Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 13:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to patch any client into an English client

Discussion on [Guide] How to patch any client into an English client within the SRO Guides & Templates forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/09/2009, 20:55   #16

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 3,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dueben View Post
ok yea i see my mistake now i have one more question which should be it for me....When you do the part where you fill that whole hotkey area with NOPs what exactly do you have to select to fill it?
This image from the guide shows the bytes to select:

Once you have it all selected, which it'll be gray just like that image shows, you right click somewhere in the area, choose Binary, and then Fill with NOPs. This image from the guide shows that step:

That will fill the entire area with NOPs, so then you can just add the last bit of logic for the tutorial in that area. Refer back to the images at the end of the guide for reference on the last part you have to do.

It can be tricky at first, but once you get used to it, it'll be a lot easier with more practice on client updates. Good luck!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2009, 20:57   #17

elite*gold: 0
Yea i got it by the finished product pic...thanks a lot
Old 08/17/2009, 16:50   #18

elite*gold: 702
umm drew it's a lot easyer that i understood at first :P i only need to change the "JNZ" in the "ENGLISH" section to "NOP" and that's all :P when reading it first i tout i need to do more stuff but figured it out :P

for all that want to change TSRO v1.201 to English:

In the "English" Section find:
Code:
JNZ SHORT 006EA5D1
Just change to:

Code:
NOP
Old 08/17/2009, 22:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0sBG® View Post
umm drew it's a lot easyer that i understood at first :P i only need to change the "JNZ" in the "ENGLISH" section to "NOP" and that's all :P when reading it first i tout i need to do more stuff but figured it out :P
Have you actually tried spawning in game yet?

As I wrote in the guide, there are problems with trying to do it simpler as you are trying to. You need to do what the guide does in some shape or form. That includes fixing the language byte. Anything less and it doesn't actually work as you should see when you can't properly spawn in game since your spawn opcode is wrong.
Old 08/18/2009, 05:43   #20

elite*gold: 702
**** had to learn that the hard way I'll re-read the article again
Old 08/20/2009, 16:25   #21

Edit: Nevermind, forgot chaning CMP to MOV >.>
Old 08/31/2009, 15:27   #22

I was trying to make a swsro eng sro_client ( the latest ) , but i can`t fiind the GetGlobalData call ( like u got in the pic ) and i dunno where to search it , maybe u could give me a helping hint .......thanks
Old 09/01/2009, 05:39   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I was trying to make a swsro eng sro_client ( the latest ) , but i can`t fiind the GetGlobalData call ( like u got in the pic ) and i dunno where to search it , maybe u could give me a helping hint .......thanks
Did you use for swsro? Their client is even older so a bit different and you also have to make other patches to bypass the CRC checks still in the client. I don't have the latest version of swsro, but just try to follow that post as well as the original to get the addresses.
Old 09/01/2009, 06:40   #24

I did exactly like it says ( i think):
-Did the english and chinese thing ( )
-Used that call from CharSelect ( )
-Made the thing there ( )
-Made the CRC thing ( )
-And i get a big ugly param eror when i try to run it ( )
-If u could tell me where i did wrong i would apreaciate it very much ........thanks

Btw this is the original sro_client 2.21 for swsro ()
Old 09/01/2009, 08:26   #25

Might have missed this when readng the guide...

Quote:
This should be pretty safe to use for most Silkroad versions, but it might not work out fine on the ones with protections like cSRO and kSRO.
Old 09/01/2009, 18:54   #26

Hey drew, I have been talking with your in TSro today. Finally I found your guide and played around with my olly. The current TSro client version is not the same as yours in this guide, but it shouldn't matter actually.
This is your tut-client:

The current one:

So, there is a small difference in the end, you can see Call ESI, instead of CALL Near ESI.

In the end I did all changes noted in your tutorial (with new adresses), entered the world with english language. The problem is just with spawning, can't walk around, empty hp+mp bar and stuff like this. So I guess there is a problem with the huge amount of nop's in the current client version. Can you lead me in the right direction there?

Thanks in advance, whiterabbit.
Old 09/01/2009, 19:12   #27

ovidiu - I'll try to have a look later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteRabbit View Post
So, there is a small difference in the end, you can see Call ESI, instead of CALL Near ESI.
CALL ESI is the same as CALL NEAR ESI. It's just an OllyDbg setting that lables NEAR EIP changes (when the address operand is a byte and not a dword, more like an OllyDbg bug actually). I have a post somewhere that shows the Olly setting, but I can't find it atm.

Quote:
In the end I did all changes noted in your tutorial (with new adresses), entered the world with english language. The problem is just with spawning, can't walk around, empty hp+mp bar and stuff like this. So I guess there is a problem with the huge amount of nop's in the current client version. Can you lead me in the right direction there?
That means the spawn opcode was wrong, which is only caused by not using the language flag in the code you overwrite.

So first you NOP all that, then you have to add in the call as well as additional instruction to set the new language flag. That step can be seen in .

Once you add that call of the function and set the right language flag (2 for TSRO), you should spawn in game just fine. ISROs language flag of 4 causes the wrong spawn opcode to be used and will get you the "unspawned" condition.
Old 09/01/2009, 19:16   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhreaK™ View Post
Might have missed this when readng the guide...
Just to clarify now, it will work with no problems on all regular SROs, but any private SROs will have some issues at first due to their client being so old. In my edxSilkroadLoader, I have an auto-updating method that works for TSRO, ISRO (w/ unpacked client only), VSRO, CSRO, and KSRO (w/ unpacked client only). JSRO is not supported yet because I only got the client installer today (thanks Kazuya¹!), but the client is packed and it appears to want to load GameGuard, which doesn't work so nicely on Win7.

I did try SWSRO in the past, but I have to relook at their client now to see if it's the same or not. I don't really keep up with the private SROs and only recently started looking into other foreign language Silkroads.
Old 09/01/2009, 19:49   #29

Yea, still no success. Take a look what I've done:

Old 09/01/2009, 20:16   #30

Oh I see what it is, your CMP needs to be a MOV ^^. Subtle change!