Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New to SRO

Discussion on New to SRO within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New to SRO

Well I know this isn't much of a question, but Im starting out SRO, so any tips on anything, like classes/jobs etc.?
Old 03/16/2008, 18:15   #2

ufff really really hard to explain. my opinion is chinese chars are the best and europe suxx. if you going to play without bot you should choose a europe char if you going to bot you should choose a chinese char :P
i prefer pure str glavie or pure str bow i have experience in this 2 builds if you have any questions to this builds feel free to ask me.
but i think you should try out some builds like till lvl 15 or something maybe then you know what char you wanna be.

look here
STR and INT

on SilkRoad there are 2 basic builds to look into the first is full STR witch will make your character max out its HP, physical attack, and physical defence. Second is full INT you max out your MP, magic attack and magic defence. Once you pick your build stick with it all the way. adding INT to a full STR will weaken your character and vise versa

FULL STR

if you want to be full STR or TANKERS as people call them you must put all your Stat points on STR. Also use garment for your character. you will not need the extra physical defence of armor and the MP percent reduce will help with your low MP. without magic to back up your attacks your power will be low but with your high HP it will be hard for monsters to kill you. building STR characters is fun and easy at beginning levels but the low attack will slow down your grinding at higher levels. If you are a silk buyer then you may want to get a repair hammer. You will find your equipment running out of durability faster than you run out of potions

FULL INT

to be full INT or NUKERS as people call them, put all stat points on INT. Armor is best for this build to defend your low HP and low physical defence. Full INT players focus on their powerful attacks to kill monsters fast before taking too much damage. building a full INT will be hard at low levels do to your low HP, but after level 30 you will get to use your nuke skills and attack at a distance allowing you to grind easier and level faster. If you are a silk buyer then you may want to buy the 1000 MP potions. Even with the max MP you will find yourself burning trough MP potions fast.

HYBRIDS

hybrids are players who mix INT and STR together, there are 3 types and only one is good in the long run

HYBRID type 1
INT 50 / STR 50

going fifty fifty on STR and INT is some thing new players do often. This is a short term gain long term loss, this build is only recommended for new players who want to try out all the skills and weapons available to silkroad and then starting over with a new character once they decide on what weapon and skills they like. this is also a good build for those who dont spend much time playing because they are too busy with their lives

HYBRID type 2
INT 20 / STR 80

STR players give up some HP and attack power for more MP so they can use more skills. BAD IDEA this will create a weak character that will leave you frustrated with how often you get killed

HYBRID type 3
INT 80 / SRT 20

INT players give up some attack power for extra HP. difficult to make yet if you find the right balance for your character you can make a strong character. Not recommended for players new to the game

Chose your weapon

BLADE

possibly the weakest weapon on silkroad but is ideal for full STR. A one handed weapon allows you to carry a shield witch will help defend your HP and as a full STR this will make your character a real Die Hard Tanker. you can spend hours grinding on monsters and not have to worry about stocking up on HP potions. However you will find your self returning to town to repair your blade. be on the look out for a tab of mastery to make a stone that will increase the durability on your blade

GlAVIE

well balanced weapon for full STR users. It is a two handed weapon so you can not use a shield but with your high HP and physical defence as a full STR you can afford to go with out the shield for the extra attack power. Like the blade you will find your self needing repair more often then healing your self so try to upgrade it with a stone of master when you can

SWORD

well balanced weapon for full INT users. the use of a shield will help protect your low HP and weak physical defence. Due to the high magical attack of the sword you will use nuke skills more often than the sword skills. Because of this your sword durability will not go down as fast as the blade or glavie. You will only need to go to town to refill your MP potions.

SPEAR

strongest weapon in silkroad and ideal for full INT players. With your nuke skills backed up with your spears max magical attack power you will be able to 1 hit KO most monsters for your level. but this only works if you fight monsters 1 on 1. without the shield to protect your low HP you are vulnerable to getting swarmed by monsters. when this happens it is best to run away till the monsters split up so you can pick them off one at a time. A full INT with spear may make you a god among the monsters but there is great risk in PvP. beware of full STR and blade users, with their high HP and blocking ability they usually survive your first strike allowing them to hack off your low HP before you are able to charge up the next nuke. to help prevent blocking used by shields use a Stone of Discipline on your spear for block parry ratio

BOW

many people ague whether this weapon is good for full INT of STR. truth is they are both right. It depends on the level of your character. at low levels it is ideal for full INT users than switch to sword or spear at level 30
as full STR best to use blade or glavie first and switch to bow at level 31. be sure to stock up on cursed hearts to transfer the SP when you switch weapons

what skills are good for you?

choosing your skills depend on the build and weapons of your character

BICHEON Swordmanship

as full STR with blade you will need this to be your primary skill tree. as full INT with sword only a small amount of skills are needed for most of your attacks will come from the force skills. The passive skill is a must for full INT for it will help you block attacks

