Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Using other SQL

Discussion on Using other SQL within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Using other SQL

Hello guys i know that most of you using Microsoft SQL 2005,2008,2012.
But now can i try using MS SQL Maestro?
or even Sqlite?
Please help me!
Sorry for wrong session
Old 07/19/2015, 13:33   #2

Just use SQL 2008 R2 or SQL 2005/2012/2014
Old 07/19/2015, 13:50   #3

Received Thanks: 1,093
Only MS SQL Server can be used, Why do you want use an other kind of sql ? If your question is about running a shaiya server on linux, no only windows can be used.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/19/2015, 16:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Cups View Post
It's entirely possible to run a Shaiya server using MySQL and on a Linux box, though not without a bit of hard work
There is someone that said Everything is possible.

But the Server files and Database are not working on a different platform than Windows.
Old 07/19/2015, 17:51   #5

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Quote:
I said it's possible to run a Shaiya server, I never said anything about using any released files or databases. There's enough information about how packets work, for someone to write their own emulation of Shaiya. Hence the "a bit of hard work"
A bit ? Sorry, it's a lot more than a bit. So much that it's simply not worth it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/19/2015, 20:53   #6

Quote:
Depends on what you think is worth it. For someone who's goal is just to have a Shaiya server running, probably not. For someone who's goal is to do exactly what I said, then it's absolutely worth it.
Please give me one reason why moving Shaiya from Windows to Linux would be worth it.
Old 07/20/2015, 00:39   #7

Well maybe because you can forget all about so called "Viruses"
You don't have to pay 100$ for your operating system.
Free Life Time Support
I can't think of anything more.
Old 07/20/2015, 02:19   #8

he wrong section in a simple forum, where before post they ask you if you are sure to be in the right section and you think that he have the skills to rewrite the whole database and server files for work on a different system?! he is just nub and have no idea on what he is asking for.. so NOT he cannot make it working on a different system than windows!

be serious.. HE or YOU will never make it on Linux!!

I have heard that someone can fly, but you cannot fly, so if you jump from a palace you will kiss the earth!
Old 07/20/2015, 02:38   #9

Quote:
There's enough information about how packets work, for someone to write their own emulation of Shaiya. Hence the "a bit of hard work"
Like a 'Java' emulator? May be was a good idea 5 years ago, now the game is too old for people interested in spending a year or more writing thousands and thousands of lines of code to emulate it.

And look the Aion emu scene, coders spend more time adding 'the new cool stuff', than fixing the old (but essential) bugged stuff.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/20/2015, 04:10   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Whiite View Post
Well maybe because you can forget all about so called "Viruses"
You don't have to pay 100$ for your operating system.
Free Life Time Support
I can't think of anything more.
Do you know what a virus is ? Do you know how a virus works ? Do you know what kind of viruses there are ? Do you really believe one system is protected against viruses more than another ? Did you really believe that Apple computers can't have viruses ?

What's the problem with paying for a good operating system that supports your application ? Would you rather spend thousands on a developer to migrate it to a different platform ? Not to mention that it's not 100$. It's a lot less, and hosting companies add it to your monthly bill, so you don't really feel it.

Quote:
You'd be surprised to know there are people who actually like to do things for no reason other than because they want to learn more about a subject.
You'd be surprised to know how few people are running servers for the knowledge rather than the money.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 07/20/2015, 10:45   #11

Do you know what a virus is ? No I don't.
Do you know how a virus works ? Of course I don't.
Do you know what kind of viruses there are ? Are you kidding me, Who knows that.
Do you really believe one system is protected against viruses more than another ? Possibly I will have to ask a scientist to look into that for me.
Did you really believe that Apple computers can't have viruses ? Of course I believed it! Why wouldn't I!
If you are kind enough to explain to me what the following answers to individual questions are please tell me!! Always was happy to learn something new!
What's the problem with paying for a good operating system that supports your application ? The problem is my math isn't so great.
Would you rather spend thousands on a developer to migrate it to a different platform ? Yes if I win the lottery I would love too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
Do you know what a virus is ? Do you know how a virus works ? Do you know what kind of viruses there are ? Do you really believe one system is protected against viruses more than another ? Did you really believe that Apple computers can't have viruses ?

What's the problem with paying for a good operating system that supports your application ? Would you rather spend thousands on a developer to migrate it to a different platform ? Not to mention that it's not 100$. It's a lot less, and hosting companies add it to your monthly bill, so you don't really feel it.

You'd be surprised to know how few people are running servers for the knowledge rather than the money.
Old 07/20/2015, 11:14   #12

Received Thanks: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayne01
Only MS SQL Server can be used, Why do you want use an other kind of sql ? If your question is about running a shaiya server on linux, no only windows can be used.
I said every things. Please stop here with this stupid thread, everyone with a few computer knowledges know that is almost impossible, and senseless with shaiya, and even more senseless to leave windows with our serverfiles. Lets "Cups" try it, he will surrender after less than 2days, he won't earn any medal or "cup" for doing 2days of nothing, lol. And he probably won't learn anything.

If you want to learn somethings, then please buy some books insted of saying anything; And at last, you'll see that what you are saying is ridiculous.
Old 07/20/2015, 17:51   #13

No, Trayne01, what Cups said is true for the most part, it's the Whiite sarcastic little **** that's giving me brain cancer. Cups's replies are actually constructively built and his reaction to anything is mature.
Old 07/20/2015, 20:59   #14

Why ask all em questions if you weren't looking for a reply? If you know you should tell me the answers, as you personally asked me them and I told you! Why does it have to be sarcastic? Maybe a scientist would know the answer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
No, Trayne01, what Cups said is true for the most part, it's the Whiite sarcastic little **** that's giving me brain cancer. Cups's replies are actually constructively built and his reaction to anything is mature.