“But a Warlock can already heal itself. Why do I need Cleric skills?”
Even though Warlocks do have the ability to leech HP from other opponents, the HP gained is sometimes not enough to survive. Also, there are a variety of other Cleric skills that will play a very important role in both PvE and PvP.
“Warlocks hardly do any damage, except for that silly baby nuke!”
It’s true, Warlocks do not have many skills that cause a lot of damage. This is where “curses” and “de-buffers”come into play. These suckers can hurt- a lot!
I will teach you how and when to use these skills and how to survive in PvP- in most instances at least! (Hey, you’re not immortal!)
Only the skilled required for this build will be listed.
Mind Control Series- Passive
These passives highly increase damage done by curses, or the Dark Mentalist Series.
- Dark Seed: Increases Mag damage of Dark Mentalist attacks.
- Strap: Increases amount of time curses stay on enemy.
Dark Mentalist Series- Active
A Warlock’s bread n’ butter- curses! These skills cause “Damage Over Time” (or DoT), meaning that as long as these curses stay on your enemy, their HP will be reduces in small amounts over time until the curse leaves the victim. (Only 2 direct curses per enemy are allowed.)
- Blaze: DoT + burn.
- Toxin: DoT + Poisoned status.
- Decayed: DoT + Bleed status.
- Curse Breath: DoT + Dull Status.
- Dark Blaze: DoT + Burn Status up to 3 targets simultaneously.
- Toxin Invasion: DoT + Poison Status up to 3 targets simultaneously.
- Dark Decayed: Gives damage + Bleed status to 3 targets simultaneously.
- Dark Breath: Gives damage + Dull status to 3 targets simultaneously.
Raze Series- Active
De-buffers! Makes your life a little easier by weakening your opponent’s attacks and decreasing your opponent’s defense. Very important to have.
- Physical Raze: Gives Decayed status. Reduces physical defense.
- Magical Raze: Gives Weaken status. Reduces magical defense.
- Combat Raze: Gives Impotent status. Reduces damage made by enemy.
- Courage Raze: Gives Division status. Increases physical and magical damage done to opponent.
- Physical Ravage: Gives Decayed status to 3 targets simultaneously. Decreases physical defense.
- Magical Ravage: Gives Weaken status to 3 targets simultaneously. Decreases magical defense.
Bloody Swarm Series- Passive
Increases damage done by the Blood Series.
- Red Flower: Increases magical damage done by Blood Series attacks.
- Trap Booster: Increases damage done by traps in the Blood Series.
Blood Series- Active
These are your “baby nukes” and traps. Deals the most damage out of all your skills and should not be used carelessly.
- Blood Flower: First nuke. Damages a single target.
- Bloody Trap: Gives Hidden Status- a skull which explodes at a random time. (Between 3-20 seconds.) *Absolute Damage*
- Death Flower: Second nuke. Damages up to 3 targets simultaneously.
Soul Pressure Series- Active
This series contains your most important skill yet- stun! And more stun! Plus other skills too =)
- Daze: Stun! Cast this on enemies for 80% probability of stun. (It might as well be 95% because it hardly fails ;D )
- Illusion: Makes everyone have a different image of you, so you don’t look the same to anyone.
- Wrath Daze: More stun! Stuns 3 targets simultaneously.
- Shade Illusion: Same as Illusion, but allows higher level transformations.
Evil Swell- Passive
Increase attack damage for Cruel Spells Series.
- Bloody Aim: Increases amount of HP drained from opponent and damage caused when leeching HP.
Cruel Spell Series- Active
This series contains two very important Warlock skills : HP leeching and Warlock buffs.
- Vampire Touch: Leeches HP from a single target. Gives target Disease status.
- Shadow Armor: Creates a small floating dot around you that causes absolute damage to 3 targets around you simultaneously. *Absolute Damage*
- Scream Mask: Gives target a buff that will give Stun status (35% prob.) to anything that hits the target. (Cannot be used on self.)
- Reflect: Warlock Buff. Reflects certain amount of damage back to opponent. (35% probability)
- Vampire Kiss: Leeches HP from up to 5 surrounding targets. Gives Disease Status.