HEUKALl Spearmanship

as full STR with Glavie this is your primary skill tree. Full INT users with the spear will probably never use these skills after they learn the nuke skills at level 30. the passive skill is a must for full INT users to add the extra HP

PACHEON Bowmanship

weather your full INT or STR you will need all of these skills if you are a bow user

COLD Force Mastery

weakest magic attack making it good for full STR users. the added effect of slowing your enemy down or freezing them all together makes it ideal for bow users. as full INT you should make this your secondary force skill tree to take advantage of the frost guard and cold armor skills

LIGHTNING Force Mastery

strong magic attack with the ability to attack multiple enemies. with the exception of the nuke at level 30 the extra attack caused by the thunder force is very low so it is only good for getting a monsters attention making this useful for blade users. a lot of players regardless of build like to use this as their secondary skill tree for the Piercing Force skills and Wind Walk skills

FIRE force Mastery

strongest magic attack for both STR and INT. the Flame Wave skills are most popular for the full INT users. full STR should make this secondary to use the Flame Body Skills, Fire Protection Skills, and Flame Devil Force Skills

FORCE Power Mastery

best if you like to help support other characters as a healer. Ideal for full STR characters

thats just the chinese chars. best ones i think

PS:taken from

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestingXD View Post
wow, thank you all for taking the time to explain the basics to me.appreciated
np dude
im just really happy that you posted your question in the right section the most of the news guys dont do that :P
~peace
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/16/2008, 18:38   #3

You'll have to chose between a few things first:

1.Hit very much & Die very often (Euro Full Int)
2.Hit much & Die often (Euro Full Str/Chinese Full Int)
3.Hit less & Rarely die (Chinese Full Str)

For Option 1 the best classes are:
Wizard & Cleric/Bard (Very populair these times, nearly hits the most also)
Warlock & Cleric/Bard (Less populair, but warlocks can still do some decent damage and give rare status')

For Option 2 the best classis are:
Warrior & Cleric/Bard (Choose between Two Handed sword, One handed Sword, Double Axes if you choose Warrior)
Rogue & Cleric/Bard (Choose between Crossbow and Daggers if you choose Rogue, I prefer Xbow)

I don't know alot about Chinese builds, I will only tell the basic info, because I don't want to distract you and make you choose the wrong build.

Heuksal = Spear(Full Int)/Glavie(Full Str)
Bicheon = Blade (Full Str)/Sword(Full Int)
Pacheon = Bow (Full Str/Full Int, alot of people choose hybrid for pacheon, that means you spread your points between INT and STR)

You might have heard of people about 'nuke accounts'. Nukes are people who only level Force classes, such as Ice/Lightning/Fire.

Fire hits the most, Ice is a more defensive skill and Lightning an accuracy skill.
If you want to nuke, you'll only have to level Force classes, which can be frustrating untill lvl 30, because you don't get a real offensive spell.

Main Difference between Europe and Chinese:
Europe has potion use delay, which means that if you have used a HP potion, you'll have to wait 14(?) seconds before using another. Chinese only has 2(?) seconds.
Europe hits alot more, as Euro you're expected to kill someone in 1 hit.

This is all I've got to tell you now.
Oh and the most important:
STR = You get more HP, and you get slightly more defence
INT = You get more MP, and you earn slightly more SP (Which you use to buy skills) and you run a little faster.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/16/2008, 18:46   #4

wow, thank you all for taking the time to explain the basics to me.appreciated
Old 03/16/2008, 20:08   #5

No problem, I like to help new people, because when I started with SRO I didn't had anyone to ask my questions. I had to make a new character 4 times before I finally had a decent character with the best build. So if you have anymore questions; just ask =).
Old 03/16/2008, 22:52   #6

lol nice guides...
Old 03/17/2008, 01:20   #7

yea, sticky material? lol i vote for sticky!!
Old 03/17/2008, 10:33   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieterr View Post
You'll have to chose between a few things first:

1.Hit very much & Die very often (Euro Full Int)
2.Hit much & Die often (Euro Full Str/Chinese Full Int)
3.Hit less & Rarely die (Chinese Full Str)

For Option 1 the best classes are:
Wizard & Cleric/Bard (Very populair these times, nearly hits the most also)
Warlock & Cleric/Bard (Less populair, but warlocks can still do some decent damage and give rare status')

For Option 2 the best classis are:
Warrior & Cleric/Bard (Choose between Two Handed sword, One handed Sword, Double Axes if you choose Warrior)
Rogue & Cleric/Bard (Choose between Crossbow and Daggers if you choose Rogue, I prefer Xbow)

I don't know alot about Chinese builds, I will only tell the basic info, because I don't want to distract you and make you choose the wrong build.

