Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 07:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Creating your own ingame Silkroad GUI

Discussion on [Guide] Creating your own ingame Silkroad GUI within the SRO Guides & Templates forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 01/21/2010, 14:00   #16

elite*gold: 0
@maxbot

Thanks for your reply. I will try this hook on some other game, and honestly, I don't doubt it'll work perfect on other games I belive it's GameGuard interfering with my hook in some way, but I can't figure out why.

I'll repost some results from other games.

Edit:

Can it be caused by having the cUI.Draw(); in other hooked functions? I've seen some hooks using it in the Present() function, while otherin EndScene() ? I use it in EndScene myself, mainly because I cannot seem to hook Present(). Once again, I belive it's GG stopping me.
Old 01/21/2010, 22:16   #17

I'm no D3D genius, but I believe that calling cUI.Draw() in Present() might slow down the application.
Old 01/22/2010, 11:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbot View Post
I'm no D3D genius, but I believe that calling cUI.Draw() in Present() might slow down the application.
Hi again maxbox.

Then I guess drawing my code in EndScene() is the better choice
I havn't been able to test the Hook.dll with any other game yet, just arrived at a friends house. But I will reply with some information regarding that soon.

I understand that you might not have the answer I seek, I just thought
it could be worth trying to ask

I don't belive it's your UI source (well, my translated version of it) that causes this. It's a good share of source, and I'll let you see the final version of my hook once it's done

Now, time to try to figure out why my UI turnes grayscale D;
Old 01/24/2010, 10:05   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ke View Post
Hi again maxbox.

Then I guess drawing my code in EndScene() is the better choice
I havn't been able to test the Hook.dll with any other game yet, just arrived at a friends house. But I will reply with some information regarding that soon.

I understand that you might not have the answer I seek, I just thought
it could be worth trying to ask

I don't belive it's your UI source (well, my translated version of it) that causes this. It's a good share of source, and I'll let you see the final version of my hook once it's done

Now, time to try to figure out why my UI turnes grayscale D;
Let me know if you got it working
Old 01/31/2010, 15:49   #20

Hello again maxbot.

I found out something strange. Depending on where I am in the gameworld, the UI changes color :P If I'm in town, it turns brown, but outside it fades over to gray/blue.

No idea what makes this, but it feels like it has something to do with some kind of colortable or something. D:

EDIT:
I also managed to hook the Present function, but ofcourse that didn't do any change at all. My UI still change color all randomly D;
Old 01/31/2010, 20:02   #21

tahnks it helps me
Old 01/31/2010, 21:08   #22

very impresive guide! :P
Old 03/01/2010, 02:49   #23

I'm definitely no DirectX expert, but that sounds like it might be due to the current device states. Try setting RenderState and TextureStageState to default values before you draw your UI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ke View Post
Hello again maxbot.

I found out something strange. Depending on where I am in the gameworld, the UI changes color :P If I'm in town, it turns brown, but outside it fades over to gray/blue.

No idea what makes this, but it feels like it has something to do with some kind of colortable or something. D:

EDIT:
I also managed to hook the Present function, but ofcourse that didn't do any change at all. My UI still change color all randomly D;
Old 03/03/2010, 11:32   #24

elite*gold: 20
nice btw like it but not gonna use it
Old 07/29/2018, 01:00   #25

elite*gold: 56
nice it helping me alot
Old 10/25/2018, 14:42   #26

elite*gold: 56
can you re upload the link please
Old 04/25/2019, 01:52   #27

elite*gold: 10
re upload link please