage another korean dude saw my shirt. His eyes nearly popped out and he was kinda freaking out.
3. [GM]Tarky should be named [GM]Turkey since his nose kinda looks like it (no offense buddy)

GNGWC
Let me say something about the GNGWC itself.

CON
- The organisation was shitty (like expected)
- We had to wait hours over hours
- The plan changed every few minutes
- In the first round i had C7-Error for like 7 minutes
- Even though it was a local server we had small lags, delay and problems (this proofs there are some major flaws in the server code)
- The PCs were set to max Details which made them lag (thats why i've set everything to low)
- In the final round (on the stage with a silver screen) we had a huge lag while fighting isyutaru. we all were like WTF (check and try to hear the "AH LAAAAG !!!")

PRO
- The staff actually was pretty nice
- They had lunch packets for us

A Message to Joymax Staff
Thanks for making it possible. We hope you won't have any real problems in your job due to our action.
We had a great time at the GNGWC and it was actually pretty fun.
Feel free to take this as a constructive, positive criticism. This makes Silkroad much more interesting, also for new customer. Joymax, never lose your kindness, because kindness is a part to success. We appreciate your very friendly staff at the Games Convention / GNGWC in Leipzig.
We look forward to see new improvements for a better gameplay and game feeling than before.

Many people like your game, including us.

If you read this, feel free to get in touch with us.

Thanks for your attention !

Sincerely,
Betaboon and Verona from 0x33
Who gives a shit ?
Not me.
Old 08/25/2008, 23:35   #33

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secura View Post
Here is the whole story.
Quoted from

Read.
Understand.
Have fun.

Who gives a **** ?
Not me.
If you don't ''Give a ****'' then why'd you bother to look it up at 0x33 and quote it here