Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 11:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

are bots destroyin SRO??

Discussion on are bots destroyin SRO?? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 07/31/2008, 18:14   #16

elite*gold: 0
I think that Joymax should do something about the Gold botters, they are all the same, and they follow the same spots to npc's. If a GM just stood there and watched he would see 10 bots go on top of each other in game, thats how you know who to ban, but they won't do anything about because they must be in on it to an extent, otherwise you wouldn't see any gold botters. And the fact that there names are always like hggydk, hdddhhf, ityssyy, like seriously, how do they NOT catch on to that?

Good botters, are people like you and me, we go in game, watch our bot play from time to time to see what we got, and when we are high enough, we play on our own to do PVP etc.. But those **** gold bots do ruin the game, but I gotta hand it to them, I would be doing the same thing if I had what they are using. So I guess in a way I am just as bad, only I would constantly be checking on my guys. And come to think of it, how are they bad, when we pretty much ALL buy gold from a site..... I know I do. last gold I bought was 1 bil and it was $220, not bad.

So all in all I blame Joymax for not being there for its players, and collecting on the silk purchases, and your screwed if you lose your password or forget your secret answer..
Old 07/31/2008, 18:20   #17

bad thing is Gm's are to lazy to get off their butts and do anything

and gold bots and stallers are the problem

i bot, but im always there watching and chatting
gold bots are just money makers

i agree with mass mods

and i believe that joymax is allowing the botting and getting a percentage of the bot websites income...in exchange for full imunity from bans and anti-botting updates

i always see name ghvusiaoe or even beeter when you have a group like bot001, bot002, bot003, bot004, etc.
Old 07/31/2008, 18:29   #18

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Mods View Post
I think that Joymax should do something about the Gold botters, they are all the same, and they follow the same spots to npc's. If a GM just stood there and watched he would see 10 bots go on top of each other in game, thats how you know who to ban, but they won't do anything about because they must be in on it to an extent, otherwise you wouldn't see any gold botters. And the fact that there names are always like hggydk, hdddhhf, ityssyy, like seriously, how do they NOT catch on to that?

Good botters, are people like you and me, we go in game, watch our bot play from time to time to see what we got, and when we are high enough, we play on our own to do PVP etc.. But those damn gold bots do ruin the game, but I gotta hand it to them, I would be doing the same thing if I had what they are using. So I guess in a way I am just as bad, only I would constantly be checking on my guys. And come to think of it, how are they bad, when we pretty much ALL buy gold from a site..... I know I do. last gold I bought was 1 bil and it was $220, not bad.

So all in all I blame Joymax for not being there for its players, and collecting on the silk purchases, and your screwed if you lose your password or forget your secret answer..
my comment to that is that Joymax is already banning massive amounts of goldbots (about 1000-3000 a month on one server)...that is indeed not every goldbot but I think most or a big part of them get banned. This is reflected by the server traffic which goes down after every ban. The proof for that: Do u see many goldbots running around in Hotan? I do not. Half a year ago I would have said the same but for me Joymax has changed methods which is good. But to the question I have to say that goldbots indeed corrupt the game if they do not get banned. Players bots dont disturb me.
Old 07/31/2008, 18:32   #19

Yeah I agree that there is way too many stallers in hotan I have a crazy fast PC and sometimes it even takes me a min.
Old 07/31/2008, 18:47   #20

oh ya...i have a quad core and one of the best graphic cards and it is still a little laggy...
but gold bots are worse in downwang and jangyang
Old 08/01/2008, 09:12   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCronicLe View Post
i hope they make own servers for the botters and servers for the best players, the fair players
Roflcoptor.
Nice job stealing your ava and sig from people on srf, gtfo.

Bot's ARE killing sro, your either part of the problem or part of the solution.
Old 08/01/2008, 20:54   #22

Player Bots aren't killing sro, but those goldbots do. -.-
Old 08/01/2008, 21:22   #23

if u are a gold bot or a player ho just uses a bot is the same think the only think is the gold bots make money from it for example my union master has 3 hight lvl chars, one lvl 90 and 2 lvl 85 and not once grind bye hand , and it also pises the hell of me when i see all those turks boters whit +9 wepons and trying to sell their sun drops deg9.................
Old 08/01/2008, 23:23   #24

Bots are a useful tool. Personally I played legit from 1-58 but after that I found that it took weeks of hardcore playing just to get 1 lvl. This fact cause the game to lose its luster for me and for many other players. What botting has allowed me to do is have a life and still have fun with SRO. I can run the bot while I am in bed and then get up and do some REAL gaming.

In short bots may ruin the game for the stubborn players that hate bots but for many it provides further enjoyment for those that like having a life outside of the game. Honestly how fun is grinding through 10k devil eyes by hand or doing it over night and thieving the next day?
Old 08/02/2008, 01:49   #25

ya true with everyone else its the gold botters with the clientless and spamming its the goldbotters thats on 24/7
Old 08/02/2008, 02:39   #26

My lvl 66 char got banned on July 15. I never bought silk on that char. I never botted him. I only used him to stall items. So u might as well bot and buy silk cuz Joymax doesnt care as long as they r making money. If u want to play an almost bot free game.....go play WOW.
Old 08/02/2008, 22:33   #27

Well put Worm. You get what you pay for. I have botted my toon through a few bans and have yet to be banned. I attribute this to the fact that I have bought silk many times and still have silk items in my inventory. The bottom line is that JM only cares about making money, as would any business. They ban to make the non botters happy but they turn a blind eye to silk buying bots.

I also agree it is the gold bots that are the problem. I have taken part in many bot hunts south of DW where there is a wall of bots headed into the canyon for gold. Hell there are so many in HT that I cant even port in w/o DCing. And forget about having a convo in a city because of the mas spam from the gold services.

All in all that is the bot issue. Ban those and let the rest play. personally I think you should get a bot quest at lvl 60 that allows you 4 hrs a day of bot time once you finish the quest. Hell make it a premium quest.
Old 08/03/2008, 03:51   #28

or else they could sell bot hours
Old 08/09/2008, 02:13   #29

the poor in this game there isnt the bots, the poor are the hakers, they destroy all. i leave this game i dont play it for a noob that dont know lvlup only know f....k. We need a free play dont worry for hakers. Haker = Suck
Old 08/09/2008, 02:35   #30

Botting is the only way to roll