Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Discussion on [Release] shStudio 0.7.5 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 09/22/2014, 19:24   #16

elite*gold: 0
There is already a tool available for editing exactly in the way that you are asking (atleast i think that is what you are trying to say there) Why would you want Castor to re-create that fully working and self customizable program just to let lazy people "manually" edit in .csv.

And also from what i understand of your comment. The 67-71 type fields don't work anyway. You are looking for type 72-77 if you wish to use a different type field for armors. And those are read and edited fully by this new version of ShStudio.

P.S Thank you Castor for addressing the inability to save 0.SVMAP (dwater) from the older ShStudio versions. I can't count the amount of times i edited that file to find out it didn't save after all editions.
Old 09/22/2014, 19:43   #17

i was telling that these 3 set are fully working in game tested and used it a lot ^^

after i suggest just because i read Beta on the tool ! if not i will not permise myself to asked it.

Please i was not write to start drama on the thead ! if really i should to get lesson here its not from You

16 17 18 20 21 / 66 67 68 70 71 / 72 73 74 76 77 => working but all not readable on tool
31 32 33 35 36 / 81 82 83 85 86 / 87 88 89 91 92 => working but all not readable on tool

and my asked was more oriented on the fact that there is 'workspace' and connected to database so if we could do it directly in tools is okey.

So that suggestion was oriented NOT to you but Castor. Thank You

Regards,
Old 09/22/2014, 19:45   #18

thanks for you
Old 09/22/2014, 20:53   #19

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diavolino_ View Post
16 17 18 20 21 / 66 67 68 70 71 / 72 73 74 76 77 => working but all not readable on tool
31 32 33 35 36 / 81 82 83 85 86 / 87 88 89 91 92 => working but all not readable on tool
your point is not clear at all. thanks to make comments / requests as clear as possible (and thank to forget concepts like "drama" or "lessons", they are not the subject).

indicating that "16 17 18 20 21 / 66 67 68 70 71 / 72 73 74 76 77 => [are all] working but all not [all] readable on tool" is more a guessing than a fact.
(a fact would be for instance: "the tool lists the types 16 17 18 20 21 and the type 21 can not be edited", or the type 23 exists in the item.sdata file but the bank is not present in any of the panels).

regarding the figures you gave:
- the first set is the former one, it is supported by all (likely v.3+) clients

- the second set was introduced, AFAIK, with the client v.4; all our clients should support these types.
the type 66 that may / should contain the second set of helmets do NOT exists; if the tool does not list items with that type (66) it is simply because the opened item.sdata file does not contain items with that type.
OOH the DBItemData.sdata file does contain a bank 66 but the 255 items are not defined (contain only null values) and thus are very likely not used, even by more recent client; you will also note that the bank 81 is not present in DBItemData.sdata.

- the last set was introduced with client 6 (or 5.5+?), these items are not usable by old clients and likely not recognized by old server (where old means svr 4.5, client < 5.2)(only latest clients will manage these items).

In order to use the 3rd set you must move items from the 3rd set to the second.
You can do this operation with text processing if you are using the python scripts.
Using shStudio, you will select an item from one of these sets (let say: the armor 73-4), copy it, select an empty slot in bank 67, lets says 67-60 (you can also choose an useless armor, like a fighter top with +16 Int), and paste the data; the armor 73-4 is copied in the slot 67-60 and can now be used in game with client 5.x and server 4.5.

This paste rule applies for most of lists: in an item is selected the previously copied data are pasted into the selection; if no selection exists, the data are pasted into new items (if creation of add. item is possible) inserted at end of list.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/22/2014, 21:45   #20

Thats clear Thanks for explanation

Sorry if i was not clear but as i precised just ask me if needed but you understand well the idea.

I was using without any problem the "second and thrid" set from 66 (added because not existing) to 71 and 72 to 77 for one part that i was using as Light part. And the rest to dark as precise before.
After for sure you are following the Original way of shaiya, and i was me using it as custom for private because we could be only like that actually but in that way to use these 3 part in light and 3 part in dark was to organise each class, with them armor and eventually some part to destination of quest.
After as you were telling i am already using that method to do that, i copy one i up etc to make the way more easy
After was just for the bank of data as i was telling to get all general case of use...

Thank You again

Regards,
Old 09/23/2014, 03:23   #21

Thank you. I thought all hope was lost to have the sacred 0.7.5 ShStudio! You truly are a saint to this community.
Old 09/23/2014, 16:42   #22

Quick question:
Is the 'Del' key enabled to delete items? (or is there any secret to use it?)
Because it doesn't work on me.
I have to delete items from the menu option, pressing the Del key on the keyboard does nothing.

Update:
Sorry for not being especific above. I was referring to the map (WLD) edit module.
When Inserting/Deleting entities or coordenates, the Ins key works fine for me, but the Del key doesn't.

I know is not a major issue, since the menu option works fine for me(ALT + E, then D).
I was just asking because I want to remove hundred of entities from the CoG map (81.wld)
Old 09/23/2014, 16:51   #23

Duestion :

For the direct connexion to server,
1/ SQL Server
2/ MsSql Username + Password
After validation a New window appear so i presume i should entrance the Authentification Windows so :
3/ Username + password of server ... i clic OK and ERROR ^^

In picture more clear ^^ if you can please give us More information about that.

in more we are oblige to use the folder "Data Server" in setting or via the connexion the update will be done ?

