Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 18:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] Map.pk editing

Discussion on [Request] Map.pk editing within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request] Map.pk editing

I wanted to ask if anybody can make quick tutorial about map editing. For example to add unique spawn places etc. I read some guides about pk editing but i havent found chapter about map. There are weapon glows, changing pet skin or skills but no map
I've already tried to edit it on my own but it always ended in crash.

Or maybe such a guide already exists? If yes, please gimme a link,
Thanx in advice
Old 08/23/2009, 11:43   #2

You can't add unique spawn points in map.pk2 thats the map from the minimap. The map you mean in media.pk2.
Old 08/23/2009, 16:18   #3

for glow and change degree of weapon and armour i know....but with uniques isn't
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/23/2009, 16:54   #4

i don't know if there is a guide but i know where these files are
well i use drew's pk2 tools because they are very easy to use

step 1. launch the pk2 extractor and open the media.pk2
step 2. click on extract all (it's a lot of work to extract 521 files)
step 3. go to the media map (it's at the same place as the pk2extractor and pk2editor) and go to interface -> worldmap. All those files are the complete silkroad map:P
step 4. download a ddj converter you can find more info about how it's works at this site
step 5. when you've changed all those files to dds you have to open it with paint.net or photoshop or something like that.
step 6. find the right picture and put the spawn places on the map
step 7. open the pk2 editor open the media.pk2 file and click on select file chose the files that you've edited and import them.

i hope it works^^
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/23/2009, 19:20   #5

many thx for help
but i already have some problems..
i'm importing file to media.pk2 and editor says it is succesful, but when i extract same media to check if this file was really replaced it showes me ablosutely pure non edited file...maybe i need to import it twice in two different places? cuz when i extract interface i have same files in wordlmap/ and in worldmap/map...
Old 08/23/2009, 19:33   #6

owh sorry i forgot one thing XD when you've edited the files you have to convert them again to dds and then you have to import them

sorry:P
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/23/2009, 22:09   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvbmaster View Post
owh sorry i forgot one thing XD when you've edited the files you have to convert them again to dds and then you have to import them

sorry:P
i know : it wasnt too hard to predict, but it's still not working even after making it back to ddj and importing to media.pk2. Importing is succesful (editor writes so) but when i dissassemble this media again my maps which were edited before, are now clean
maybe it's because i'm making import manually
automatic isnt working cuz there are more than 1 file with same name in media..
but i think my manual import is succesful if editor says that
i dont know where the problem can be...
Old 03/23/2013, 00:37   #8

elite*gold: 20
After several years , I am trying to solve the same issue. I really guess it is something to do with the photoshop that it doesn't modify the correct layer or something.. Still looking for a solution to this.

Solution: When you extract the files from the media.pk2 make sure you are editing the correct ddj files. Because there are duplicate files inside and if you edit the passive one nothing changes even if you do everything correct.
Example : 122x93 and 101x93 are same and you have to edit 122x93 . I hope this helps somebody before the issue freaks him her out!