Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 23:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Truth about Joymax ...

Discussion on The Truth about Joymax ... within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post The Truth about Joymax ...

"So anyways everyone has always suspected and have always nagged me from time to time. So it's my turn to come clean.

Recently you have come with the terms that Mary has once possessed the name morningdew. This is true. But it was stripped from her when she decided to leave Joymax (back in Sept). Since then I "Brian", aka "Employee A", aka "Silkypico" have taken over the role. But it was today which led my demise. Today I was fired for being a devoted employee to Joymax. For thirteen and a half months I have served you. Both positive and negative things have happened during the time period I was employed. But I always looked forward hoping that better things would happen for this game that I truly loved. Little did I know that the downfall would come to a brief end. I turned in my keys to the San Jose office and left with a smile on my face. Honestly, I could not be happier. I have made many friends, many enemies throughout the duration of my employment with Joymax. Today I will be leaving your community. Hopefully the next morningdew(s) will take care of you.

So far I have had 3 co-workers leave this company due to personal reasons. Most of them do not differ from my own. Sadly I still have friends that are dependent on this business. It will not be too long before everything will be set right.

Enjoy your game while it lasts. Cherish every minute of it. When it's over. Just never look back. " - Employee of JM (GM)
__________________________________________________ _____________

Botters make up 90% of the players in the game.
It is rare to find a non-silkbuying botter.
Bots = Buy silk with paypal.
To sell a service with paypal, you must be an approved merchant.
Joymax made 19million USD last year from paypal sales alone.

Paypal will cancel a merchant's service with them if they have too many conflicts (such as chargeback).

Imagine 20,000 of the 23million registered accounts on SRo charge back an average of $300 per account. That's about 6,000,000 USD loss for the company, and they would be canceled from paypal. The company has 247 employees with CA and Korea combined. That means ALL of their salaries would be gone. Comepletely gone.

Joymax makes 80% of their money every year from paypal.
80% - Paypal
15% - Other payment methods
5% - Promotions/Advertisment

Banning bots = paypal chargeback = company failure.

A GM was fired yesterday Horaay ^^. And this is what he had to say. It is sad how this game will never get rid of gold botters/ botters/ spammers, there is no hope for this shit game, even the GM's gave up on this game. This game will come to an end very soon. GL to everyone who is spendings $$ on this junk .

A typical Day for a GM:

"8:02AM - I wake up next to my gf.
8:49AM - Already late, starting to take a shower after ******
9:33AM - Leaving SF
10:42AM - Show up at the office 30 mins late
10:33AM - Make hot chocolate (no coffee for me)
10:35AM - Browse SRO homepage, all fansites. Log into all my car forums and myspace
10:37AM - Laugh at all the stupid shit going on
10:39AM - Laugh some more
12:36PM - Walk to the roach coach to buy my low fat- tuna fish sandwich
1:23PM - Read up on projects and do some actual work
2:46PM - Play SRO either on Poseidon or Athens as a level 80 Rogue thief alias *vivienne*
6:12PM - Submit daily report to help you as the players solve your issues
7:00PM - Leave and go home to my girl "

________________________________________________ _______________
Everything mentioned here is the TRUTH and only true. I know everyone will believe this and for those who says this is not true, loook deep in ur self and you know this is the truth you just do not want to believe it. Death to Joymax. GL all i will be seeing you all in Perfect World Maybe oneday .
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2008, 17:51   #2

yeah if it will ban botters JM Rip then all will go to csro and kill that server
Old 03/12/2008, 21:12   #3

that was already posted a while ago, just another copy of that.
Old 03/13/2008, 00:22   #4

sry but i dont know whas another like this i take from a site not from here sry xD
Old 03/14/2008, 08:51   #5

use "search" before posting
Old 03/14/2008, 12:02   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,729
yeah... down with JM.
the game is getting worse and worse... the first 1-2 years were really very funny.. i enjoyed paying sikroad with almost "populated" servers. maybe 1 or 2 botters per town, no goldbots,no spambots,no mass-bots.
it's a petty that the game turned on this..
i hope someone will get the server source/clone, and make it better than joymax.

would be ry cool to make a exp x300 server just for a little an-game or whatever
Old 03/14/2008, 12:38   #7

who cares about that
Old 03/17/2008, 07:04   #8

some old joymax news that shows what joymax as become ... banning from simple macro programs to alowing goldbotters to rulle the game

Quote:
Date : 3/22/2006
Hello. This is Silkroad Online.

Minority of the users using macro in Silkroad Online are being discovered.
Macro programs not only destroy game balance, but are also a factor that prevents the settlement of healthy game culture. Therefore users using macro programs that are found within the game will be punished severely.

Macro programs also harm PCs through viruses and are mainly responsible for problems regarding hacking.

For the settlement of a healthier game culture, please do not use macro programs. If users find any macro programs being widely spread throughout websites, please report through the use of bug report located under customer service.
Old 04/14/2008, 13:08   #9

anyone know where any of these GM live? or the address to the office at san jose? i live in SF San jose is like 15-20 mins drive from here and i'd would like to kidnapped one of the gm or something make him watch all the videos i've seen asking+killing gold botter then i'd point a gun to his head and say "will you stop the gold botting?" and if he says no pop! and if he says yes imma be like "you wouldnt just be saying that cuz i have a gun pointed at ur head now is it"
Old 04/14/2008, 13:19   #10

Quote:
anyone know where any of these GM live? or the address to the office at san jose? i live in SF San jose is like 15-20 mins drive from here and i'd would like to kidnapped one of the gm or something make him watch all the videos i've seen asking+killing gold botter then i'd point a gun to his head and say "will you stop the gold botting?" and if he says no pop! and if he says yes imma be like "you wouldnt just be saying that cuz i have a gun pointed at ur head now is it"
you are one crazy dude! you forgot to ask them nicely
Old 04/14/2008, 14:03   #11

Old 04/14/2008, 17:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Boner View Post
Are you a little dumb or so?
Big talking and thats it.
And GM havent anything to say, they are only low graded Workers and most of the time spambots xD
Old 06/02/2008, 12:01   #13

Joymax, you are *************.
YOU SUCK
AND not to forget : YOU ARE THE WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER SEEN.

sh*t, my keyboard has almost broken down
Old 06/02/2008, 18:39   #14

quit isro and join ecsro.
it's a lot more fun, almost no bots, lvl very fast, good drops and GM's are crazy (saturday Roc was spawned in tomb next to jangan)
Old 06/02/2008, 18:46   #15

Lol most of you Say That Silkroad Suxx.........but....why do u play this game then? haha that makes me laugh everytime when i see People getting Freaky bout Joymax and then play their game ^^