anyone else with this issue just ask and ill post an explantion
i keep getting this error ...
Failed to connect to game server
this error only happens to external people ..... the server is in DMZ as the ports were being a ***** so i put it there so ports SHOULD not be an issue ...
my other pm is on the local network (he is using a different computer to the server) to the server and he can connect so I'm guessing the server is still sending a 129.xxx.xxx.xxx address ....
i have tried everything i found and could think of including this
Most common problem. Here is how to fix it.
- Open your Server Manager and stop all servers (Control Service > Shutdown All Server Service)
- Change IP addresses to correct ones
- Click on Server Update > Update to all server (exe, data files, and ini files)
- When dialog appears click OK
- Wait until all (update...) signs on left will be gone
- Close Server Manager
- Go to folder D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Config\ and check each ini file to make sure that IP addresses and other stuff are set correctly
- If everything is ok then start your Server Manager
- Then click on Control Service > Start All Server Service
- Wait until server starts and check if problem is fixed
Q: Why would I check ini files?
A: Sometimes there is problem with saving/updating them, so better to check one more time
P.S. It helped me when I had "failed to connect to game server!!!" error, not sure if 100% will help you.