Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Smartphones
You last visited: Today at 20:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy Ace - Releasing Memory

Discussion on Samsung Galaxy Ace - Releasing Memory within the Smartphones forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,976
Samsung Galaxy Ace - Releasing Memory

Hi everyone, I am searching for some help on something which seems not to be that hard to do, yet I haven't been able to do.

Basically, I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace, and this phone has a really low amount of integrated memory (180MB) yet I have a purchased an 8GB memory card for it.

Now, the issue is that a lot of programs -at least during installation- use the integrated memory, which is something that gets to be full easily.

Is there any way/software to move programs which are stored in the integrated memory to the SD card? Because I have tried many, yet they don't allow me to move almost any program, and I need to move them so that I can have enough memory on my phone in order to download and run more programs.

Thanks for the answers beforehand.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2012, 06:07   #2

elite*gold: 0

This can help you.
But it works not for all programs (Like system programs).
The absolut advantage is you needn't root your Galaxy !

But for more options you can use google and search
one of theese things: Move2SD, App2SD, A2SD, A2SD+, DT A2SD, DT App2SD, Link2SD.

I think you can find what you need

Greetz.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2012, 07:11   #3

Sadly I have used most of them and none moves any of the programs I need to move, I have followed different YouTube tutorials in which people show how to move, for example, facebook application to the SD (I don't even have FB app because of the huge space it requires) but with no results
Old 11/21/2012, 07:29   #4

My apologies for bumping this old thread, as well as for double posting, yet as I didn't get much help in here, I have found the way to do this, not sure if it just works with the Samsung Galaxy Ace or if it works with other Android devices (but I bet it does).

Basically the way to do this just requires the Android Development Kit installed in a computer, so that you run it, connect your Android device, as soon as it reads it, you can run the command to set every download to be downloaded and installed directly in the SD, by doing this, your programs will be stored and installed in the SD directly and you won't be using the few space these mobile devices provide.