Thank you

ps : i tested under many client to understand well the tools and take more "Habbits", i see with some client he extract half and the tool ask to be in Debug Mod and close... what could be the way of that error ?

Regards
Old 09/23/2014, 17:26   #24

@Sominus - Shift + Del seems to do the job, at least in the item.sdata. I would assume elsewhere

@Diavolino - Name or IP of server. Try insert the DB "name" instead of IP. It worked for me this way. Ex. "Truth1010-PC"
User name / pass are whatever DB admin account you have
Ex. Shaiya / Shaiya123

I believe with a save of certain files (sdata's) this new version still saves a SQL Script to whatever file directory you set. So i don't believe it's 100% necessary to have the server connection filled out for things to work. (i haven't tested that myself, as the server connection worked fine for me)
Apparently it doesn't save an SQL script like the older versions. (This may be because I'm already connected with my DB) So i would recommend saving the file in 0.7.5, then re-saving in an older ShStudio if you can't connect to your database.

Also, try running ShStudio as Admin, not that i think it would make any difference.
Old 09/23/2014, 18:01   #25

personnally i found one skill.sql in racine of studio where is place after making test on skill.

and about the error, on first picture i put already the name and pass database, But are you telling on second picture ? where i wrote windows Authentification ?

I will try to make the way that you explain. Will let know

Thank you
Old 09/23/2014, 18:17   #26

Hey, not too sure what you are asking with the "second picture" I didn't see such a thing through ShStudio when i connected to my Database

That is how mine looks, then you just hit "OK" and it connects without anything else being done.
This is of course done on a local connection. Otherwise you would need to use your public IP address to connect.
Old 09/23/2014, 19:19   #27

That is the problem i use my ip public because i connect to distant server and then i got the second picture. i tried too with firewall down on 2 side and still error and other error without firewall xD

I dont know maybe i should to activated something that make wrong the connexion.

Thanks to you
Old 09/23/2014, 21:09   #28

Then i think the 2nd picture you show would be asking for the Windows access (remote) user/pass to whatever PC holds your database.

Of course an answer from Castor or someone else who knows more would be best as i only use files locally

i would only suggest to open the ports used by SQL (10.10.10.1) or something, i believe..
Old 09/23/2014, 22:32   #29

i was trying some way to put normally as indicated to inversed same to second windows to put back the first identifiant and rest but still not working.

i am "..." wait answer from Castor maybe could help...

and thanks again for help
Old 09/24/2014, 00:27   #30

Received Thanks: 3,359
@Diavolino:

the pictures posted by Truth1010 are correct.
- in the second dialog, you must select the "SQL Authentication" ("Utiliser la connexion approuvée" doit être décoché)
- in ID, you must provide the name of a registered SQL admin
- in "Mot de passe", you provide the password of the designated account

if ID & password are valid, you can click on "Base de données" and select one of the base (schema) hosted by the server.
If you got an error 18456 when clicking on "Base" it means that ID and/or password is invalid.
If you obtain an error 1326 ('ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE') it could be because you try the "NT Auth" ("connexion approuvée") but the name / password are invalid in workgroup or domain. It may also due to invalid or unreachable IP (I can't manage tests on external SQL svr to be sure).

note that the second dialog is just a tool to help to debug connection issues, it appears when shStudio fails to connect but can't define precisely the reason of error.
also note that as indicated in the user guide, we should *NOT* connect to a live SQL server with shStudio because the connection is not secured (not using SSH).

@Sominus

the support of the Del key in the tree-list control is indeed broken, thank for this feedback.
you must (until bug fix release) use the menu item to perform the operation.

the "Erase item" option (shortcut Shift+Del) is to be used when an item can not be deleted from its source but you want it to no longer be used by game; the tool fills-in the row with zeros; this is required for instance to clear an item from the item.sdata file; most of banks of this file must always contain 255 items (with typeID ranging 1 up to 255).

@Truth1010

Server-side updates are managed according:
- if a live connection exists with a SQL Server, and if PS_GameDefs schema exists in the connected server and if the expected tables exist in this base, then: each time an item / skill / product / monster is changed (by validation of its tailored editor), the record(s) related to this item / skill / etc is updated in the corresponding table. The status bar of the window of the file indicates succesfull update of the base.

- if a server repository is defined, a SQL script performing the update of the full table is generated when the source file (item.sdata, skill.sdata, etc) is saved. this script is generated even if individual records were yet updated upon validation of each opened edition-dialogs; it is also generated if the file was saved w/o any changes.

note that Server node indicates a path like: x:\<directory>\PSM_Client and the first node is labeled "PSM_Client\bin\data".
with such names, the SQL scripts are saved into x:\<directory>\PSM_Client\ or in x:\<directory>\PSM_Client\scripts\ if it exists.

the SQL script is *not* generated (and you possibly loose your work) if no server repository are defined; you *must* so always define it!
(may be a few number of editors save the SQL script in the workspace root if no server repos. exist; this must be seen as a bug.)
Thanks
3 Users