Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 00:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how to start coding for silkroad & what is the prober language fo sro coding ?

Discussion on how to start coding for silkroad & what is the prober language fo sro coding ? within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation how to start coding for silkroad & what is the prober language fo sro coding ?

Hi guyes ,, im a programmer but i dont know how to program any thing for silkroad however i dont wanna to create something big so far ,, if i started to code a project that will start the game via sro client not the game launcher i wont finish it because i have no idea about what should i do

i checked this topic but i dont found what im looking for ,, i wanna start from 0 ,, wanna tutorials for the beginners sro coders ( not programming just sro coding )

then what is the best language for creating silkroad programs ? (dont say auto it even if it is :'D ,, i done like scripts languages)

thanks for paying attention ,, bye.
Old 11/04/2014, 13:25   #2

Silkroad Programs?
Anything can do but you might want to take a look at C# and/or C++.
If you don't have a way in programming, try to learn what OOP (Object Orientated Programming) is and read small tutorials, keep playing with it and try new things and you'll see you'll get better.
Reading only won't help you any further, you have to touch it and use it too.

Just what my experience tells me
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2014, 17:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
Silkroad Programs?
Anything can do but you might want to take a look at C# and/or C++.
If you don't have a way in programming, try to learn what OOP (Object Orientated Programming) is and read small tutorials, keep playing with it and try new things and you'll see you'll get better.
Reading only won't help you any further, you have to touch it and use it too.

Just what my experience tells me
what tutorials should i read ? OOP tutorials has nothing to do with silkroad , its just a part of the game (sro coding) do you mean tutorials about packets and that things ? where could i get a zero-level-tutorials about it ? when i say zero i mean it
Old 11/04/2014, 18:03   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoelgm View Post
what tutorials should i read ? OOP tutorials has nothing to do with silkroad , its just a part of the game (sro coding) do you mean tutorials about packets and that things ? where could i get a zero-level-tutorials about it ? when i say zero i mean it
Take a look at emulator source codes and Play with them, thats How you can start.
Old 11/04/2014, 21:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
Take a look at emulator source codes and Play with them, thats How you can start.
do you mean this ?

this is a vb6 source code , i wont be able to understand it ,, would you mind giving me any simple source code in c# or c++ ?
Old 11/04/2014, 22:42   #6

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Programming is programming, pick a language you like most and learn it. Also learning just to create some nub sro tool is worthless, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 11/04/2014, 22:54   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
Also learning just to create some nub sro tool is worthless.
learning to just learning is worthless.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/04/2014, 22:56   #8

Quote:
learning to just learning is worthless.
No, it's not, I learn just in case I may need that'what I learnt' one day, learning no matter what is absolutely a good thing, beside if I can learn, then I will.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2014, 23:35   #9

Quote:
Programming is programming, pick a language you like most and learn it. Also learning just to create some nub sro tool is worthless, I wouldn't recommend it.
what do you mean with "pick a language and learn it" ? im already a programmer but i still cant create sro apps ,, im not asking for general programming tutorials ,, i just wanna those which will tech me how to deal with sro packets ana what is the packet and how could i get it etc.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2014, 05:09   #10

Read this :

It helped me alot.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/05/2014, 07:27   #11

Quote:
No, it's not, I learn just in case I may need that'what I learnt' one day, learning no matter what is absolutely a good thing, beside if I can learn, then I will.
And what wil you learn hello World? Its always way better to learn in order to do something otherwise you will learn nothing Or you will get bored by just making exercises. Anyway thread starter is agree with you so i suggest to him to buy a book and start learning **** which he will forget faster than he learn it. I am programmer almost 10 years and i know what i am talking about.

To thread starter, if you want to learn something Take vb6 sroemu First next Take xsense c# emu and when you will understand it you will be capable to code something by yourself.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2014, 14:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
Read this :

It helped me alot.
Also Drew's Development Series are so cool and helpful.
Look at them aswell.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/06/2014, 03:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
Read this :

It helped me alot.
thanks a lot dude
Old 11/06/2014, 09:15   #14

Quote:
To thread starter, if you want to learn something Take vb6 sroemu First next Take xsense c# emu and when you will understand it you will be capable to code something by yourself.
Why the **** would he look at a vb6 emulator???????
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/07/2014, 00:47   #15

Quote:
And what wil you learn hello World? Its always way better to learn in order to do something otherwise you will learn nothing Or you will get bored by just making exercises. Anyway thread starter is agree with you so i suggest to him to buy a book and start learning **** which he will forget faster than he learn it. I am programmer almost 10 years and i know what i am talking about.

i dont agree with him dude ,, learning to just learning is too worthless i agree with in this case "when we talk about learning programming" because programming allows you to create apps that you have learn programming specially to be able to create so if you learn it and stop learning is this case will be worthless but what if we talk about learning cocking :'D ? thats will not be worthless even if i will not cook after learning as i don have to **** while my mum is home :'D