Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 02:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] PVP Rankings (MSSQL ODBC)

Discussion on [Release] PVP Rankings (MSSQL ODBC) within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 05/13/2012, 22:05   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustzJokes View Post
Nice Release abrasive. But by me it doesnt Shows any Charakter. Only The Buttons. You know what to do?
I can't help you if you don't provide any information. Is javascript enabled in your web browser? Are you running any browser plugins that block scripts, such as no-script? What web browser and version are you using? Are you getting any errors?
Old 05/13/2012, 23:01   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasive View Post
I can't help you if you don't provide any information. Is javascript enabled in your web browser? Are you running any browser plugins that block scripts, such as no-script? What web browser and version are you using? Are you getting any errors?
I think its enabled. I use Google Chrome and The latest Version. It doesnt shows any error
Old 05/13/2012, 23:28   #18

Quote:
I think its enabled. I use Google Chrome and The latest Version. It doesnt shows any error
Do you have a url where I can look at it?
Old 05/13/2012, 23:48   #19

It worked perfectly for me, and i`m using FireFox.
All i had to do is to change a row in rank_DAO.php

Other than that it works smooth and perfectly.

Just post a SS in here, and abrasive can tell you why you can`t view it.
Old 05/14/2012, 02:25   #20

no date

??
Old 05/16/2012, 09:16   #21

abrasive, i have some interesting issue.
No any errors but i have infinity loading circle page.
How can i fix it?

I use MSSQL 2012.

I try to change some scripts to modify to MSSQL connection:

In db.config:
Code:
<?php
// Database configuration parameters
$Server = "127.0.0.1";
$User = "Shaiya";
$Pass = "Shaiya123";
$selected = @mssql_connect($Server,$User,$Pass) or die("Error!");
?>
in rank_DAO:
Code:
public function getCharacterRanks($criteria = array()){
		if(!$selected){exit("Connection Failed: " . $selected);}
		}
but i have error in rank_DAO.php like:

Quote:
syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in rank_DAO.php on line 15
line 15 is:
Code:
$validLevels = array(
			0=>array(1,999),
			1=>array(1,15),
			2=>array(16,30),
			3=>array(31,999), etc.
Old 05/16/2012, 19:01   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosong View Post

I try to change some scripts to modify to MSSQL connection:
Can you post the first 20 lines of rank_DAO?
Old 05/16/2012, 21:34   #23

OFK:

This first 20 lines rank_DAO:
Code:
<?php
/**
 * Data access object for querying player ranking information from the database.
 */
class Rank_DAO{
	/**
	 * Get a paginated array of characters and their ranks based on the input criteria.
	 * @param array $criteria
	 * @return array
	 */
	public function getCharacterRanks($criteria = array()){
[COLOR="Red"][B]line 12		if(!$selected){exit("Connection Failed: " . $selected);}
line 13		}[/B][/COLOR]
		// Map level filter to valid level ranges for PVP zones.
[B][COLOR="Red"]line 15		$validLevels = array([/COLOR][/B]
			0=>array(1,999),
			1=>array(1,15),
			2=>array(16,30),
			3=>array(31,999),
		);
I change only line 12-13:

Original lines 12-13:
Code:
if(!$GLOBALS['dbConn']){exit("Connection failed:".odbc_errormsg());}
My changes lines 12-13:
Code:
if(!$selected){exit("Connection Failed: " . $selected);}}
Error i have in line 15.

I can't understand why my ODBC doesn't work and i try it change to MSSQL version, but have this errors .
Old 05/16/2012, 23:34   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosong View Post

My changes lines 12-13:
Code:
if(!$selected){exit("Connection Failed: " . $selected);}}
Error i have in line 15.

I can't understand why my ODBC doesn't work and i try it change to MSSQL version, but have this errors .
It looks like the problem is your extra curly bracket on end of the line quoted above^

Also your exit condition no longer makes sense with that change. Instead of displaying the error that occurred, you are saying "if not something in $selected then echo the not something", which will probably be null or blank.

I would put the odbc_errormsg() back so you can see why you aren't connecting to MSSQL.
Old 05/19/2012, 03:12   #25

anything for mssql version?

error: type data is not a defined system type

I'm using sql server 2005 thats why, any ideas to fix it? for sql 2005?
Old 05/19/2012, 03:24   #26

"Date" is not supported in MSSQL 2005

To fix the problem, there is alot of ways. Best way is to change "Date" to "DateTime"
or upgrade to MSSQL 2008+
Old 05/19/2012, 22:13   #27

elite*gold: 46
Received Thanks: 4,249
Quote:
Nice Release abrasive. But by me it doesnt Shows any Charakter. Only The Buttons. You know what to do?
I have the same problem. Do you use EP4 like me? Regards

@abrasive
Old 05/19/2012, 23:58   #28

If you are testing it on a test server you won't be able to see your own character because the script don't allow to show GM Status players.
I've test this on ep3,ep4,ep5,ep6 all of them worked like a charm. So yea it's working.
Old 05/20/2012, 10:32   #29

very cool!

theres a few problems for me though... It seems very slow to load, which might not be all that bad, but then it keeps loading the character info when you move the curser over them and never finish loading.

the other problem I seem to have is that the rank icons seems to be 1 higher than they suposed to be. Like our highest rank has a star and it shows up as 2 stars.

the first is probably because we have a huge amount of entries in the db for it query through. the 2nd one im not so sure about.
Old 05/20/2012, 12:17   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADMIN]Cryptic View Post
very cool!

theres a few problems for me though... It seems very slow to load, which might not be all that bad, but then it keeps loading the character info when you move the curser over them and never finish loading.

the other problem I seem to have is that the rank icons seems to be 1 higher than they suposed to be. Like our highest rank has a star and it shows up as 2 stars.

the first is probably because we have a huge amount of entries in the db for it query through. the 2nd one im not so sure about.
I can't do anything about the slow loading of tool-tips, please see the first post. It is up to the server admins to maintain an action log table that can reasonably queried against for the tool-tip's data.

You are correct on the rank symbols being one-off, I will post here when I have a fix for that.