- Dusk Armor: Advanced version of Shadow Armor. Causes more absolute damage. *Absolute Damage*
- Advanced Reflect: Warlock Buff. Reflects back 90% of damage back to opponent. (35% probability)
Dim Haze Series- Active
Contains skills useful for disrupting an opponent’s attacks or reducing their healing capabilities.
- Slumber: Puts an opponent to sleep. Gives Sleep status to one target.
- Wheel Bind: Gives target an HP potion delay. Causes 5 second HP potion delay.
- Mirage: Reduces your aggro from up to 4 monsters around you. (Does not require a weapon)
- Deep Slumber: Puts 3 targets to sleep simultaneously.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Since we won’t be making Cleric our main build, we will not level many skills that a Cleric normally would (attacks, buffs, all passives, etc..). The only buffs that would stay on other players upon switching to Warlock Rod are physical and magical defense buffs. STR and INT buffs disappear as soon as a Cleric Rod is unequipped. Because of this, it’s best to save time and not get the extra SP. I like to call this, ‘The Selfish Cleric’. ;D
Divine Creed- Passive
Increases magical damage done by attacks in the Cardinal Praise Series and the Sacrifice Series. We will need this to boost damage on our Offering skill.
- Heavenly Rage: Increases damage done by attacks in the Cardinal Praise Series and the Sacrifice Series.
Mental Culture- Passive
Required passive for useful skills.
- Faith: increases amount of HP healed through healing spells.
Mortal Recovery- Active
Absolute Damage attacks that will aid in killing a target with high defense.
- Over Healing: Hits one target with an Absolute Damage attack. *Absolute Damage*
- Glut Healing: Hits up to 3 targets with an Absolute Damage attack. *Absolute Damage*
Recovery Series- Active
Thes skills will help in both PvP and PvE combat by restoring your HP.
- Healing Cycle: Heals certain amount of HP every second for 16 seconds.
- Healing Orbit: Heals greater amount of HP every second for 16 seconds.
Blessed Recovery Series- Active
VERY important set of skills for this build. Will help protect and replenish health when in battle.
- Bless Spell: Gives you and your party a huge increase in physical and magical defense.
- Recovery: Heals large amount of HP. Can be used on self and other targets.
- Recovery Division: Auto-pot in disguise! This skill will replenish your HP at random intervals.
- Group Recovery: Heals large amount of HP to you and your party.
- Holy Recovery: Heals great amount of HP. Can be used on self and other targets.
Glory Series- Passive
This series is not very important for this build, but it would be if you were making a Cleric. We will only max one passive in order to unlock other skills.
- Charity: A Cleric passive that increases stats when using stat increase buffs, and while using Light Armor + Cleric Rod. Useless for us.
Sacrifice Series- Active
Woohoo! The big daddy attacks. USE WITH CAUTION!
- Offering: HUGE damage , at the expense of 95% of your HP. Cannot be used if HP is lower than 95%. (1 minute cooldown)
- Pure Offering: Makes an even bigger mess while using the same 95% of your HP. (1 minute cooldown)
Saint Prayer Series- Active
VERY important cleric buffs. Can help in obtaining status immunity.
*If kept updated, you will be immune to all status effects around your level without the need of status reduce in jewelry. =)
- Holy Word: Helps build immunity by reducing status effect of various statuses. (Including freezing, burn, shock, etc.)
- Holy Spell: Reduces status effects at greater values at a time. Everyone in your party also receives this buff.
Equipment and Stat Distribution
Well, why not Light Armor, you ask? Simply put, nukes will damage you more than physical attacks will, and by increasing your magical defense through robes, you will last more in combat when fighting a nuker. Remember, you have a 15 second potion use delay, so you’re trying to get hit as least you can and as low as possible. Warlock skills are also a huge MP drain, and wearing robes will aid you by not consuming as much MP while using your skills.