Heuksal = Spear(Full Int)/Glavie(Full Str)
Bicheon = Blade (Full Str)/Sword(Full Int)
Pacheon = Bow (Full Str/Full Int, alot of people choose hybrid for pacheon, that means you spread your points between INT and STR)

You might have heard of people about 'nuke accounts'. Nukes are people who only level Force classes, such as Ice/Lightning/Fire.

Fire hits the most, Ice is a more defensive skill and Lightning an accuracy skill.
If you want to nuke, you'll only have to level Force classes, which can be frustrating untill lvl 30, because you don't get a real offensive spell.

Main Difference between Europe and Chinese:
Europe has potion use delay, which means that if you have used a HP potion, you'll have to wait 14(?) seconds before using another. Chinese only has 2(?) seconds.
Europe hits alot more, as Euro you're expected to kill someone in 1 hit.

This is all I've got to tell you now.
Oh and the most important:
STR = You get more HP, and you get slightly more defence
INT = You get more MP, and you earn slightly more SP (Which you use to buy skills) and you run a little faster.
although you are correct there are a few things to add.

str = more hp more PHY defense more PHY attack your hp pots heal more
int = more mp more MAG defense more MAG attack your mp pots heal more
YOU DONT EARN SLIGHTLY MORE SP! as in 1 kill = more sp but you probably can SP FARM faster due to your killrate (kills per minute)

light is a magical damage increase buff, it has moving speed and one of the most important things parry ratio.
Old 03/17/2008, 20:05   #9

Ok I have a few questions, which can easilly be answered on the Official SR forums, but I trust you guys more lol.

1. Is it only Chinese wizards that can use Sword b/c im Euro wiz and cannot cast spells w/ sword/shield. An I die really often as a Full INT Euro wiz so i was hoping sword/shield would help a bit.

2. Is there a macro or shortcut key i can use to switch weapons quicker? Instead of opening the inventroy and dragging weapon. I searched this and there was a thread about it, but the thread was un- answered.

Well thnx in advance for all your help. really appreciate it.

P.S This seems to be a great MMO, only thing i dislike so far is the Log in. I need to try atleast 20+ times( sometimes alot more) to log in before it succesfully logs me in Any suggestions?
Old 03/21/2008, 15:42   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestingXD View Post
Ok I have a few questions, which can easilly be answered on the Official SR forums, but I trust you guys more lol.

1. Is it only Chinese wizards that can use Sword b/c im Euro wiz and cannot cast spells w/ sword/shield. An I die really often as a Full INT Euro wiz so i was hoping sword/shield would help a bit.

2. Is there a macro or shortcut key i can use to switch weapons quicker? Instead of opening the inventroy and dragging weapon. I searched this and there was a thread about it, but the thread was un- answered.

Well thnx in advance for all your help. really appreciate it.

P.S This seems to be a great MMO, only thing i dislike so far is the Log in. I need to try atleast 20+ times( sometimes alot more) to log in before it succesfully logs me in Any suggestions?
1. Chinese wizards don't actually exist, however you prolly mean 'nukers' which I explained in my post. Nukers often use Sword & Shield because a sword has a high magical attack and a shield is a good extra defence (because youre full int, you dont have alot of hp).

Euro sword hasnt got any magical spells, its for phy attack only. So if you do want to be an Euro Warrior (Sword) You should get full strenght.

2. Just drag your weapon into one of the quickslots at the bottom (You can press F1-F2-F3-F4 for new rows of slots if the first one is full). And then, if it is in slot 1 for example, just press '1' to wear it. You can also use the extra quickslots which are at the right side of your screen, it operates the same way besides you have to press Space+1 (for slot 1) Space+2 (For slot 2) etc..

Oh and you might have noticed that theyve banned alot of bots a few days ago, so it should be easier to login now. If not, try to download GreFoX's noDC client ()

Good Luck!
Old 01/30/2009, 09:00   #11

how do you use the SP to buy silk? This my question
Old 01/30/2009, 09:37   #12

Use SP to buy silk? Thats not possible. Skillpoints are for your skills, you can only buy silk with real money.
Old 01/30/2009, 09:40   #13

nice post patty i like it is good for newbie, u have my thanks
Old 02/01/2009, 12:14   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkdemol View Post
although you are correct there are a few things to add.

str = more hp more PHY defense more PHY attack your hp pots heal more
int = more mp more MAG defense more MAG attack your mp pots heal more
YOU DONT EARN SLIGHTLY MORE SP! as in 1 kill = more sp but you probably can SP FARM faster due to your killrate (kills per minute)

light is a magical damage increase buff, it has moving speed and one of the most important things parry ratio.

ok i mean how you use your SP to buy stuff online
Old 02/01/2009, 12:16   #15

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost153 View Post
ok i mean how you use your SP to buy stuff online
YOU CANT BUY THINGS WITH SP!
Closed Thread