Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[How to] Change maps

Discussion on [How to] Change maps within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
[How to] Change maps

Heya around,
im today here to pass u some informations about changing maps around to the map id u want but i will tell u before i tell how it goes that this always might be going toghter with bugs so be aware and always double check.

Second, u may ask what this is for and how it will help u. The point of it is to be able to use mini maps! As example there would be map 75/76/81 which wont allow the usage of mini maps. The reason for that is the game.exe/ps_game.
If u take now a deeper look into the data.sah u will see under data/interface/MiniMap quiet some mini maps in and u can guess now which maps allow the usage of mini maps and which not. As u may noticed most of u actuelly never use the maps 100+ but exactly these got mini maps enabled. So there is the chance to have mini maps for map 75/76/81.

Okay lets start,

server sided changes
  1. take the svmaps and rename them to the number u want. for example map 75 to map 105
  2. open the map.ini copy what is written under "set zone 75" and replace it with the written under "set zone 105"
okay that was easy now lets get to the bit harder stuff

client sided changes (i suggest to use shaiya make for that)
  1. navigate to data/interface/worldname and take the 75_x files and rename them to 105_x
  2. navigate to data/interface/MiniMap and take 75 and rename it to 105
  3. navigate to data/world and take 75.wld and the matching ini and rename them to 105
  4. navigate to data/world/Field and take the 75er folder rename the folder to 105 and rename the files in that folder to 105_x aswell

to get the update working here comes the twist u need to deleate first the whole folder 105 from ur data.sah or the map will fck up.
After u have done that run the patch or import the changed stuff to ur data.sah
Restart ur server and u can log in and watch ur changes !

credits here go to equinox who helped me with it.

FYI
  • this goes only for maps with a field folder if the map doesnt got one its a dungeon and u just need to replace the wld file.
  • always think about what the map is for ! Example map 35/36 are several used as respawm place for later maps (not via map ini its about the game.exe)
  • maps like that
  • map 1 (respawm place if u lvl up to 16 and logg out in 15ner pvp)
  • map 2 (respawm place if u lvl up to 16 and logg out in 15ner pvp)
  • map 19(respawm place if u lvl up to 31 and logg out in 30er pvp)
  • map 20(respawm place if u lvl up to 31 and logg out in 30er pvp)
  • aswell think about specific means of the map which is stored in game.exe
  • like arena where u can battle the oposite faction or AH and such stuff.
  • take care that u dont replace maps where textures going to be used from other maps aswell.
=> rly think over and over before u change a map!!!!!
Thanks
29 Users
Old 12/12/2012, 23:12   #2

elite*gold: 0
nettes gimick, für total neue .. würde für stimmen dies weiter zuführen .. andere tuts die einen schritt für schritt erklären wie man laufen lernt im shaiya p server uni.. auch erstellen und editieren ...

ich weis genau diese tuts gibt es bereits seid jahren ! doch es gibt leute die eine so genaue hilfe brauchen um klar zu kommen... darum vote for guide for shaiya "extrem dummies"

am besten so das sie den neuen in gesicht springen
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/13/2012, 14:11   #3

#updated
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/13/2012, 15:58   #4

Received Thanks: 5,451
I've done this before and it doesn't work perfectly. I replaced 75 with 68 and they both had visual bugs, like transparent hills and such. There is a tiny chance that I made it wrong, so I'll try again in the near future.
Also, you forgot to mention the change of mini-map in the game.exe:
Search for 105.tga and replace it with 75.tga.
Old 12/13/2012, 16:54   #5

Nice Tut. Und gut für die "Neuen" und die, die gerade anfangen sich mit der Materie auseinanderzusetzen. Aber mal ehrlich, wenn man einen Server eröffnen möchte, sollte mann sich schon einwenig einarbeiten und kann selbst herausfinden, wie man die Maps macht und wie man Bugs behebt. Am besten wäre es noch, wenn wir Tut's bereitstellen würden, die zeigen wie man Schritt für Schritt ein Tut in dem alles erklärt wird abarbeitet.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2012, 20:07   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
I've done this before and it doesn't work perfectly. I replaced 75 with 68 and they both had visual bugs, like transparent hills and such. There is a tiny chance that I made it wrong, so I'll try again in the near future.
Also, you forgot to mention the change of mini-map in the game.exe:
Search for 105.tga and replace it with 75.tga.
yup then u did it wrong i changed quiet alot maps around and i didnt had that problems.
second u should definatly read better/ ur idea of changing the stuff in game exe it to much useless work tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear94 View Post
[*]navigate to data/interface/MiniMap and take 75 and rename it to 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolterKnecht View Post
Am besten wäre es noch, wenn wir Tut's bereitstellen würden, die zeigen wie man Schritt für Schritt ein Tut in dem alles erklärt wird abarbeitet.
mein tut is actually already to detailed but i posted it because the deleating stuff is annoying and if u forget that u get an map load error and u have to think quiet some time till u figure that the problem is that not all textures was over written
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/14/2012, 18:49   #7

Don't forget to remake all teleport points from gate keepers
Thanks
5 Users
Old 12/15/2012, 10:03   #8

I did it again yesterday, worked perfectly. Last time I did it and failed, I probably didn't rename the .tga textures correctly.
Would be nice to know how to make another thing. When I log off being on map 105(replaced already, so it's the new ep6 light map) and I log on again, instead of being on 105, I'm in Apulune.
Old 12/15/2012, 10:10   #9

102,103,104,105,... are battle zones
Old 12/15/2012, 10:49   #10

Quote:
I did it again yesterday, worked perfectly. Last time I did it and failed, I probably didn't rename the .tga textures correctly.
Would be nice to know how to make another thing. When I log off being on map 105(replaced already, so it's the new ep6 light map) and I log on again, instead of being on 105, I'm in Apulune.
nice to hear that u got it to work and as bulgaria said
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaria View Post
102,103,104,105,... are battle zones
means these maps were supposed to be for the meeting of ppl between different servers like on OS and u was supposed to respawm in apu/karis if u logg of there this is the same as if u leveled over in 15ner/30er pvp zones and u respawm on map 1/2 after relogging this should be stored somewhere in game.exe/ps_game :/
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/15/2012, 11:15   #11

It's definitely ps_game.exe, but unfortunately a very limited number of people know how to change that.
Old 12/15/2012, 19:38   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaria View Post
Don't forget to remake all teleport points from gate keepers
and if needed the locations of portals.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2012, 15:35   #13

Another bad point, or at least bad point if replacing with battle zone maps. Press G and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 12/16/2012, 15:43   #14

Quote:
Another bad point, or at least bad point if replacing with battle zone maps. Press G and you'll see what I'm talking about.
it wont open but this was just an example ö.ö u can replace to other maps aswell.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/13/2013, 01:17   #15

Amazing Tut Thank you so much Teddy My issue is that I need MiniMap for 81 Now switching maps is easy enough but what about the files I dont know which to change for this one ..Helpplz
Thanks
1 User