Remember, Euro defense is very different than Chinese. A Chinese nuker is able to wear Light Armor (or Protector) because they do not have a pot delay, so while nukes may hit them hard their fast potting will replenish their health in about 1-3 seconds. A Euro Int, however, does have a pot delay and even though an Int character already has magical defense (because of INT stat distribution) a nuke will damage you slightly more in Light Armor making it difficult to regain full HP after getting nuked, while with Robes you will get hit for slightly less therefore be able to get full health faster from a single HP potion.
Warlock Rod and Cleric Rod. Pretty self- explanatory. =) Shield can be used with both, so it gives you extra protection.
Make sure both Warlock Rod and Cleric Rod have a high magical attack percent, preferable one above 50%. A higher percent means more damage and more HP healed with Cleric healing spells which heal extra amounts of HP depending on the magical % of the Cleric Rod.
The recommended stat point distribution for this build is being PURE INT. While a hybrid build may have more survivability, it sacrifices the extra power that could be used for faster killing.
This is definitely not a STR build, unless Warlock or Cleric are used as sub-masteries for a STR-based build. (To avoid any confusion) =)
FIRE WALL AND ICE WALL
There is a bug in the Fire Wall and Ice Wall skills that prevent any de-buffs from going through and affecting the opponent. It isn’t a very high danger but it can annoying at times when the opponent is aware of the bug.
- Fire Wall: Simply use your Warlock nukes and curses to destroy the wall. It is used to absorb magical damage so you will not encounter any troubles destroying it.
- Ice Wall: Since you have no physical attacks, it will be close to impossible to try destroy it- so don’t. If the opponent with Ice Wall has ranged attacks, simply leave their range so that they are forced to destroy the Ice Wall themselves in order to hit you. Your curses and nukes are still 100% fully functional but you will not be able to de-buff the opponent.
Scenarios and Strategies
There are many different techniques and combinations you can use to fight other players. Below is a list of a few useful techniques when fighting other Euro players.
A rogue stealths and you are alone standing. If it's a dagger rogue, there is a 99% chance that he/she will attack first with Prick. The skill is so slow that you have time to stun them in the middle of the animation. If you don't kill them before stun wears off, you probably won't win. If the rogue is using crossbow, just hope that they are dumb enough to appear close enough to you so you can stun them during their strongest attack. Luckily, most rogues are cocky so they will most likely be in range for a stun.
Against a wizard who is invisible, the strategy is pretty much the same. Wait until they appear and stun them. 2 DoTs and a nuke should bring them down. The only way you can lose is if you get affected by fear. Luckily, most wizards only care about big damage numbers and won't bother to level up fear much. Holy Ward will resist and you will win.
Against warriors, there is a 99% chance they will cast their buffs and rush you with Sprint Assault. While they are buffing, that is your chance to activate Reflect. If Sprint Assault stuns you, there is a 90% chance they will use their attack that consumes their HP(They will use regardless if stuns you or not). There isn't much you can do besides hope you block the hit(s) and survive. Hopefully you managed to inflict some damage unto them with Reflect. If Sprint Assault didn't stun you, stun them. Debuff them, cast 2 DoTs, and nuke. Be sure to use Vampire Touch during the fight in anticipation of a critical.
Against bards, stun and kill them.
Against other warlocks, play smart and fast. Be sure to stun them first or you may never have the chance to attack again..
Against clerics, they will most likely have Holy Word/Holy Spell maxed at their level so debuffs will be useless. Stun them and cast your DoTs so they will never be able to cast Offering. Nuke them until they are dead.
Euros with Cleric sub/ Chinese with Holy Word/Spell:
Even though they will most likely be immune to your de-buffs, they can still be cursed and nuked. Wheel Bind is still functional and will make your opponent die quicker. Use your stuns carefully because they’ll be your only method of interrupting attacks.
Against Chinese characters:
Strategies to fight Chinese characters is all the same- stun, debuff, curse, nuke, repeat. Interrupt their attacks with your stuns and sleep.
Finished..!! Have a Great Day all I hope i have Helped working on the ver with pictures this is the text ver i hope u like ^^ NoteAlso Credit Goes To Fug_Dup) as has work in this Guide