Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 11:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SRO Underground - Apply now or never!

Discussion on SRO Underground - Apply now or never! within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 12/05/2016, 10:01   #106

elite*gold: 0
There used to be many stuff in there,but everything was removed in 2009 if I remember correctly so only content added after 2009 is there atm.
Old 12/05/2016, 18:20   #107

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
As far as I remember it was InvincibleNoOb's idea to open that section. He started some tools himself and as my memory tells he cracked some bots too (He's onto reverse engineering) anyway the section now is dead as we can say sro is dead(debatable)nothing really going on there and I don't think people should keep applying to join.
(I was there because I was part of SRO moderation team and I was contributing ideas I actually started learning programming after joining the section not before)

I just request you guys close the application thread because it's meaningless.
Old 12/05/2016, 23:36   #108

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,648
nice to see you here^^
Old 12/07/2016, 03:20   #109

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolrko View Post
I just request you guys close the application thread because it's meaningless.
Basically, an inactive section could be easily revived if you want to, closing it is not a solution
I'll discuss this matter with Portal later ''maybe after Christmas''
Old 12/10/2016, 17:27   #110

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Basically, an inactive section could be easily revived if you want to, closing it is not a solution
There's nothing to discuss. People left. The end. I am against closing the section if it means deleting all the content.
Old 12/10/2016, 18:56   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
There's nothing to discuss. People left. The end. I am against closing the section if it means deleting all the content.
It's us who decide if there's a discussion about it or not, we will do whatever is necessary if we believe it's the right decision to bring this section activity back.
Old 12/10/2016, 22:32   #112
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,459
It actually is more of a decision I take, cuz Im the owner of the section. Im the one in charge of choosing people to join the section

anyway, the thread stays, anyone is free to join as long as they meet the requirements

Closing a section is ALSO an Admins decision , which is basically US asking the Admins to close the section

That being said, since the SRO Underground still has interesting content and that SRO is also an active section, I doubt this will happen at all
Old 12/10/2016, 22:43   #113

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
It's us who decide if there's a discussion about it or not, we will do whatever is necessary if we believe it's the right decision to bring this section activity back.
Nah it's not, unless you want to turn it into a hidden section where mods can talk. *cough* Moving on, there's nothing to discuss as I and other people before me have said. People left. People who used to contribute left. Silkroad doesn't have any juice left to be discovered WHICH is why people left in the first place. The whole community of "developers" are focused on the psrv scene excluding a few of them who aren't even planning on sharing stuff at the underground section because of the recent addition of users who shouldn't be there and who would, without a doubt, leak the content to the public/other forums. How do you increase the activity of a mostly dev-focused section when not even you nor any if the current sro mods have anything to do with sro development? I can count people who would barely share anything useful on one hand. And let's be honest, those people wouldn't want to share stuff there since the community is going downhill since years. Wanna bring activity back? Sure, start teaching ppl everything about sro so they can contribute. Oh wait, you can't.. I just want you to get real, a dead section is a dead section, unless people who left years ago all suddenly decide to get back to the scene.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/11/2016, 11:44   #114

Quote:
Nah it's not, unless you want to turn it into a hidden section where mods can talk. *cough* Moving on, there's nothing to discuss as I and other people before me have said. People left. People who used to contribute left.
One more time you're mistaken, it has nothing to do about you or those who left the group/community. The group is still and will still accept users with the experiences/skills needed, people like them do exist they don't need to make a name for themselves to join the group, but apparently it's not necessary to bring this up here or to brag about it. I believe i made myself clear regarding that part.

Quote:
Silkroad doesn't have any juice left to be discovered WHICH is why people left in the first place
Just scroll back few pages..

Quote:
Wanna bring activity back? Sure, start teaching ppl everything about sro so they can contribute. Oh wait, you can't.. I just want you to get real, a dead section is a dead section, unless people who left years ago all suddenly decide to get back to the scene.
That's not how you deal with such a case here, you barely know how the section was back in those days.
It was indeed inactive for more than 5 ~ 6 years, so either we do something rather than standing in spectator position.
So that's it, Personally, I'll bring this subject to the administrators (one of them, indeed had a background about it) anytime soon or after Christmas !

Please don't continue with this subject anymore, basically it's for applicants

Regards,
Old 12/24/2016, 01:29   #115

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkoplata View Post
nice to see you here^^
Thanks mate, you too.
Quote:
I never said close the section, I said close the application to the section because people keep applying and none is in charge at the moment. Experienced developers left and none is interested in developing for a dead game. Only phbot and Sbot are maintaining their crowd because they are getting paid that's all.

Quote:
I never said close it. I said close apps to it because it's meaningless honestly. none is interested anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
It actually is more of a decision I take, cuz Im the owner of the section. Im the one in charge of choosing people to join the section

anyway, the thread stays, anyone is free to join as long as they meet the requirements

Closing a section is ALSO an Admins decision , which is basically US asking the Admins to close the section

That being said, since the SRO Underground still has interesting content and that SRO is also an active section, I doubt this will happen at all

Bro you're saying that as if you own half of joymax's shares or something. I advise you to look at the section one more time and tell me what's interesting there?
Old 08/19/2017, 13:18   #116

elite*gold: 0
well i will see
Old 08/07/2018, 14:41   #117

elite*gold: 20
No idea what is released there and whether the inventory is already publicly available but am curious to at least see the list.
Old 08/07/2018, 19:46   #118

elite*gold: 80
Its this "underground" still alive ? about the "test" Coding a bot where is logged in to the Server is much easy at this times ( much released public **** ) just copy pasta so whats the real requirements ?

Skills : ue4 / c# / java / php html css javascript / sql / reverse engineering / and some other ****
Old 08/08/2018, 09:02   #119
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,372
Underground is dead
Thanks
1 User