Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SOSUN DROPS

Discussion on SOSUN DROPS within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/24/2008, 08:43   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman99 View Post
and its hardly racist is it??

please go on define the word racist. its considered one of the most over used word in society!

racism is discriminatory actions or words that are targeted towards specific groups of people, usually ethnic or religious based.

saying Turks are lucky may be generalistic but its not racist!

edit: oh and on subject a bit more:
there's a high percentage of people who buy silk get sosun because most players buy silk, or have bought so its very hard to say that your more likely to find a drop. however there has been a fair few non silk buyers who have had sosun drops too..

one thing i do believe is that some characters are more prone to drops than others.

reason being, i started up a noob char to get fairly high so he can pwr lvl at ongs, before he got to lvl 30 he had 3 sos drops and 1 som drop too. he also regularly gets +3/4 drops with blues etc. this may be huge luck and the fact he was lvling in the same area constantly for days on end so he is very prone to good drops but at the same time iv never experienced this with another char.
He didn't say Turks are lucky, he said you had "Turk Luck", you have to read between the lines. He is insinuating a derogatory statement by the attitude of which he wrote "Turk Luck", he is not saying Turks are luckier than other races. And he continues in his next post by saying OOO its rare that you can speak English because most Turks only know blah blah blah. Well this is phenomenal western mis-perceptions leading to racism. I am Turkish and I speak better English than 90% of America. People need to stop putting forward hate speech based on the ridiculous actions of certain people on the entire race. Hate speech like this is racism, no matter how you look at it or try to hide it.

Peace
Old 08/24/2008, 18:00   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror36 View Post
He didn't say Turks are lucky, he said you had "Turk Luck", you have to read between the lines. He is insinuating a derogatory statement by the attitude of which he wrote "Turk Luck", he is not saying Turks are luckier than other races. And he continues in his next post by saying OOO its rare that you can speak English because most Turks only know blah blah blah. Well this is phenomenal western mis-perceptions leading to racism. I am Turkish and I speak better English than 90% of America. People need to stop putting forward hate speech based on the ridiculous actions of certain people on the entire race. Hate speech like this is racism, no matter how you look at it or try to hide it.

Peace
yes you have to read between the lines but what he said is not racist what so ever. racism is discrimination towards a particular race. this isnt racism its what's called generalism.

for it to be racist it would have to be an insult!

where you say hate speech... please go away and grow up. i hate people like you who think the worlds against them. ok fair enough if he said something insulting towards turks in general, or any race for that matter then it would be a different story. but making it into something its not is wrong. if you wish to carry on the discussion pm me, this isnt the place for it,
Old 06/22/2009, 12:20   #48

Received Thanks: 1,161
I never had a SOX Drop and Im playing for 3 years.
Old 06/22/2009, 12:27   #49

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
#thread closed

do not bump old threads please
Closed Thread